HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:20 AM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Thanks Oz when I looked closer I saw the relief otherwise I wasn't sure how I would get the wires back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Hi Ron,

there is relief for the motor wires on the frame if the wires are on top of the boom.

Oz
ronrc is offline Find More Posts by ronrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:28 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Let there be Lights

Optional LED Light Bars on X1:

LED Light Bars (without plugs)
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Optional LED Light Bars on X1:

LED Light Bars (without plugs)
Do they blink? I am looking for non blinking white lights.
Globel is offline Find More Posts by Globel
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Sorry, these are cascading lights. In fact, all 4 of them are the same. Therefore, I only used half an order on the X1. Otherwise, I couldn't tell orientation.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:45 AM
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
there are a lot of posts on here about how to charge batteries - the lead you most likely talk about is something like this (for parallel charging):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230580978475...84.m1423.l2649

Personally, however, I prefer charging with the Xtreme harnesses (I think that would be called "serial" once you do true balance charging)
Here is my youtube vid on how I do this for the msr style batteries - but Xtreme also makes (an) adapter/harness for JST plug:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=9446

http://youtu.be/bigKNJDKyeg

I wish i had that link a month ago... I made my own... I didn't know they existed.. I thought it was crazy to parallel charge when i can balance charge instead.

Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Balance Charge Cable:
Pros: Perfect balance of cells.
Con: Must charge 3 cells at a time. Longer charge time.

Parallel Charge Cable:
Pros: You could charge any number of cells. Shorter charge time.
Con: You should only charge cells of like voltage.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
667 Posts
Quote:
OMG, Tboost, I didn't realize this before, but I have the same FullyMax battery (701855XL). Mine says 500mAh on it. I used it on my X1 the other night and it gave me 10.5 minutes of flight. Mind you that mine is an old, old battery that came with a used helicopter I bought. I think the last owner did something to it. It has no OCP on mine, because the last owner removed it, I think. The battery terminals and connecting wires were wrapped with band-aid. LOL. But I couldn't believe how well it is still performing.
yeah, i think its a 500mah battery, although it says 600mah on the syma box. Anyways, it gives me like a couple of more mins of flight time.

Did u daw the second set of pics i uploaded?...i think i see an OCP on the battery.
I charged it today twice plugged to the S113g, I may try tomorrow to charge it directly from the usb charger and check after an hour or so if the light goes off.
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Quote:
Balance Charge Cable:
Pros: Perfect balance of cells.
Con: Must charge 3 cells at a time. Longer charge time.

Parallel Charge Cable:
Even with a balance charger lead you should have them within a .10 or so or your balancer will go crazy.

On a side note.. what is the best site in the USA to buy motors from..
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:10 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:

Parallel Charge Cable:
For cells that have different voltages, you can hook them up together before charging to let the voltages equalize. The higher charged cells will start to transfer current to the lower charged cells until they are about equal in voltage.
If you are curious (or scared), you can put a current meter between 2 batteries to see how much current is flowing during this equalization.
For 1 cell batteries (what these little quads tend to use), the voltage differences between different charge states are small and so the resulting currents to equalize the batteries are small. If the current gets too large, you can always insert a resister inbetween to limit the current flow.
I have connected a fully charged cell with a ~1/2 charged cell and measured the current: less than 1C, so about as safe as a 1C charge to the less charged cell.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
yeah, i think its a 500mah battery, although it says 600mah on the syma box. Anyways, it gives me like a couple of more mins of flight time.

Did u daw the second set of pics i uploaded?...i think i see an OCP on the battery.
I charged it today twice plugged to the S113g, I may try tomorrow to charge it directly from the usb charger and check after an hour or so if the light goes off.
Yes, I did. I think I saw an OCP, too. But I'm still looking at photos through tape. You should be able to see/feel it.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:23 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globel View Post
Even with a balance charger lead you should have them within a .10 or so or your balancer will go crazy.

On a side note.. what is the best site in the USA to buy motors from..
That's true, so I'm not really sure what the advantage of using a Balance lead in this situation. I parallel charge mine all the time.

Best USA Motors? How about FORD?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:30 AM
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Quote:
That's true, so I'm not really sure what the advantage of using a Balance lead in this situation. I parallel charge mine all the time.

Best USA Motors? How about FORD?
you wont over charge with a balance lead.

I am talking about the brushed motors that the syma helicopter uses.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:35 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
You won't overcharge in parallel charging 1 cell batteries (also true with multiple cell batteries if there is a set of parallel balance connectors) either: all cells in parallel end-up with the same voltage, and at the end of a charge, this will be the end voltage of the Lipo charger: 4.2V.
If one cell has more voltage than the others, then charge will flow from this one cell to the others, lowering the charge and voltage on this one cell, and increasing the charge and voltage of the others until the voltage is equalized
Conversely, if one cell has less voltage than the others, then charge will flow from the other cells to this cell, increasing the charge and voltage on this one cell, and decreasing the charge and voltage of the others until the voltage is equalized.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Feb 03, 2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:45 AM
night is right for flight!
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1357 View Post
Hey if anyone in the Portland OR area wants to join me, I am meeting some other flying buddies at Portland International Raceway tomorrow morning around 10 AM. We meet in the lot next to the gate and fly over the grass field to the west. I will bring my 9X radio and if you don't have one but would like to see how it works with your X1 you could try it out. If I get my act together tonight I may have some FPV gear ready too.
DAMN! i missed this post until just now. bummer, beautiful day in Ptown for flying or pretty much anything else for that matter. i did hook up with a buddy at his house for some mods and RC talk over a few beers and some quad night flying. give me a little more notice next time Slim and i'll try to be there!

nice lights HP! i followed your link and ordered a couple sets.
thunnus is offline Find More Posts by thunnus
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:

I am talking about the brushed motors that the syma helicopter uses.
I was just playing earlier (). But I still don't know the specific motors you are looking for. We are in the Syma X1 thread, but you are asking for just motors (no specific one), now Syma helicopter. There are so many helicopter models. Or, were you just talking X1 motors? I can't be sure.

There are US sellers, such as Xheli. But you pay a premium for quick shipping. Their motors are $6, plus $5 or so shipping. Or, this seller at Amazon. But at $20 shipping, I don't think they are serious about doing business with you. But if you can wait, you could get this for $2.59.

X1-14-15: Spare Motor
Last edited by Heli Pad; Feb 03, 2013 at 02:53 AM.