HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2008, 10:15 PM
ReVolt- Proprietary Insanity
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Sep 2007
1,593 Posts
Discussion
100-120mm fan motor

I see that arc has some good motors for a great price. NE word that they may make a larger version for the 100mm or 120mm fans?? Are there any manufactures working on a more cost effective motor to go up against neu. I love NEU and if priorities are right they are bought, but my EDF funds are also my heli funds so I gotta shop wise. Or hold out. Or go without. I was given an old school Yellow Aircraft f-16C kit to retrofit electric. Just looking for leads on new products. Will not go KB45XL! I am shure all motor manufacturers have there eyes in this forum and on this market, and yes we are waiting patiently.....
geostomp is offline Find More Posts by geostomp
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2008, 11:38 PM
Burner!!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Jun 2005
1,054 Posts
Check out the Scorpion 4035 HK series very strong motor I've pushed in bursts to 150 amp on S A123s Should be a good choice for anything up to the Byron 6". Hacker has some new motors for EDF - turbine series I believe they call them that should be interesting. I'm not sure how they will stack up against the Neu on price and for performance and quality Steve's hard to beat. Medusa has some new long can 36mm motors but they're probably a bit small still for the big fans. With all of the big helis now comes big, well cooled high(relatively) kV motors for our fans.
The problem I have is not the motor, we have at least a limited reasonably priced selection of motors now, what I need is a high voltage ESC that will take 200 amps and won't cause the wife the glare at me like Attila the Hun. These will be the next big challenge I think. When I was running up may fan pulling 150 + amps the deans ultra connectors got almost hot enough to melt the plastic. Handling that kind of power in an affordable way will take the best EEs around.
PlaneCrazee is offline Find More Posts by PlaneCrazee
Old Dec 09, 2008, 12:16 AM
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Sep 2007
1,593 Posts
I will check the other motors out but I was thinking that if arc can make a 36mm fan motor that performs for 70 bucks than they could make a 45mm long can for $110 or $150. I know the 28-47-1 is a solid performer in a 70mm for like $60. The neu motor is $270. I think they are an american company and I believe he makes his in america. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think that is a great selling point especially with the quality. Maybe I'll just have to cough.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2008, 12:19 AM
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Sep 2007
1,593 Posts
Isaw a 200HV somewhere it was off brand and I can't remember where, I was looking at hoobycity type stuff and saw it. I wish I could remnember it was like 300bucks. I have heard some people say they use electric bike controlers for real big shhstuff.
RCG Plus Member