HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2015, 03:57 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,954 Posts
Another Nutball

Here's my 13" Nutball made from 3mm depron and Sukhoi guts, plus 5.5 x 3 CF prop, Auw with 120mah battery 29gr. Wing loading about 1 oz/sq ft which seems to be what you need for small spaces. No need for stiffening , maybe 2mm would do. Flies very nicely , can loop, immelman and harrier in our rather small hall (low ceiling less than 1/2 a court). I've also flown it in our 14' sq conservatory but that was a bit tight as well as outside in a bit of wind, bounced a bit but doable.
The Nutball has its own thread in the foamys scratchbuilt forum. Great design, this is my second version , Thanks Goldguy!

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:34 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,109 Posts
Yes the Nut Ball is a sweet flyer, mine is 14", and has skis, so it is a Snow Ball, which also has a thread here somewhere.
A kit for the Nut Ball made of MPF (less brittle than Depron) is available too, and I have one of those..
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
450 Posts
Using the 5th channel on the AR6400

At last I've been able to use the 5th channel on the AR6400. The split flaps on the trailing edge of the Hurri were a bit of a challenge, but using laser routing its possible to etch away half the depron then the stickers, 1mm Depron for the flaps themselves and a simple torsion wire system does the rest.

In flight they work well, giving more lift & drag but need to add in some elevator mix. When they're deployed the Hurri does want to climb a bit!

All the other Microaces kits use the AR6400/6400L/6410 & 6410L as a 4 channel receiver so it was nice to finally use more of the receiver's features.

Jon

Microaces Hawker Hurricane Prototype Flaps in Operation (1 min 30 sec)
MICROACES is offline Find More Posts by MICROACES
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:20 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,082 Posts
Microaces Hawker Hurricane

That's a beautiful plane! Is there anywhere to purchase them on this side of the pond?

~ Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:31 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaught View Post
That's a beautiful plane! Is there anywhere to purchase them on this side of the pond?
No need - Jon's service is exceptional, and his posts from England took only one and a half to two weeks to get to me in Florida.

First class all around!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jan 29, 2015, 01:32 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
No need - Jon's service is exceptional, and his posts from England took only one and a half to two weeks to get to me in Florida.

First class all around!

Gene K
Sweet! Thanks Gene!

~ Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Jan 29, 2015, 01:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaught View Post
Thanks Dave, as speedy01 says, we can send directly from the UK and it's not stupid expensive either. There's more detail on the Microaces website.

The Hurricane is the latest Microaces kit and it's due to be released mid March. All the specs and kit content can be found on the product page.

Jon
MICROACES is offline Find More Posts by MICROACES