HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:45 AM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,622 Posts
I'm afraid that Andy is right on the components used even on US designed and produced items. Even if some of the semiconductors are US made you can bet that the other minor parts like resistors and capacitors used on the boards and likely the wire and connectors are produced offshore.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,380 Posts
You may have found my previous comments facetious,but the point is we live in a global economy.Couple of examples-Bruces comments above for one.The copper for the wire?
Foam was mentioned earlier- what's the feedstock for it,oil I'm guessing;is US oil suitable?Similarly with any synthetic materials,glues and plastics.Noble enterprise but youll have to make a lot of compromises to achieve your goal.
Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
It was a thought, and an idea, and a concept. I didn't think it would be easy, and expected all level of comments. So far, nothing to bad. I knew some would go down the path of "peeling the onion back" to almost molecular levels when talking about the items needed to build something. I get it.

Still marching forward, if it can't be 100%, no reason why we can't try for 99%. Or another number. No harm in trying.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
No harm in trying.
Damn right.
Taget is offline Find More Posts by Taget
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Update as of today

The plane kit has been purchased and received, took a while to find what I was looking for, and turns out I had one before . Discussed with builder and owner of the company and he was kind enough to share where he sources his raw material.

Servos, connectors, and motor are next on the list to find.

I recognize we live in a global community, but there are still ways to find goods made in the US, even if they are from foreign parts. I'll keep digging to find what I can to make this as "USA" sourced as possible.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)