SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit
+1 !! I would love to be able to program my radio using a palm..
which palm version would you need.. how does it link to the radio?
how do you install the software on those things.. never even seen one of those in person..

Please share ReSt !! thanks!~
I can only speak for myself as I dont have experience with other PDAs.

I use the PalmV with PalmOs 3.3.
This Palm has a 68k type of CPU
I use the serial Com Port of this PDA
The serial port must be able do run on 115200 Baud

I believe that this are the main requirements

I know, that newer PDAs dont have COM ports or use different types of CPUs.
For these PDAs, the program won't work.

I have translated my description to English and have added a little bit of Information about how to ...(install, interface, ..)

Btw i have 'modified' the original T6config.exe in so far that I corrected the misspelled words like 'Cansel' or 'Revserve' and the famous 'Model1' to 'Model4'
that i changed to 'Mode 1' to 'Mode 4'.
Just a little bit cosmetics by changing the strings within the file.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSt
I can only speak for myself as I dont have experience with other PDAs.

I use the PalmV with PalmOs 3.3.
This Palm has a 68k type of CPU
I use the serial Com Port of this PDA
The serial port must be able do run on 115200 Baud

I believe that this are the main requirements

I know, that newer PDAs dont have COM ports or use different types of CPUs.
For these PDAs, the program won't work.

I have translated my description to English and have added a little bit of Information about how to ...(install, interface, ..)

Btw i have 'modified' the original T6config.exe in so far that I corrected the misspelled words like 'Cansel' or 'Revserve' and the famous 'Model1' to 'Model4'
that i changed to 'Mode 1' to 'Mode 4'.
Just a little bit cosmetics by changing the strings within the file.

Reinhard
Are you using the serial cradle or a separate serial cable?
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:45 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
Quote:
yup .. but it depends how long you left it plugged in . a split second.. couple of seconds or minutes can make a difference between nothing and smoking things.. I made that mistake early on but I didn't ruin anything .. radio and receiver still work fine..
really? i didn't think you could fry a rx like that.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:25 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I saw mine smoke but like I said it still works.. the last RX I ever used before the 2.4 was a 27 mHz and its connectors had keyways.
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
I picked up a second TurboRix 2.4g tx, in the hopes that my son and I could fly together glitch-free. When we got to the field, we tried binding one a/c to one TurboRix tx, and one to another. Every time we went through that process, each tx would control both rx's. What is the binding sequence needed when two controllers are to control two separate a/c?

In each case I made sure to have the other tx off prior to binding. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking the other tx should have been left on, so its freq/channel would be seen by the other as being in use, and automatically switch to another. If someone could clarify the process here, that would be great.

Edit: OK, a quick re-test confirmed the revelation during typing a few minutes ago. If the other paired tx/rx is left powered on when the second tx/rx is paired, it is separate from the first. So, follow-up question. Say someone shows up at the field to fly with this rig, and has his tx/rx paired back home on his own. When he arrives at the field, he'll likely be on the same freq/channel as someone there that's already flying. Should he then re-bind just prior to flying to ensure an unused channel is selected?
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Last edited by renns; Jul 10, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 01:48 AM
Joined Jun 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
yup .. but it depends how long you left it plugged in . a split second.. couple of seconds or minutes can make a difference between nothing and smoking things.. I made that mistake early on but I didn't ruin anything .. radio and receiver still work fine..
I guess that the wires from besc are the most important. (As ruining your receiver.) And the big queston now shall I plug black or white wire towards the receiver? (Turnigy plush 40A.)
lamppis is offline Find More Posts by lamppis
Old Jul 11, 2009, 02:41 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial
Are you using the serial cradle or a separate serial cable?
I'm using the cradle and connect my (selfmade) adaptercable (with st232) at the subd plug of the cradle-cable
So the cradle is still working as usual.

Reinhard.
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:51 AM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renns
I picked up a second TurboRix 2.4g tx, in the hopes that my son and I could fly together glitch-free. When we got to the field, we tried binding one a/c to one TurboRix tx, and one to another. Every time we went through that process, each tx would control both rx's. What is the binding sequence needed when two controllers are to control two separate a/c?

In each case I made sure to have the other tx off prior to binding. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking the other tx should have been left on, so its freq/channel would be seen by the other as being in use, and automatically switch to another. If someone could clarify the process here, that would be great.

Edit: OK, a quick re-test confirmed the revelation during typing a few minutes ago. If the other paired tx/rx is left powered on when the second tx/rx is paired, it is separate from the first. So, follow-up question. Say someone shows up at the field to fly with this rig, and has his tx/rx paired back home on his own. When he arrives at the field, he'll likely be on the same freq/channel as someone there that's already flying. Should he then re-bind just prior to flying to ensure an unused channel is selected?
IMO there should not be any interaction between 2.4 systems no matter what is going on around you. Each 2.4 TX has it's own unique digital code footprint that ony the RX it has been bound to should react to. Sounds a bit scary what you have experienced. Maybe there is an explanation that one of the electronic gurus that post here can come up with.
My own experience with these RXs after two unexplained writeoffs (continued to fly after much glitching) is I have gone back entirely to the Futaba frequency hopping system. Now many have reported wonderful results with these systems. I gave mine a good shot by relocating the RXs and antennae every which way for optimum reception to no avail. I had four RXs all the same results so maybe it was my TX?
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Jul 11, 2009, 06:38 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydawn
IMO there should not be any interaction between 2.4 systems no matter what is going on around you. Each 2.4 TX has it's own unique digital code footprint that ony the RX it has been bound to should react to. Sounds a bit scary what you have experienced. Maybe there is an explanation that one of the electronic gurus that post here can come up with.
My own experience with these RXs after two unexplained writeoffs (continued to fly after much glitching) is I have gone back entirely to the Futaba frequency hopping system. Now many have reported wonderful results with these systems. I gave mine a good shot by relocating the RXs and antennae every which way for optimum reception to no avail. I had four RXs all the same results so maybe it was my TX?
What you say is true unless there is a problem with the transmitter code as in what happened to Futaba in the near past. Some of the Futaba transmitters code was reset to zero and you didn't know you had a problem untill another flyer showed up with a transmitter with the same problem. Then either transmitter would work the same receiver.

If available, I would try another transmitter and see if it has the same problem. Even though each transmitter is supposed to have a different code, manufacturing problems do happen.

I have 8 or 10 of the receivers and two of them glitched bad. The others are rock solid. Technically, a SS receiver should not glitch. If it fails to receive data or receives it wrong, it is supposed to hold servo position. Mine glitched, so there goes that theory.
Iflyj3 is offline Find More Posts by Iflyj3
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:17 AM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
"Some of the Futaba transmitters code was reset to zero and you didn't know you had a problem untill another flyer showed up with a transmitter with the same problem. Then either transmitter would work the same receiver."

I know all about that one! My 6EX cost me a YAK54 and had to be replaced. Seems the 6EX, 7C and plugins made in China at the time missed inspection and testing and went out without inspection stickers. One of the premier if not the biggest online hobby supplier here in Canada (two outlets one East and one West) sold it to me and this was a long time after this problem was identified so I'm sure they knew about it. They wouldn't even answer my emails asking for direction. Others were sending their customers replacements. Maybe bad luck but they also sold me a Hitec Optic 6 which had the elevator digital trim reversed from the stick movement. Trimming was a problem and almost cost me another plane until I figured out the fault. Hitec replaced the TX. Needless to say I am not a customer of the afore mentioned hobby supplier anymore!
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:21 AM
Joined Jun 2009
16 Posts
Using t6config is also mystery to me. In acro mode I see all of the channels working. When I switch to heli 90 only response is from channel 1 which is controlled by upper right potentiometer. I tried to adjust throttle curves etc...
lamppis is offline Find More Posts by lamppis
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:31 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,894 Posts
I just checked my two Turborix TX's and they do not interfere with each other. Each TC can only control the receivers it was bound to. Each has more than one receiver bound to it as well. But neither TX can control the other TX's receivers.

But that still doesn't preclude the possibility that the factory screwed up and didn't set the TX internal serial number code or not on those particilar TX's.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:33 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamppis
Using t6config is also mystery to me. In acro mode I see all of the channels working. When I switch to heli 90 only response is from channel 1 which is controlled by upper right potentiometer. I tried to adjust throttle curves etc...
turn up the AFR

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:35 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,680 Posts
With my two transmitters, one 4-channel and one 6-channel, I have the same experience as earlwb, i.e. no problem at all. (receivers bound to each transmitter while the other transmitter is off)
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:36 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,894 Posts
The serial number codes do bring up some questions.
Do the manufacturers use a large number code? Do they all use a separate block of numbers so that they don't have the possibility of duplicating the code on TX's from different manufacturers?
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter