Dec 07, 2012, 01:28 AM
just wanna share my video V911 with fire works ..looks like little nitro microhelicopter LOL

Satu Hari Di Hari Raya V911 (0 min 42 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2012, 03:54 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs
My fix is to splice all the way through to the unbroken side with a sewing needle, heat shrink and epoxy.
Thanks for all the tips guys. The superglue has held now for 2 flights and a couple of crashes, but when it goes again I'll definitely try the "pin" solution. Unfortunately it broke almost flush with the main frame, so heat shrink isn't an option in this case.

Happy flying
Tigg
Dec 07, 2012, 04:29 AM
This perhaps? Basically glue a CF support rod alongside the original strut then use heatshrink to make it pretty. Overkill maybe when you can buy a new heli quite cheap.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/11/bla...reinforcement/
Dec 07, 2012, 09:54 AM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzamms
just wanna share my video V911 with fire works ..looks like little nitro microhelicopter LOL

Nice! Should enter it in Banggood's video contest.
Dec 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
I was gonna say I have an Agusta fuse on my v911 and then I realized you already posted the link.

But yes, very easy and it was under $10. You just have to reverse the battery mount for COG. It's definitely my favorite v911.
hohohoho, its my weakpont... from where could I get one Augusta 109?

many thanks!

EDIT: I have found an orange one:
http://www.hobby-estore.com/Nano-esk...sky-002845.htm
Last edited by bulesz; Dec 07, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:09 PM
Sir Crashalot

white v911 at the park

I don't fly the v911 outside much, this morning had a slight breeze (I estimate 5-10 mph). So took the white clone w/ the msr paddles out for a spin.

White v911 with msr paddles at the park (9 min 35 sec)
Dec 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
Nice flying bro! How many battery changes during the course of your 9 minute plus video? I have the new version stock batteries and they start running out of steam a bit before 4:30, at which point I shut her down. One battery already croaked on me after approx 20 flights. The other 7 I have are still going strong and are now approaching 30 flights each.
Dec 07, 2012, 05:30 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Nice flying bro! How many battery changes during the course of your 9 minute plus video? I have the new version stock batteries and they start running out of steam a bit before 4:30, at which point I shut her down. One battery already croaked on me after approx 20 flights. The other 7 I have are still going strong and are now approaching 30 flights each.
Thanks for the compliment. I used up eight batteries in that session, a mixtuere of 120 and 140's. Of course not every moment ended up in the vid.
Dec 07, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz
hohohoho, its my weakpont... from where could I get one Augusta 109?

many thanks!

EDIT: I have found an orange one:
http://www.hobby-estore.com/Nano-esk...sky-002845.htm
Here's where I got mine for less than $10 shipped.

Rick
Dec 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
Thanks mate I have ordered an orange from here (for 2 dollars more...)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esky-Fuselag...item564fcc2e09

When it will be arrived I think will have some questions comrade!
Dec 07, 2012, 07:38 PM
Micro Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz
Thanks mate I have ordered an orange from here (for 2 dollars more...)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esky-Fuselag...item564fcc2e09

When it will be arrived I think will have some questions comrade!
I redid mine since the pics that were posted. I think I cut away less material the second time around. I also relocated the swash guide so it's straight back instead of being on a 45. When you're ready to do yours I can post some close ups of the cuts and the holes for the posts if you like. It's very simple if you know where to mount it. My first install was a little botched from trying to get the COG correct. I kept having to adjust the fuselage and as a result ended up cutting more then I needed.
Dec 08, 2012, 12:34 AM
Hi all. After flying fixed wing for 30 years I have been bitten by this affliction of these tiny electric blenders. I just received 2 v911's, One RTF and one BNF and have questions. They appear almost identical except the RTF uses the new style battery and the BNF has the old style. I ordered a new style gear with plug so they'll use the same batteries. The other thing I noticed was the rotor blades, The BNF blades are marked A, and the RTF are marked B. Are these the same ? Or is one new style and one old style? and how can you tell them apart? The rotor head and swash plate look the same. Also when ordering parts how can you tell if the part your ordering is new or old style?
Dec 08, 2012, 02:13 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Never quite figured out what those A and B's are on the blades. They are important for coaxial, but not here. And you want to know something funny. Mine has one A and one B as a pair! At any rate, if they look the same and weight the same, go for it. Don't worry about it.
Dec 08, 2012, 04:39 AM
Always borking my corter
The newest version (version 3) has 'A1' and 'B1' on the blades due to an updated head design, so I think yours are both version 2.
Dec 08, 2012, 06:49 AM
Gone with the Mistral
Hi happy flyers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
I don't fly the v911 outside much, this morning had a slight breeze (I estimate 5-10 mph). So took the white clone w/ the msr paddles out for a spin.
Nice flying Stonecutter, I also like to fly outside when it's windy, this mod is more and more desirable....
But today, no contest with the wind:
2012/12/08 11:30 LFML 081130Z 33029G41KT 9999 FEW023 07/M01 Q1012 NOSIG
How did you remove the paint from your (red?)/white canopy? I find it easy to remove paint from the blades but somehow difficult from the plastic of the canopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzamms
Someone had to try that !! You did it ! I want to see a rocket booster copter as version 2 please.

@+
Olivier

Quick Reply