SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:20 AM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
91 Posts
Discussion
Last purchase from nitro planes!!!

I purchased a Tucano from Nitro Planes and it is a total POS, it looks great but the construction is in the toilet. The stab tubes were placed at the wrong angle so they don't align with the contour of the tail section. I got in touch with customer service and the guy on the phone said he couldn't help me unless I told him who the manufacturer was????? I told him "it's the only grey tucano you sell" he said he didn't care and to find out the manufacturer and get in touch with them in China. The guy was obviously an idiot who shouldn't be in customer service.
airega1 is offline Find More Posts by airega1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
United States, NM, Holloman AFB
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
This is what happens when you buy from an unreputable dealer like this. Everyone knows it's a crap shoot ordering from them and to expect not so great quality with a lot of fixing of things involved. Just take this a learning experience and spend the extra $20 for a GP or H9 modle.
F16DCC is offline Find More Posts by F16DCC
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
United States, NY, St Lawrence
Joined Feb 2012
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airega1 View Post
I purchased a Tucano from Nitro Planes and it is a total POS, it looks great but the construction is in the toilet. The stab tubes were placed at the wrong angle so they don't align with the contour of the tail section. I got in touch with customer service and the guy on the phone said he couldn't help me unless I told him who the manufacturer was????? I told him "it's the only grey tucano you sell" he said he didn't care and to find out the manufacturer and get in touch with them in China. The guy was obviously an idiot who shouldn't be in customer service.
If you used a Visa card to make the purchase file a dispute.

They will reimburse your card & then it is up to the vendor to make good.
SrTelemaster is offline Find More Posts by SrTelemaster
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:00 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
670 Posts
Nitro Planes has a booth at the WRAMS show. If you go you can talk to them personally. You might bring the problem child with you to show them what you received.
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
I keep saying it and I keep getting slapped down by people and told to shut up but, NitroCRAPplanes is just a terrible Co. to deal with!!! When will people start listening!
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,011 Posts
I almost bought a plane from them when I got back in the hobby 3 years ago. I guess it was a good thing it was out of stock. Come to think of it everything I've looked at from them is out of stock. Some one must have been watching out for me

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, NJ, Upper Pittsgrove
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
I wont bash them , I bought one of there airplanes 4 or 5 years ago a Cessna 182 looked great, broke up in flight on the first flight. Lesson learned never again.
scaleman57 is offline Find More Posts by scaleman57
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:35 PM
farmington, mn
Joined Sep 2003
871 Posts
the customer service guy might be wrong with what he said but they do not make the planes so bashing them does nothing then make yourself feel better, bash the maker of the plane. if you want a perfect plane then there are many sites that sell there own designed planes for 3 or 4 times as much, its hard to call something crap when you paid the lowest price you could find. its like going to Walmart and complained that the $12 shoes they sell doesnt compare to the Gucci shoes they sell at Nordstroms for $900. you probably shouldn't buy from hobby king either since they sell planes from the same manufactures
jeff262 is offline Find More Posts by jeff262
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:39 AM
WCB
NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,058 Posts
A friend bought a plane from them and the rudder came off on the first flight. We never did find it.
WCB is offline Find More Posts by WCB
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:22 AM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,061 Posts
Did he get it to the ground?
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:49 AM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
91 Posts
Nitroplanes crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff262 View Post
the customer service guy might be wrong with what he said but they do not make the planes so bashing them does nothing then make yourself feel better, bash the maker of the plane. if you want a perfect plane then there are many sites that sell there own designed planes for 3 or 4 times as much, its hard to call something crap when you paid the lowest price you could find. its like going to Walmart and complained that the $12 shoes they sell doesnt compare to the Gucci shoes they sell at Nordstroms for $900. you probably shouldn't buy from hobby king either since they sell planes from the same manufactures
Bash the plane maker? try and find who they are
airega1 is offline Find More Posts by airega1
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:19 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,660 Posts
Senye International Trading Co., Ltd

http://www.tradezz.com/corp_800839_S...al-Trading.htm
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:13 PM
farmington, mn
Joined Sep 2003
871 Posts
I'm not defending nitro but every plane I have gotten from them they send a book with all the models from that manufacture since all they do is reship the package, you should have kept the paper work that came with it
jeff262 is offline Find More Posts by jeff262
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:20 PM
USA, OK, Warr Acres
Joined Feb 2004
514 Posts
Yeah, with those guys it's kind of a crapshoot on quality, but it can sometines be hard to turn down that price!
So far (knock on wood) my only problem has been parts. Near as I can tell, if you need a replacement part, the only way to get it is to buy another kit!!!
Maybe we should all start a used nitroplanes parts swap section he:re.
Jim
mosquitowings is offline Find More Posts by mosquitowings
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2007
1,312 Posts
I bought a plane from them ONCE. Nuff said.
Arceenut is online now Find More Posts by Arceenut