SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, PA
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
Question
120 SR or mSR X?

I'm getting paid for my job at the end of the summer and, among other things, I'm considering a micro heli. I can get both from A Main Hobbies for $120 (mSR) or $130 (120 SR), so I'm not so much worried about the cost. I blew up both my batteries for my mCX (which is awesome, if a little limited) in a parralel charging incident involving reversed polarities.

I like the mSR because 1) it would be better suited to flying indoors and 2) it uses the same batteries as the mCX so I can just order a few of these and be done with it. On the other hand, the mSR doesn't come with batteries or a charger in this BNF Basic package (not really a problem as I have a charger and will get batteries anyway, but the value isn't as good).

The 120 SR appeals to me too because of its size and ability to fly outdoors. The only gripe I have with it is the batteries are a different size, and Hobbyking doesn't carry decent batteries for it.

Basically, whichever is best to fly will be my pick. I'm leaning towards the mSR though, because of the batteries and indoor capabilities. Someday I'd like to build one of the Trex 500 clones, so if I'm getting anything bigger than an mSR/mCX then maybe it should be that... Which would you pick?
SwimSquirrel is offline Find More Posts by SwimSquirrel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Go with the msrx, flys great in the wind , and no flybar, as far as batterys go you need 25c batterys or better , the 12c from the mcx will not work in the msrx
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, PA
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
Go with the msrx, flys great in the wind , and no flybar, as far as batterys go you need 25c batterys or better , the 12c from the mcx will not work in the msrx
Alright, thanks! I'm not sure if you missed it but these are the batteries I'll run (rated for at least 25c). My stock mCX battery died long ago before I learned to detect low voltage before the cutoff... That thing was a blast with a Venom 25c battery, which is now puffed.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:54 PM
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
i would recomend these batterys cost more but last alot longer , have more power, can becharged at 3c, i had them nano tech batterys there ok but wearout fast and lose power fast, thease will last alot longer and dont lose power, you will get at least 400 cycles on them before they start to fade , the nano techs about 150 and they are done for,
remember ya get what ya pay for
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...ct-p-5416.html

heres link to batterys i use
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, PA
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
---
Last edited by SwimSquirrel; Jan 01, 2013 at 07:57 PM.