HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
I will update my s800 from 5.12 to 5.14. But, what means this statement on the 5.14 notes?

<For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade.>

I cant use my lipo pluged during upgrade? just plug the usb cable?
Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me either.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
I ask those who have already made ​​the update: no need to plug the lipo battery to proceed the update?

I noticed that when connecting the Zenmuse usb cable to my laptop, the status LED of WKM blinks without being connected to battery.
cortez is offline Find More Posts by cortez
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
I will update my s800 from 5.12 to 5.14. But, what means this statement on the 5.14 notes?

<For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade.>

I cant use my lipo pluged during upgrade? just plug the usb cable?
Use the XT60 connector (that connects to the PMU) to power up. That way there is no power to the arms etc. of the S800. Its just a safety thing.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Use the XT60 connector (that connects to the PMU) to power up. That way there is no power to the arms etc. of the S800. Its just a safety thing.
Its not logical, because i would have to remove all screws to access it inside the frame. I will do the old way.
Thanks Robert.
cortez is offline Find More Posts by cortez
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:05 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Its not logical, because i would have to remove all screws to access it inside the frame. I will do the old way.
Thanks Robert.
so, remove the props if y want safety.
(perso, i to flash with all on)
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
I have it so I can reach the XT60 connectors. I would remove the props. I think there are chances the motors can spin up during firmware upgrades.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:20 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
power up

Quote:
Thanks Robert.

I just turn my radio on when I power my WKM always, even on the bench.
I have never had anything try to start up... make sure fail safe is not on but I have done that also by accident and nothing happened.
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,803 Posts
I don't attach the arms when I do an upgrade. Solves the problem.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I don't attach the arms when I do an upgrade. Solves the problem.
I agree
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:06 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
my naza has jumped the motors on firmware upgrade please make sure you remove props etc!!!

steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:13 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
my naza has jumped the motors on firmware upgrade please make sure you remove props etc!!!

steve
Thanks
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,053 Posts
So, I have my 2012 imu and mc on my quad. The pmu was replaced once by dji, and the only original piece is the gos compass. Since I got the imu and mc back I upgraded to 5.14 and had gps hold wandering badly do I downgraded to 5.12a (because i couldnt find 5.12 anywhere)which appeared to solve the wandering issue somewhat. I have had several good flights with a few dreaded white flashes but the gps takes forever to get lock the first go around. Today with perfect blue sky and gos locked, 2/3 the way through a 6 minute gps flight I suddenly got 3 red flashes, then no red flashes followed by sudden loss of pitch/roll and a sudden drop of altitude. I switched to manual and saved it, but for 1200$ and countless hours of research and troubleshooting I am near the breaking point. Neither of my nazas have ever done anything remotely close to what has become a routine "flies ok for a little while then another problem". I just can't trust this wkm to fly in gps, and even in atti. with all the white flashes I'm constantly uneasy about flying, just waiting for another surprise behavior. Maybe it's a damaged gps, maybe it's just me, but I'm close to being over it. Anyone want to buy it from me? The new imu and mc have suffered no crashes, and the pmu should be fine too, though the gps may be questionable. I don't mean to discourage anyone, Ive just had enough of messing with this thing and want to go to what has been good to me and put a naza on it. Cheers all, if anyone's interested in it send me a pm!
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:15 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Today my recently completed Octo with a Cinestar gimbal flipped on me and crashed. I am running 5.12 firmware. Has this happened to anyone? I don't know why it happened, the octo was flying perfect, then all of a sudden it flipped to the left and crashed upside down.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:16 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
I too find that my one wkm performs flawless with no white flashes and not strange behaviour. The other one I don't trust at all!!!

It drives me nuts too
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:57 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Should I be worried about the WKM after my flip crash? I don't know what caused it, I don't think it was the copters electronics.
I have the 2 FreeFly servo on the Cinestar gimbal taking power from the WKM power unit. I wonder if I could have over loaded it and caused a brown out to the system.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)