to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2014, 06:02 PM
surf monkey
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2011
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2K View Post
What device is used to reload the boot loader. I assume you can't use the ftdi cable?
Any AVR ISP programmer will work. I recommend using a USBASP.
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:43 PM
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Thanks!

Do I also need the 10 to 6 pin adapter? or will the cable that comes with the 10 pin work?
RS2K is online now Find More Posts by RS2K
Old Sep 11, 2014, 09:15 PM
Joined Apr 2007
96 Posts
Is there a problem with setting a wide frequency hopping range? Should I just select a small range in a quiet area or select random quiet channels within the whole 420 to 450 MHz range (US)?
RS2K is online now Find More Posts by RS2K
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
just another question .. if i am using the AVR ISP mkII from hking with jumper.. i cannot use its VCC line right? (or can I ?)
I'm using the avr isp mk 2 and on that one I connect all pins including the VCC, actually it sense the voltage and adapts itself (it doesnt work without the VCC pin).

Not too sure avout the HK avr isp mk 2, if there's a 3.3V jumper I would say you can connect VCC.
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap
Old Sep 14, 2014, 02:52 PM
Selkirk, Scotland, UK
Joined Nov 2005
116 Posts
If anyone is having trouble getting acceptable range using the stock antenna, ditch them and build a dipole for the TX and RX. That's what I did after getting less than 200m range from stock, today I went over 1.2km with RSSI above 80% the whole time
chench is offline Find More Posts by chench
Old Sep 14, 2014, 08:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
169 Posts
Dipole to dipole on the weekend I did 15km with 65 RSSI. Still with medium range setting and telemetry on.
Brenno is online now Find More Posts by Brenno
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:27 AM
Joined Jun 2014
4 Posts
Hi Brenno,

Which Dipoles do you use? 771 and DIY?
Kalu84 is online now Find More Posts by Kalu84
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalu84 View Post
Hi Brenno,

Which Dipoles do you use? 771 and DIY?
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dproduct=25646
And on the plane I have home made one. Name: uploadfromtaptalk1410910065081.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 77.2 KB
Description:
Brenno is online now Find More Posts by Brenno
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Joined Dec 2013
31 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been using my HK LRS setup for some time now, after a rough crash my LRS receiver SMA connection broke, I soldered on a new antenna but got bad results. So I purchased a new one and it actually loses connection after a 200ft as well so it leads me to believe my TX is broken. (1 watt unit) I have re flashed it, no luck on fixing it.

Has anyone else had issues with the TX causing this? The tx has not been in any falls or anything its plugged into my 9xr so I don't see how it got damaged.

Please help if you can!
cliffoco is offline Find More Posts by cliffoco
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
I'm in Geek Mode
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined May 2013
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffoco View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been using my HK LRS setup for some time now, after a rough crash my LRS receiver SMA connection broke, I soldered on a new antenna but got bad results. So I purchased a new one and it actually loses connection after a 200ft as well so it leads me to believe my TX is broken. (1 watt unit) I have re flashed it, no luck on fixing it.

Has anyone else had issues with the TX causing this? The tx has not been in any falls or anything its plugged into my 9xr so I don't see how it got damaged.

Please help if you can!
What kind of range did you get before your crash? Everything separated out nicely on your plane? Using good antennas?
flying_slow is offline Find More Posts by flying_slow
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM
Joined Dec 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_slow View Post
What kind of range did you get before your crash? Everything separated out nicely on your plane? Using good antennas?
It went far enough, I did a 2km FPV run with it on stock antennas, then did alot of LOS with no issues on plane and quad but now I can't even fly los (no FPV gear attached) without it cutting out.

I also now have a attached a tuned dipole (TX) and a tuned mono on rx but I tried new antennas stock antennas etc. Issue seems to be on the TX side of things.

Here is my theory,

1) Either the voltage regulator is not providing enough power to the transmitter
2) The voltage reg on the 9xr is not giving enough power to the TX.

I would buy a DTF unit from DTF as hes only a few 100 km away in a heart beat if it had a JR module.
cliffoco is offline Find More Posts by cliffoco
Old Today, 03:11 AM
Israel
Joined Mar 2012
449 Posts
After crashing at ~200m in the past with poorly made antennas, I have made two ~1.5-2km flights over the weekend with TBS whip antenna and a home made dipole.
Did not get a single lost packet beep throughout the flight.

Bixler2 5.8ghz FPV - 2km with helical antenna (7 min 30 sec)
gilcd85 is offline Find More Posts by gilcd85
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bixler FPV into the sunset
Old Today, 05:58 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Dec 2013
13 Posts
Ok, so i guess i fried my reciever, and i have no idea how... I was just doing ground tests when suddenly the throttle turned to full power, then i took out the batteries and now my reciever seems completely dead no leds blinking and it cannot flash. Any ideas?
Zafod44 is offline Find More Posts by Zafod44