Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKC3 View Post
Joe that video is insane!! Great job.

Cory love the pictures.

I love these anti-events they are a lot of fun. I am thinking we need more of them.

Once a year is just not enough
well Mr club Vice President are you telling me i have permission to have more gatherings?
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:31 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
will you sign my camera?
only if you come to my next "anti event"hahahaha
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, TX, Liberty Hill
Joined Oct 2003
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
well Mr club Vice President are you telling me i have permission to have more gatherings?
Yes Sir, lets do more of these
HKC3 is offline Find More Posts by HKC3
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:20 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycannon View Post
Thank you Joe!
That video represents a great time had by everybody!

Wow!, Eddie can really put on a great (non-event); who needs a raffle, food, etc. to have a terrific time!
I really appreciate the efforts of all our out of town guest joining us for great flying and fellowship; I hope everyone made it back home safely.

Special THANKS to Zach,Zed,Stephen,KC, and Eddie for tweeking my plane.

Cheers!
Doug (former Prez ARCA)
No problem, glad I could help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
another killer "anti-event" Eddie!
great to see all the old faces again.
we got tons of great flying and bullshitting in!

awesome video jbdww! you work fast.

couple pics i took

Cory
Nice pics !!!
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:33 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
here is some interesting reading for you guys

somebody pointed this article out to me. although some time has passed since the article was written. i still found it interesting. comment as you see fit

WANTING WHAT YOU CAN'T HAVE
Rate this Entry
1 Comment
by GYRO , 01-11-2013 at 02:20 PM (162 Views)
So I've been thinking a lot about flying clubs, sponsorships, members, and expectations. Luckily, the two clubs I've been involved in raised plenty of money via their dues to handle all their associated expenses and such, but I know there are clubs out there that have a need more money. So here are my thoughts:

1st: Pay your dues! I'm not exactly sure why people occasionally grumble about their dues. After all, what do you get from you clubs? A safe place to fly, usually free of obstructions and people wandering up to you right in the middle of your rolling harriers? Usually, a paved concrete/asphalt or well manicured grass runway? Usually, some chairs, benches, or other furniture for resting on between flights? Usually, some tables, stands, frequency boards (somewhat antiquated) to facilitate your safe preparations and flights? Usually, a central place where fellow RC enthusiasts meet and hang out for hours, sometimes on a regular scheduled basis?

You see, your club gives you a lot in return for your dues… but sometimes that’s not enough. You either feel like the dues are too high, or the club, determined to keep dues low and facilitate ease of financial access to it’s membership, prices dues below their actual operational expenses. So now what? There isn’t enough money to pay the lease, upkeep the runway, refurbish the stands, etc. What’s a club to do?

Well, they might be able to host an event. Large events generate funds for the club, usually by charging either a small pilot’s fee, selling concessions, having raffles, or by having event sponsors. There, I said it… SPONSORS. These are people who give you something, sometimes tangible, sometimes not, in exchange for promotion of their business, cause, company, or whatever. They GIVE you something, to GET something in return. If it was a one-way street, it’d be a DONATION.

Why am I focusing on this aspect… well, I think it’s an area that needs some thought. When a business sponsors a club’s event, they usually outline some things they’d like to get in return for the money, products, support, or whatever it is that they give the club. This is usually decided upon, and agreed to by the appointed leadership of the club. One might reasonably expect all members of a club receiving support from a sponsor to then in turn support that sponsor. Why? Because that sponsor is HELPING YOUR CLUB! But what happens if you don’t like that sponsor, or you like someone else’s brand better? Don’t bash the sponsor! If you can’t say something nice, keep your mouth shut… they’re still helping your club. Is that CENSORING? Not in my opinion… I think it’s the club members being grateful for the sponsor’s contributions. Momma always said, if you can't say something nice....

In the end, some people want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to pay $20 a year, and fly at a club with electricity, bathrooms, a kitchen, covered eating and rest areas, paved pits, nice stands, etc. Not going to happen without a really rich benefactor supporting the club… unless you either increase the dues, or you open the door to allowing sponsors to help. Bottom line: Clubs shouldn’t host events with sponsors unless they can unite behind that sponsor and support them. At that point, it’s a simple business exchange.

Now let’s all go fly, enjoy our clubs, and support whomever keeps the grass short enough to land on.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:55 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
I would much rather discuss when is the next time ARCA is going to invite us to their field!

My opinion is a club should thank and show appreciation to their sponsors. Beyond that, it's a business deal to what the sponsor is offering up to the club and what the sponsor expects in return.

I know for my events, I will have sponsors who give me the latitude to run the event as I see fit as the CD. If they want to set limits on who or where I can advertise, or how i will run the event, then I will kindly decline their sponsorship offer. My goal for events is not financial and I have the events primarily to provide an opportunity for our large group of flying friends a chance to get together in one place and have fun. People remember the fun they had much more than the small few who win some raffle prizes.

Frank
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:53 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
279 Posts
I agree with Frank. This is just a hobby for me to take a break from my real job. Events give me an opportunity to get together with my friends and make new friends. I like to see our events grow so that we can share the fun with others from around the country.

I do volunteer my time to be President, and a CD because I love this hobby and want to give back.

All of our events, sanctioned or not, number one requirement is for us to all have fun.

See you guys at the next get together.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Oct 2003
257 Posts
Quote:
One might reasonably expect all members of a club receiving support from a sponsor to then in turn support that sponsor. Why? Because that sponsor is HELPING YOUR CLUB! But what happens if you don’t like that sponsor, or you like someone else’s brand better? Don’t bash the sponsor! If you can’t say something nice, keep your mouth shut… they’re still helping your club. Is that CENSORING? Not in my opinion… I think it’s the club members being grateful for the sponsor’s contributions. Momma always said, if you can't say something nice...."

I don't agree with this at all. If my club decides to put on an event and take on sponsors that does not mean I have to change my behavior or forfeit my freedom of speech. I should be able to continue to express my opinions and views how I see fit. I would not want to be a part of a club that forced me to shut my mouth and look the other way against my beliefs or opinions.

I do agree that on the day of the event if I am going to participate it would be polite not to use that as a venue to express my opinion. But anything outside of that is fine.

Think about it, if we are all strong armed into not stating how we feel about radio controlled products and services then the quality of the products we love would suffer.

I say if you don't like something post it let everyone know the issues you had so we all can avoid buying things that need more development time.

The free market and freedom of speech is what makes this country great.

Let your products speak for themselves and don't try and push us around!!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Oct 2003
257 Posts
Quote:
I would much rather discuss when is the next time ARCA is going to invite us to their field!
Invite you? You guys are welcome anytime. We are already working on our next get together
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:28 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
according to Humberto the next gathering is sat feb 23 to celebrate my bday
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:06 PM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
according to Humberto the next gathering is sat feb 23 to celebrate my bday
Damn !!! Won't make it..

Have to work that day...can't get off even if I wanted to...Big Anniversary Celebration that day so even the people that are supposed to be off that weekend (me) have to work...
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:16 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKC3 View Post

I don't agree with this at all. If my club decides to put on an event and take on sponsors that does not mean I have to change my behavior or forfeit my freedom of speech. I should be able to continue to express my opinions and views how I see fit. I would not want to be a part of a club that forced me to shut my mouth and look the other way against my beliefs or opinions.

I do agree that on the day of the event if I am going to participate it would be polite not to use that as a venue to express my opinion. But anything outside of that is fine.

Think about it, if we are all strong armed into not stating how we feel about radio controlled products and services then the quality of the products we love would suffer.

I say if you don't like something post it let everyone know the issues you had so we all can avoid buying things that need more development time.

The free market and freedom of speech is what makes this country great.

Let your products speak for themselves and don't try and push us around!!
after reading this article and considering the source
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:19 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFlyer2 View Post
Damn !!! Won't make it..

Have to work that day...can't get off even if I wanted to...Big Anniversary Celebration that day so even the people that are supposed to be off that weekend (me) have to work...
well dawg you know i would want you here...i'd be calling in sick like a muthahfr

you guys wanna gather for my bday? lets start checking in
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:36 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
I'll be there!
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Closed Thread