HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:05 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
925 Posts
[QUOTE=Mikecam;18844460]Instead of getting into the whole story again I'd like to post the email I am sending to Horizon Hobby. Tells the story very well and please keep in mind I'm not looking to start a radio war. Nothing stirs a father more then to see his son hurting, all the fathers out there know exactly what i mean, and some of that made it's way into the email. I'm only human. Hopefully HH does the right thing. What that is right now I'm really not sure.

Update. Horizon is going to do nothing for me. They want me to send it back on my dime and stated that they will charge 1/2 hour minimum at $30 an hour. Sort of answer we Canadians get from American companys in the hobby business. Plane went in the garbage.

I've ordered a hobby king plane and clone Futaba RX so he can fly that with zero issues. And yes with Futaba there really are zero issues. I have thousands of flights in 4 years and not one glitch. For you guys that say you can't say never, well you have never used Futaba then. Sorry but you can keep your 2 channel non-hopping dms2. Funny how the new dmsX has the hopping feature Futaba has used for years.

Radio was from the MSR I won at a fun fly. The heli never gets more then 5 feet from the radio so i guess that's why it works.
Range check was 150 paces with ant. pointed right at the plane, no issue there. When it locked out it was 20 feet in the air, 20 feet out front. Should not have happened but then again do a search for spectrum lock it and you will see a whole lot of " I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED "

Sorry for my feelings but they are what they are, and it is from 4 years experience.
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:24 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
wicked video once again! iv been watching some of your older vids. the fpv Beast would look soo cool with the wide angle!
just found the fat shark 5.8 set. its $299 so might have to wait before the missus say's yes to that LOL
Dont get those!! The 5.8ghz is different and wont work, you need to get the RX from the same place as the TX preferably.
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:14 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
772 Posts
ah bingo! cool thanks for that.
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Aug 01, 2011, 06:58 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
I've ordered a hobby king plane and clone Futaba RX so he can fly that with zero issues. And yes with Futaba there really are zero issues.
Considering you cant trust Spektrum I find it surpsing that you are willing to trust your kids plane to a HK knock off RX, but it's your choice

Quote:
Sorry but you can keep your 2 channel non-hopping dms2. Funny how the new dmsX has the hopping feature Futaba has used for years.
Thank's I will - I have used Spektrum gear for 3 years without incident, glitch, brown out or wobble. When they are offering great UM planes like the Mossie it's even better to be using Spektrum gear.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Last edited by Lberry.88; Aug 01, 2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:52 AM
Micro Flyer
Joined Jun 2005
772 Posts
Whats the best way for me to remove the paint from my mosquito? its looking tatty from opening it up all the time....
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:42 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Fine sand paper seems to work well. 380 grit or something will do the job - just takes a bit of time. I'd stay away from paint thinners etc - they could damage the foam.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Aug 04, 2011, 04:39 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
De-natured (or drinking) alcohol should take off the paint eventually and will not hurt the foam
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:58 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
something is up with my mossie, the stock battery gets hot now and the plane just seems like it's struggling to get speed/altitude - i have never lubed up the gears or anything - but i never have in any of my micros.

I dunno the pack getting hot is telling me there is too much draw on it and im guessing its from from friction - anyone have any similar issues?
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:07 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,316 Posts
Seems like your battery has had enough mate

How old is it and has it been flown to LVC often? These little micros are pretty hard on batterys, especially with the Mozzie being a twin...
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:46 PM
Micro Flyer
Joined Jun 2005
772 Posts
some photos from a day light raid!

Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:02 PM
Micro Flyer
Joined Jun 2005
772 Posts
My no1 engine died
it was making some horrible "screeches" and has finaly bitten the dust!
any1 know what the screech noise is/was coming from? it seems as if the pinion & gear are fine. it seems as if the motor shaft is spinning free of the pinion....
i have a new set of motors on the way.... will this fix my mossie?
i did manage to fly and land on the strip with 1 motor which felt like an accomplishment!
Old Aug 05, 2011, 05:43 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
battery should be fine, never flown it to LVC and prob only have 15 flights on it at the most - I never really fly with the stock pack, fly mostly on 600's.

it just seems a bit warm after a flight - maybe the motors are dying out or something - have replaced both a couple days after I bought it - and have also had the screech a couple times since - but that has seemed to gone away again - I highly doubt that screech is the motor anymore, still happens with new motors so its gotta be something else.
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Aug 06, 2011, 12:36 AM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,168 Posts
Quote:
My no1 engine died
it was making some horrible "screeches" and has finaly bitten the dust!
any1 know what the screech noise is/was coming from? it seems as if the pinion & gear are fine. it seems as if the motor shaft is spinning free of the pinion....
i have a new set of motors on the way.... will this fix my mossie?
i did manage to fly and land on the strip with 1 motor which felt like an accomplishment!
Yes your correct.. Motors often "screech" on their way out. Probably a timing issue as the brushes start to loose contact.
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Aug 06, 2011, 04:54 AM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,903 Posts
Quote:
some photos from a day light raid!

I think that second shot is the best i've seen of it aloft .. stunning!
Well done!
Rowdy_b64 is offline Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Aug 06, 2011, 05:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
I took my polecat motor apart after it started screeching... the brushing was shredded and looked like there was heat damage... not sure which caused which but it did not look good in there... think I may get new motor from babbel, replacing the polecat motor is no easy business and would be nice if I had to do it less
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion