SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
28 Posts
Discussion
ROV Thrusters, material tips?

Hello.

I've been for a long time wanting to build and ROV. Started out buying 10 1100GPH Bilge Pump which i lost my thrust in.. ("haha") .. Now i want to build magnetic couplers instead since the goal i want is 50 meters of depth.

I've seen around the net and Magnetic Couplers are the way to go. Now i just wonder, what kinda materials can i use to build my design without affecting the magnetic coupling?

My idea: http://www.tjweb.no/rov-thrusters-magnetic-couplers/

Toffe87 is offline Find More Posts by Toffe87
Last edited by Toffe87; Jun 23, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2013, 04:09 PM
Metallica
Londonderry UK
Joined Nov 2004
418 Posts
Hi,
Well I would suggest stainless steel for the disk and use plastics for the housing and would recommend filling the motor housing with oil so the disk will no deform as the external pressure from depth is increased.
robe_uk is online now Find More Posts by robe_uk