SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:19 AM
Joined Nov 2005
198 Posts
Discussion
St Louis Admirals Regatta

The regatta dates shown in our March newsletter for the St. Louis event have been changed. The regatta will be held on September 8 & 9, 2007.
Cold Duck is offline Find More Posts by Cold Duck
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:19 PM
jda
Fossil builder
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2006
436 Posts
St. Louis Admirals Regatta

Cold Duck, I'm glad to see you are keeping the newsletter editor straight. The CMBC has sent a couple of guys to MO every September for several years. I would hate to see them arriving a week late. Am remarking my calendar to show St. Louis as the 8th and 9th of September. You have any plans to go??
jda is offline Find More Posts by jda
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:44 AM
Joined Nov 2005
198 Posts
Travel Plans

Yes, I hope to be able to attend this one. I've never been there, but have heard and read good things about it. The pictures that I've seen in various locations indicate that the competition is strong.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
Joined Nov 2005
198 Posts
Reason For Change

Not an editorial error in the newsletter, but a change of plans.

The following quote is from greenboat on the SLA regatta thread that I started in the scale boats forum. It explains that the reason for the date change was the Governor pulling rank on the Admirals What was he thinking!?!

"The dates were switched at the request of the state govenor. There is going to be some kind of bicycle event and he is going to be there. You would think that with all the press there that us model boaters could get some much deserved media coverage, BUT NO, the govenor wants it ALL for himself.

Traditionally we have the Regatta on the second weekend in September but someone had overlooked the schedule and originally planned it on the third weekend. So now we are back to where we should be."
Old Mar 13, 2007, 06:13 PM
SLK
USA, IL, Morton
Joined Feb 2007
339 Posts
St. Louis Admirals Regatta

Cold Duck
My e-mail is Rott@mtco.com, I am a CMBC member, St. Louis Admiral Member and area Rep for the SSMA, My name is Stu Kerrn. Contact me for St.Louis Admirals Regatta information.

QUOTE=Cold Duck]Not an editorial error in the newsletter, but a change of plans.

The following quote is from greenboat on the SLA regatta thread that I started in the scale boats forum. It explains that the reason for the date change was the Governor pulling rank on the Admirals What was he thinking!?!

"The dates were switched at the request of the state govenor. There is going to be some kind of bicycle event and he is going to be there. You would think that with all the press there that us model boaters could get some much deserved media coverage, BUT NO, the govenor wants it ALL for himself.

Traditionally we have the Regatta on the second weekend in September but someone had overlooked the schedule and originally planned it on the third weekend. So now we are back to where we should be."[/QUOTE]
Stu Kerrn is offline Find More Posts by Stu Kerrn
Last edited by Stu Kerrn; Mar 14, 2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:38 PM
Joined Jan 2007
33 Posts
Where are all our members? Don't any of you guys ever read this?
sonny123 is offline Find More Posts by sonny123
Old Mar 28, 2007, 04:17 PM
jda
Fossil builder
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2006
436 Posts
Some of us are busy building boats and sharpening props! And not smart enuf' to be able to post pictures.....
jda is offline Find More Posts by jda