SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
gilbert AZ
Joined Oct 2007
283 Posts
Question
Scale heli lights

I know i can buy a set but how do you go about building/wiring some scale heli lights...

With one green and red and white steady lights and a few rotating becons and a few stobs?

I can get the LEds from radio shack but dont know what else to get..

And can i control from a open channen on radio o turn on and off?

Thx
INCARUS is offline Find More Posts by INCARUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,417 Posts
Hi,

I think a little SEARCH on this forum could give interesting hits

and I know ( at least ) one beginning by " AZ" ....

Alain
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:45 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Apr 2008
1,057 Posts
I've often looked at this one since the one option that seems to be often missing from the HK sets are landing lights. I have done a few small LED's and my own experience would be to cover the solder joints at the LED base with liquid tape. Much easier than heat shrink with the added bonus it can support the pins and wiring ends against vibration and stress.

I have no easy access to an atmel programmer, nor follow the language, so this may prove interesting to see if a fabricated kit could be controlled in a more conventional manner.
Cougar429 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar429
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429 View Post
I have no easy access to an atmel programmer, nor follow the language, so this may prove interesting to see if a fabricated kit could be controlled in a more conventional manner.
Somewhat fun ...

the one I was pointing at shows landing lights feature and uses a Pic 12F675 as a processor ...

Strange, you said strange ??? ...

Alain
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics