HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:23 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
MPX did it on the Cularis, but in contrary to the Cularis, the EasyStar II does not need ailerons and many customers may not even want to install ailerons.

Jürgen
I don't even use the plugs via wings on cularis. I plug them in separately after wings conect. A lot more safe.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:38 PM
Exmouth, Devon, UK
Joined Dec 2004
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk1 View Post
Does anyone know if they are going to offer the original EZ once the EZ II is available?

Thank you Todd?
According to one UK retailer it's already discontinued.
Going, going.....
brantley is offline Find More Posts by brantley
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley View Post
According to one UK retailer it's already discontinued.
Going, going.....
According to your link, the model is still available in limited quantities. The price however is quite high, considering that Multiplex lowered the price down to €44.44

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:38 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,745 Posts
Note that WW Models say 'discontinued' rather than 'superseded'.... perhaps a Marketing ploy to create artificial demand to support their prices?

Though I may be being unfair - if they had bought in their stock before the MPX price drop, why should they suddenly lose all their margin??
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:31 AM
Pittsburgh
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Jurgen
That was a pretty fast out of the box fly video! Did you notice if Multiplex made any changes to the way the wings join together, like the way it zig zags and fits together like a puzzle? Does it seem to be any stronger, the wing and where it joins to the fuselage? I noticed that they dug more foam out to place the ESC there and maybe thought they strengthened it some how for the missing foam. Three of my easystars have worn out where the wings join and where they join to the body! Either way cant wait till Febuary! Im in desperate need of a new fpv platform and of the planes i switch gear to, it always ends up back on my EZ!
JoBustin is offline Find More Posts by JoBustin
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:10 PM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
I am still waiting for them to arrive at www.headsuprc.com
SARG5
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:13 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Though I may be being unfair - if they had bought in their stock before the MPX price drop, why should they suddenly lose all their margin??
That's life! It is up to the customer to buy, wherever he (or she) gets the best deal.

Jürgen
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:49 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,745 Posts
Quote:
That's life! It is up to the customer to buy, wherever he (or she) gets the best deal.

Jürgen
Absolutely... though I would say that it is up to the customer to buy wherever he (or she) wants to, rather than simply where they get the best deal.

In my original comment, I was merely pointing out that rather than being mercenary in the extreme by buying in at the post price drop level and selling out at the pre price drop level, the vendor in question may have made a conscious decision to protect his margin on previously purchased stock by keeping his selling price at the pre-drop level, and have chosen to be satisfied with slower sales to those customers who have not done research.
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:47 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Hey guys, in reading through the manual supplied earlier in this thread I notice that the CG for this plane(EZ**)is set at 78mm from the LE, is this the same value for the EZ*?
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:17 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair View Post
Hey guys, in reading through the manual supplied earlier in this thread I notice that the CG for this plane(EZ**)is set at 78mm from the LE, is this the same value for the EZ*?
Yes it is, because both models use the same wing geometry.

Jürgen
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:47 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Yes it is, because both models use the same wing geometry.

Jürgen
Thanks Jurgen, much appreciated.
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:06 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
I have recently bought an old EZ* at a clear out for £38.97 incl post (you can work it out into $ or €). I shall be doing a removable tail like the MK2 and of course the brushless setup with a few other usual mods.
I would like to get some of those folding props though when they become available.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I would like to get some of those folding props though when they become available.
Those folding props should already be available - as they are the same as used on the Xeno. All you need is some smaller folding blades (7x4").

Jürgen
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:49 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Those folding props should already be available - as they are the same as used on the Xeno. All you need is some smaller folding blades (7x4").

Jürgen
Have I missed something? Does the Mk2 not use a 6X4?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2010
713 Posts
Multiplex Is No More

I just got off the phone with a representative from BP Hobbies. He told me that over the next year or so the Multiplex name will be dropped in favor of the Hi-Tek branding. He had no sure word on whether any of their (Multiplex) models are to be dropped from the line, but added that that would be unlikely since Hi-Tek bought the company 5 years ago and any changes would have been made by now.

Look for the EZ II to come out under the Hi-Tek banner with a different product name.

Cliff
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot