SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:37 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
More of the left turn boats but this time in 10th Scale Modern.

10th Scale Modern (3 min 18 sec)
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12 o'clock high 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:48 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
Finishing out the day... The closest thing we had to a race all day. Brian and Larry in a round of limited spec hydro.

LSH (1 min 56 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:38 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,335 Posts
Nothing like scale shovels on glass! NIce vids Bill.
scorpion1 is online now Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:48 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,293 Posts
Always great to watch, Bill.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:51 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
Thanks Scorp and Paul
We've had a lot of really crappy weather weekends this fall. (always turns nice once the weekend is over)
This Sunday is the 1st one we've had in a while where winds weren't over 15 mph or raining. And I didn't even have a boat with me, so shot lots of video instead.

That's what happens when you have two wrecks on two consecutive Saturdays and you're stuck with driving a rental while the van is in the body shop. On the good side neither was my fault and the offending driver's insurance companies are eating the bill.
1st one happened on Saturday after Thanksgiving when a Mercedes SUV slammed into my 2005 Caravan on the passenger side and tipped me up on two wheels into Dodge pickup on my drivers side. Took out the right front fender, and front passenger door. On the other side it got the top of the driver's door and took out the glass in the sliding side door. Left it "somewhat" drive-able but it then had a grinding noise at low speeds and the airbag light was on.
After the insurance company dragged it's feet for a few days finally got the word from them that they were going to total it so went Friday (Dec. 5) and bought myself a 2007 Grand Caravan. (paid for it out of my personal funds and will put most if it back in the bank when I get the check from the insurance company). I had the day off so took it home and installed all my racks for boat/plane hauling and loaded it up with planes for the Warbird event on Sat.
2nd one happened on my way back home from the fly-in. Someone lost a Christmas tree in the center lane of University Parkway. The car in front of me slammed on it's brakes to keep from running over the tree, I slammed on my brakes to keep from running over the car in front of me. I got stopped about 2 inches from it's back bumper (at least until the girl behind me didn't get stopped and rear ended me) Kind of crumpled up the rear lift hatch on mine and ripped the bumper in a couple of places and pushed me into the car in front of me. No serious damage there, just some light scuffing of paint on my front bumper and on the rear bumper of the Sonata. It's still a $2800.00 repair according to the insurance though. Glad I'm not having to pay it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:53 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,293 Posts
Man!! That is some wicked bad luck.
I trust there was no damage to the flying machines you had on board.
Everything will sort itself out, I'm sure. But it must be a hell of a pain. Especially just before Christmas.
All the best.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:37 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,335 Posts
Whoa! Bad luck there for sure......................they probably gave you a 2 door Cricket or something similar for a rental....................

When the wind is low I actually like running boats in the cooler weather, I like how it keeps the electronics in a comfortable temp zone. My stuff usually comes in around 85-90* at most then.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:13 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
Actually, they put me in a 2014 Town & Country van scorp, but with all the seats in it it's pretty much useless for hauling. I didn't want to take a chance on getting shaft grease in the carpets either as it's a nice ride.

Luckily the 3 planes on board escaped damage Paul. That would have REALLY hurt my feelings if they had gotten busted up. There was more $$ riding inside than what the damages on the outside came to.

I'm expecting to hear that my own van is ready to pick up tomorrow or Thursday. (was told Wednesday when I dropped it off). This one is being handled by Geico and I have to day they treated me 1st rate over the incident. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on E-surance to send me a check for the 1st wreck which was a week earlier. (I'm not impressed)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:16 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
This one is being handled by Geico and I have to day they treated me 1st rate over the incident.
Well good that they handled you well...................and didnt put you in a MISS Geico!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:55 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
.......and didnt put you in a miss geico! :d
lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:28 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,507 Posts
12/18/14

I know, this has nothing to do with boating (or even RC) but I had some of best fun I've had in years last night and wanted to share it. (No I wasn't out making adult films)

I think this was the most fun we've ever had at a company Christmas party. Pro Marine took all it's employees (that signed up) to Andersen Race Park in Palmetto and we had the place to ourselves from 6:00 PM 'til a little after 10:00 PM. (Needless to say I didn't get around to processing and uploading the same night of the event.)
Sadly there's no video of the actual 40 lap team relay race since I was driving in it but did shoot some of the 2nd practice session. (I was driving in the 1st practice session as well). Even though team WOT (the one I was part of) finished 8th overall I had a lot of fun and so did everyone else that took part in the race.
Thank you Jim, Todd and Diane for making this great night of fun happen. (even if my old body is a bit sore and tired the day after)

Team Pro Marine Christmas Party @ Andersen Race Park (9 min 57 sec)
RCG Plus Member