Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:44 PM
Bubble Head SSN 762
Austin Bergstrom, Texas, United States
Joined Apr 2004
1,347 Posts
Discussion
What if short-ckt LiPoly?

Hey gang,

What do you know, I loose my radio (well, it didn't grow legs of walk off that's for sure) about 9 months ago and I just got around to getting a new radio. About 8 months ago I sold off all of my Lipoly packs.

Today I got it a beautiful TP 3S 2000 ProLite pack and while putting on my sermos connectors (I strip one side at a time and hookup/insulate b4 doing other lead), the other unstripped side (just cut but w/o any tape on it) came in contact to the metal wire holder which was holding the other lead and puffff...short ckt...little wiff of smoke and a little heat. So, what do I do with the pack? It looks okay, just a slight melt of the heat-shrink where the wire connect to the tabs of the cells on the end of the pack.

Right now the pack is outside on the driveway.

Thanks,
Lex
LexTalionis is offline Find More Posts by LexTalionis
to remove ads between posts