HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2014, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
I tried a flight in the real world rather than my garden. The wind was 20kph and gusting to 25kph and had real problems with the gimbal. hovering seams OK, but as I set off upwind it blew the camera backwards. I corrected this and then turned downwind and the gimbal blew forwards so I just got sky in the video. Looks like not enough power to counteract the forces? The gimbal is well balanced and tilt total gain is at 70. Higher tilt gains gives me a chattering servo.

ecilop zyx gimbal in wind (0 min 31 sec)
TAP993 is online now Find More Posts by TAP993
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2014, 06:24 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
I tried a flight in the real world rather than my garden. The wind was 20kph and gusting to 25kph and had real problems with the gimbal. hovering seams OK, but as I set off upwind it blew the camera backwards. I corrected this and then turned downwind and the gimbal blew forwards so I just got sky in the video. Looks like not enough power to counteract the forces? The gimbal is well balanced and tilt total gain is at 70. Higher tilt gains gives me a chattering servo.
It was a single test? ZYX-GS may switch off if tilt limit was achieved. It is possible to use 1N/mm spring, but 0.4N/mm will provide a more accurate operation in most cases.

Test with an airflow ( 2:50 ):
ee demo (5 min 26 sec)

Some time ago we found one reason of a wrong servo operation: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3058

If you are using a 760mksek servo you must use a proper servo tester mode to find a neutral position of the pot.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 07, 2014, 05:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
It was a single test? ZYX-GS may switch off if tilt limit was achieved. It is possible to use 1N/mm spring, but 0.4N/mm will provide a more accurate operation in most cases.

If you are using a 760mksek servo you must use a proper servo tester mode to find a neutral position of the pot.
I flew 6 flights, mostly around 7 minutes due to altitude, wind and temperature. I did get the gimbal locked out one one flight so increased travel setting from -60 to -74, but get a bounce from the gimbal knocking on the pot with this. I'll order a better servo tester and start again. My force servos are very new, so after the problem described in that post presumably
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
I got a 760ys servo tester just like the one in your video and recalibrated. This is definitely an improvement and allows me a higher total gain on the tilt servo. A quick test in the garden looks good, but I'll test properly later.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:02 PM
Joined Dec 2010
789 Posts
If anybody is interested in a new ecilop airframe pm me. I bought mine and never got around to putting it in the air. Very flexible on price

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Jun 22, 2014, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961 View Post
If anybody is interested in a new ecilop airframe pm me. I bought mine and never got around to putting it in the air. Very flexible on price

KFM
From which country, for shipping?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Easy ECILOP build question - what bolts to connect the engine stands?

I started building my ECILOP Easy today, I've hit a dead end and I have a question.

Can someone describe the bolts that attach the engine stands to the main frame? I have already used all of the "chassis fixers" and "axial fixers" packages. I don't see any bolts/nuts that would be an obvious choice.

I think I'll be heading to the hardware store to try and find some bolts that will work, but before I do that I wanted to ask and see if I could get a description of the bolts/nuts that I need.

Thanks

Never mind. After looking at the kit for an hour or so, I decided to use some bolts/nuts from the engine bolt bag. If these aren't the correct ones, I'll just go buy some more. Onward...
jmooreou is offline Find More Posts by jmooreou
Last edited by jmooreou; Jun 27, 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:23 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooreou View Post

Can someone describe the bolts that attach the engine stands to the main frame?
M3x16 ... M3x20mm
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 05, 2014, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2010
789 Posts
I'm in the US. Will post details about the ecilop I have for sale soon.

KFM
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old Jul 19, 2014, 02:57 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
More build questions

ymmv
jmooreou is offline Find More Posts by jmooreou
Last edited by jmooreou; Jul 20, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:17 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooreou View Post
I need DETAILED instructions/photos to enable me to get these installed. The servos that were sent are not the same as depicted in the photos in the EE 1209 assembly instructions.
MANUAL

Installation of a Force Servo on the Ecilop Easy gimbal (2 min 25 sec)
Site Sponsor