HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Discussion
Great...now I'm REALLY screwed

I just upgraded from a CX2 to the 120sr after becoming bored. Wow. Soooo much more fun. I do feel that the CX2 was an important stepping stone though. It definitely gave me the basics. The 120sr is waaay more responsive yet easy to hover. I can't wait to master this little thing and then step up to a CCPM!!! My credit cards are gonna get some action in the coming year or so. I am officially addicted!!!
AR15Keith is offline Find More Posts by AR15Keith
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
Hello
Welcome to the club! If you are using the Transmitter from the CX2 to fly your 120SR just remember that LP in LP5DSM means low power!
LP5DSM is an indoor transmitter!

You can use it to fly your 120SR outside just keep it within 40 or 50' or you be watching your 120SR go by by!
I learned a lot from this little video! Hope it helps you!
A Real Basic Way To Learn To Fly Your Blade MSR (6 min 19 sec)

When you are ready for a collective pitch helicopter, please take a look at this one!
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....te#post4233010
Ron

When you can afford a simulator, that would be a very good next step!
Imzzaudae is offline Find More Posts by Imzzaudae
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
I don't plan on letting her fly far...but is the lp5dsm not a better choice than the lp4dsm that came with the bird? I dont want to get used to a game controller thats why I'm using it.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
Hi

I liked the LP5DSM much better than the game controller, It's much better to fly with all the way around!

Just remember not to get too far away when you hit the school yard!
LP5DSM is a short range transmitter meant for indoor flying!

If you can get your hands on a DX4e or a DX5e you will be able to fly much farther away from yourself!
Just making sure you knew about the LP5DSM.
Imzzaudae is offline Find More Posts by Imzzaudae
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:08 AM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
I would be on the lookout for a DX6i. That TX will fly the 120sr very well and you can tranition into a Sim and a CP helicopter with it.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,512 Posts
getting a good TX and a sim imo is your best next step and will save you money in the long run

DX6i at a minimum rule of thumb is get as much TX as you can afford to so your not buying twice or 3 times if you can spring for a DX8 or 9503 DO IT
and pick of a copy of Phoenix, Realfight or Aerofly
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
Elios, will a DX6i work on the RF and aerofly sims? I know it will with Phoenix. I also like Phoenix as that sim is what Captjac uses in his sim school, which I HIGHLY reccomend for people just starting down this slippery slope called RC Helicopters.

AR15Keith, what is your choice in rifles, I like Rock River. My fav is my mid length in 6.8spc.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post
Elios, will a DX6i work on the RF and aerofly sims? I know it will with Phoenix. I also like Phoenix as that sim is what Captjac uses in his sim school, which I HIGHLY reccomend for people just starting down this slippery slope called RC Helicopters.

AR15Keith, what is your choice in rifles, I like Rock River. My fav is my mid length in 6.8spc.

RWW
Doesn't matter because RealFlight comes with a controller that is pretty high quality, and you can adjust it to feel like your radio. If you really need to - that is, if you think the slight difference in feel will mess you up - you can plug a Spek radio into the back of the RealFlight mock radio, and do it that way.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,512 Posts
Aerofly offers a cable like the one for Phoenix if you pick that
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post

RWW

This is my most recent build. I build them myself. It's a Rock River upper and lower. Daniel Defense gov't profile barrel. Daniel Defense Lite rail. Adams Arms piston conversion. BCM bolt. POF roller cam pin. Rock River 2 stage trigger. Magpul stock. Miculek muzzle brake. Samson flip up front sight and Yankee Hill flip up rear sight that I can co-witness with. Hogue grip. EoTech EXPS3-4 holographic sight. EoTech flip to side magnifier. Magpul B.A.D lever. Grip-pod vertical grip. Surefire Scout m-600c light. I think thats about it.