SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2002, 07:02 AM
Joined Dec 2002
1 Posts
new to flying

hi im new to rc electric. i have some limited experance with gas planes (6 mon) i just bought a aero-bird and love the idea of a park flyer around the house(5 acers with 68 empty acers acrost the street) i would love to get in to electric but i need some one to teach me. i was wondering if this fourm had any members in the sacramento area that would be willing to teach me? thanks for your time

nick
Walzy is offline Find More Posts by Walzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2002, 08:17 PM
Flying the Unusual
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Joined Nov 2002
323 Posts
Walzy,

Read the posts here (in all the forums - not just jets), ask questions that you can't find answers for, trust most of these guys - as they know what their talking about (most of the time), and you will be well into your way on Electric flight (BTW - the best way to fly - no noise, no mess, no extra wet version preflight) It's the best way to fly! (In My Humble Opinion )

When your ready for jets (you may be now - however, It usually takes a good bit of airtime with several sport models to be ready for most EDF jets), You can do no wrong with the guys here in this forum.

I like to try to fly models a little outside my experience sometimes (like jets)- sometimes with crashing as a result. Don't get discouraged - just back down a notch and get a slightly slower model - you'll do better for it (I'll never learn though )

I'm currently working on plans for a TRUE beginners EDF model jet (but more like a trainer plane) that I hope one day soon I'll be able to release (after some testing with a few non-fliers of course) - just keep your eyelids peeled!

Good luck with your new hobby!
kennypinkerton is offline Find More Posts by kennypinkerton
Old Dec 29, 2002, 09:06 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Hey, Kenney, I'd be really interested in a beginners EDF, if you can come up with one. I have the Hobbico A 6 Intruder FF model, and someday would like to see THAT little pup as a real RC EDF. In the stock form, the fan system is too weak to do much.Glen P.
Glennie is offline Find More Posts by Glennie
Old Dec 29, 2002, 09:26 PM
Flying the Unusual
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Joined Nov 2002
323 Posts
I'm still working on an alfa model of the beginner's EDF trainer. It won't be much jet other than EDF powerplant. I'm talking straight, high-wing with dihedral, inherently stable, and not too fast.

I'm trying to put it together now, (still some bugs to work out) trying out different low-end power plants (gws EDF-50/75) to keep the price low for newbies to R/C, much less than standard jets.

I've been flying for about 10 years now and I've loved jet models since the beginning, and have gotten into them recently, (though I had always wished there was a jet I could get started with instead of a prop plane) hence the EDF trainer plane.

I will open a new thread with it when I'm done working out the bugs - won't be too long now. Probably will be just (free) plans to start with, but I'm hoping to kit it on a limited basis (without the corporate waiting/backing stuff - I'll do the kits myself).

Won't be laser-cut, but hand-cut, therefore very limited runs - I also subscribe to the K.I.S.S. theory, so I'm trying my best to simplify the whole thing.

If anyone-else is interested, just let me know here, I'll keep a running list of those who want one.
kennypinkerton is offline Find More Posts by kennypinkerton