SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Builders likes; FFF or Depron Aero or Dollar Tree Foamboard or Depron or EPP
I would rather build with FFF because of its low cost regardless of its quality 32 31.68%
I would like a better quality foam like Depron Aero, even though the cost is significantly higher 14 13.86%
I will continue to buy Dollar Tree foamboard and peel the paper. 17 16.83%
I prefer regular Depron over the above choices. 29 28.71%
Give me EPP, its gotta take a pounding. 9 8.91%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
everything with RC
Brest..."grand ouest"
Joined Nov 2004
155 Posts
Hi Ken,
To points i do not see in the plan: the dièdral ? You Speak about 5° per wing but nothing appears in the plan André the cuts in the vertical fuselage panel looks to be drawn for 0diedral
Other point is thé compensation thé tail. Visible on thé picture but not on thé plan.... What is your final recommandation ?
Tanks
Éric
lebardemelon is offline Find More Posts by lebardemelon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,747 Posts
Eric,
Regarding the wing dihedral.The center of the wing is flat through the fuselage and then bends up 5° on each panel.

On point two, I understand that you are speaking of the aerodynamic counterbalances on the tail surfaces. I omitted these from the plans as that feature on the prototype produces more drag than actual counterbalance effect. This is the result of the thickness of the foam.

Google translate is wonderful. I hope this helps.

En ce qui concerne la centrale de l'aile dihedral.The de l'aile est à plat au travers du fuselage, puis se penche jusqu'à 5 ° sur chaque panneau.

Sur deux points, je comprends que vous parlez des contrepoids aérodynamiques sur les surfaces de l'empennage. J'ai omis celles-ci des plans de cette fonctionnalité sur le prototype produit plus de traînée que l'effet réellement contrepoids. Ceci est le résultat de l'épaisseur de la mousse.

Mes excuses pour tout inconvénient,
Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,424 Posts
Great plane! Hope you soon post the outdoor video ...For your next vlf project a Pilatus PC-21 would be interesting
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Great plane! Hope you soon post the outdoor video ...For your next vlf project a Pilatus PC-21 would be interesting
Thanks. Had alot of fun flying it indoors today.

As far as the next VLF project. You'll have to get in line. I get many requests for this or that design. Not enough time to do them all. Still have many unfinished projects that I want to complete.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:10 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Ken,

I vote take a break for awhile, go complete a few personal projects, period. If you don't you may burn out a bit doing everyone a dis-service, mostly you and your family.

You have many designs out now. I'm sure you will still be cutting kits, and again that limits your personal time too. I've seen you lurking in threads with no posting of your own work! Just do it.

When you are ready you will be back with full steam in the boiler, ready for the next legacy.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
U.S air force texen II

hey ken still working on the tunco.had to redo glued together wrong.iam working on a texen II .have some pics.
popedan is offline Find More Posts by popedan
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:35 AM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Feb 2010
3,278 Posts
This plane just looks sweet. I'm interested in making a larger 42" one. Has any progress been made?
munce31 is offline Find More Posts by munce31
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:58 AM
everything with RC
Brest..."grand ouest"
Joined Nov 2004
155 Posts
Hilary Ken,
Here is thé result. Test fly next week-end..... Too much wind today in brittany
Cheers
Éric'
Sorry but impossible to upload pic tirés situ thaïs iPad........nevertheless, Nice plane, Well balanced and pleasant to build
lebardemelon is offline Find More Posts by lebardemelon
Old May 13, 2012, 11:41 AM
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Jul 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
That is right in the neighborhood for the battery range of 1300-1500 mAh 3s coupled to a 2208 to 2212 motor or Towerpro equivalent. Looking at the same 4 or 5 servos as well. That would allow for optional flaps. Also landing gear with a retract option hopefully. Looking for suitable equipment for that.

Ken
I like this plane it looks good, flies well. I think I'm ready to move on to a more capable plane.
Any updates for a 42" kit w/ landing gear and optional flaps? Also, is the wing removable?
sixfins is offline Find More Posts by sixfins
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:11 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
419 Posts
Learned two things today:
The Tucano doesn't fly well/at all underpowered
and
Wood stick reinforcement for the front is important.

Tried to use a Dynam Hawk Sky motor and an 8x4 I with 2S had on hand instead of waiting longer for the right motor/prop. Took four hand launches before I gave up. I kept thinking if I could throw it higher and harder I could at least get some airspeed built up. I would probably still be out there trying if it hadn't snapped the nose off on the fourth try. Need to learn to trust those thrust calculators more.

I even had the throws down to 1/4" and still managed to tip stall it before I could get up speed. It actually is a pretty tough bird. Did I mention the wind started gusting right when I started to "fly?" Well, the DollarTree foam snapped without exploding so out with the glue and bamboo skewers...
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:36 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,737 Posts
Looks really good!
What does VLF stand for, Vertically Laminated Foam?
djacob7 is offline Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,368 Posts
Close Vertically Laminated Fuselage
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:02 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,737 Posts
Thx!
djacob7 is offline Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Jul 26, 2013, 08:57 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awie Dreyer View Post
Hi there
My name is Awie.
Sorry to ask you something you've build a view year ago. I'm looking for more info on the tucano that I recently disc overt and trying to built it. I have come so far by building the fuse, by the wings are a bit confusing to me. How did you assemble the wings if I may ask. If you have any photos or drw to assist me I would welcome it so much. Ps if you have any other plans for nice aircrafts, can or will u please email I to me. Ill be very thank full to you for ever

Kind regards
Awie
My email add is: dreyerabraham@gmail.com
Awie,

My advice on the Tucano is to use the SEMFF WWII Combat models thread as a guide on how to assemble. Here is a link that I have in the first post of that thread of a pictorial guide to assembly of this type of model. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1874

Always happy to help,
Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:46 AM
India, TN, MAS
Joined Aug 2013
304 Posts
One question is this a trainer
rcniteshrc is offline Find More Posts by rcniteshrc