HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
I've got a 6s 5000mAh and a 100A ESC on the way for my T60. I need to finish covering the fuse and mount some gear. I'm hoping I will have enough power. The motor I have is an EMP 5065-380kv. Any prop suggestions from the leccy gurus?
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Chris, you know I'd help if I could!!

Mike, your buddy Gino is cool, you should ask him to drop by the thread sometime. I'm sure he'd fit right in!

Snowman, the price is whatever someone is willing to pay. They could always say no!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post

Wow Mike, your buddy already responded while I was posting this!
Gino Rulez!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Hand launch and hand catch!! Just hover low and pick it.

Well, I have the Candy Corn done. Maybe maiden today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
This is the second FireFly, like the one I posted a few weeks ago. The prop is a little close to the back so that may need to be changed. I am expecting the same flight characteristics as the first one.

I think I will keep this one a little longer.
I have had 3 FireFly's <one was a mini> and they are fun. They were always my "Windy Day" foamie. I gots to build me one again. Frisbee launch always
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
You learn these tricks as you get older....

Supply and demand......they have the demand....I supply the time!

When your wife starts to complain about your undies getting dirtier with as you get older do you start to charge customers more
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Snowman, the price is whatever someone is willing to pay. They could always say no!
I never apologize for charging what I do. I was completely up front with this guy........if he would have cleaned up the webs he'd have saved himself $100.......he must have had the money......or maybe he's deathly afraid of spiders and their webs........I'm not.

Hey Waldo........did you hear that the Tigers swept the series? That's gotta hurt for those Yankees fans.........now we get to watch the Louisiana Cardinals take on the Tigers!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
When your wife starts to complain about your undies getting dirtier with as you get older do you start to charge customers more
David22......it sounds like you oppose my bidding practices? I suppose if what you say comes to pass.......then my wife can feel free to raise her prices??? And continuing with that thought............if she raises her prices......then I'll have to pass on the rising cost of doing business to the customers...
Last edited by snowman; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Oh no I like your ideas

I am learning

What a great idea charging more if I get dirtier. Very interesting idea and theory. I learn lots from you snowman

Quote:
David22......it sounds like you oppose my bidding practices? I suppose if what you say comes to pass.......then my wife can feel free to raise her prices??? And continuing with that thought............if she raises her prices......then I'll have to pass on the rising cost of doing business to the customers...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
David22......my business acumen has nearly led me down the path to ruination on more than one occasion. You'd have better luck looking for the pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow. I'll work till I die.......I guess that's not such a bad thing.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Work till ya die is a good thing

Imagine not likening your job and income

Or imagine likening your job and income and then not working.

It would be like saying , I take away all your rc stuff now and you have to find new hobby

Seen guys die right after they retire

Seen guys live forever working not needing a cent but rather enjoy working as a hobby

Twist 40 v1 with 46 ax is still my favorite plane

Got to keep on topic

Quote:
David22......my business acumen has nearly led me down the path to ruination on more than one occasion. You'd have better luck looking for the pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow. I'll work till I die.......I guess that's not such a bad thing.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Congrats Snowman on whoopin our Yankee butts lol ok onto building season

Wayne nice candy Corn maybe you should do a Corn Toastie next
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,438 Posts
Waldo.......you're done flying for the year????
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,454 Posts
My Fire Flea and the Proper Launch for a Fire Fly

Adreher Alternative FireFly Launching (2 min 32 sec)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
I'm on the road today and tomorrow looking under rocks for accounting jobs. Met with a firm today. They were super nice. They bought our lunch and spent two hours with us. I have just been super impressed with the people I have met in this profession. They are so nice and make you feel good and comfortable. I just need one to give me a job now haha.

Just as the sun was sinking to the horizon I showed up at an rc club about a mile away from my brother's house. They were putting on a show for boy scouts. I tossed my edge up and joined the show for two flights. Nice people and they loved a taste of low and slow 3d huckin . The kids were all yelling haha. I think I'm going to try and go out there again in the morning before my 10:30 appointment.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,454 Posts
Those new servos I mentioned a while back are out. Arron had a set to test in his 104 and I was amazed, they made no noise at all, even under a load. For a digital servo, that was really different

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr=209
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:03 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Wookie, did you fly that Beast in there?!!! Cool!!
I sure did. The fact that the manager allowed it was an opportunity not to be missed. This client has a heck of an operation. To allow some dork like me to fly a plane in there was well above par. We got a good laugh out of it It was waay too tight for the Beast 3D. The regular beast would have owned it. If you are ever in KC they are worth a visit. Especially since we know they let a little micro own the court for a couple minutes.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster