HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, FL, Lake Mary
Joined Aug 2013
285 Posts
double post
StarLog is offline Find More Posts by StarLog
Last edited by StarLog; Oct 28, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2013, 04:17 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
6,023 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know the name of the RF chip used for modulation ? Unfortunatly, this chip is hidden behind this caoutchouch layer. Maybe, if we know it, the S33 could be binded with devoTX and deviationx ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Feb 08, 2014, 06:20 AM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
6,023 Posts
Hi,

I plugged my logic analyser in order to capture SPI log. Hope some deviationtx guru (such as hexfet), will be able to hack this protocol I guess the same for some coaxial SYMA heli
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:16 PM
United States, FL, Summerfield
Joined May 2014
41 Posts
7.4V/2800 mAH Li-po Battery. Almost double the flight time as OE battery. Almost the same gram weight as OE battery. Fits battery tray perfect.

http://www.banggood.com/7_4V2800-mAH...-p-942589.html
Ondahelipad is offline Find More Posts by Ondahelipad
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined May 2014
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLog View Post
have a S033g 27mhz ordered a 2.4ghz tx/rx, installed according to the thread.
the lights fire up, but no throttle.

how do i bind the 2.4ghz rx to tx.?
Do you get the red light on the PCB?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 09:26 PM
Joined May 2014
41 Posts
S-033 Rebuild

After I had one S33 burn up with a lipo fire, then a really crunch crash on a S-033G, followed by detailed reading of posts here, I decided to attempt a rebuild of my salvaged S-033G. I ordered the S0-33G PCB (27mhz). The many posts here helped me get the right plugs in the SO-33G sockets. The red socket on the PCB turned out to be for the power plug of a "y" configured double wire connection for the right LED strip and the canopy light. This rebuild also included the 7.4V 2800 mah lipo battery. The CG was perfect with the new battery. Once all the connections were correctly fitted, I powered up. Success!. All lights and motor power normal. With the assembly complete, I did a ground idle run, then a increased power run to check left and right skid turns..then a forward skid taxi. Final maneuver was a low hover (1 foot) with steering turns. Success!. Tomorrow, I'll do a full flight. I hope the pics assist others with the rework of a S-033 PCB.
Old Dec 05, 2014, 06:15 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2014
30 Posts
Board swapping and motor burning..... All probably related to the diodes on top of motors. Just remove those diodes.... The rx boards have them already and the motor diodes are redundant. (the larger of the little black square things on the PC board that is on top of motors. If you think you shorted a motor, try it again after removing diode, it will probably work again.
bvrrocks5150 is offline Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
Old Dec 07, 2014, 04:19 PM
Joined May 2014
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrrocks5150 View Post
Board swapping and motor burning..... All probably related to the diodes on top of motors. Just remove those diodes.... The rx boards have them already and the motor diodes are redundant. (the larger of the little black square things on the PC board that is on top of motors. If you think you shorted a motor, try it again after removing diode, it will probably work again.
What are the diodes function?
Old Dec 09, 2014, 07:43 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,015 Posts
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondahelipad View Post
What are the diodes function?
A diode is a two terminal electronic component that lets current flow in one direction and not in the other.

The diode which has two leads, one which permits the available current (in this case the current to turn the motor in the proper rotation) to flow from one lead, while the other lead permits no current ideally, or very little current to flow. Being that the coaxial heli's has two motors, one for each rotor, the diodes ensure that they turn in the proper direction.

That's why you must make sure that the proper lead, is hooked up to the desired direction of current flow, hook up the leads backwards and you've likely burned up the diode.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:46 AM
Joined May 2014
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
A diode is a two terminal electronic component that lets current flow in one direction and not in the other.

The diode which has two leads, one which permits the available current (in this case the current to turn the motor in the proper rotation) to flow from one lead, while the other lead permits no current ideally, or very little current to flow. Being that the coaxial heli's has two motors, one for each rotor, the diodes ensure that they turn in the proper direction.

That's why you must make sure that the proper lead, is hooked up to the desired direction of current flow, hook up the leads backwards and you've likely burned up the diode.

J
Thanks