HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Joined Sep 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giteart View Post
fpv stands for First Person View.

There is an on board camera to the quad or plane witch transmits real time video. This video is seen by the operator via a small lcd screen or goggles.

I believe it has beeb banned in the usa to operate the rc craft beyond line of site using only the video feed.

Anyway the on board camera can be either an expensive gopro or mobius or something cheaper and lighter such as a cctv camera.

Dont be fooled. the go pro will not output better image than a $30 700tvl camera.
Also dont bother thinking fpving a helicopter. It is not worth it.
Try a quad instead. There is a reason that 99% of people do quads instead of hellis.

Anyway if you are new to the hobby, first step buy a cheap toy grade helli or quad from maybe banggood.com or some other chineese site and learn how to fly.

You will crash a lot. If you do have the money and the patience to continue then go into the fpv. ATTENTION! it is very addictive time consuming and can get expensive if you want to go big.

Read this forum and you will learn a lot fast.
Aww man i apreciate so much the time and effort to explain to me!!
iv been reading on this forum for a week now, and yeah im thinking of a quadcopter, im not intersted in helis, i came across some quads i want ur opinions on them,

what u think about Syma x5c to start with?
and then a Cx20 for upgrade or a dji phantom? maybe something else?

im thinking of buying both at the same time, what u think of that too

Dont be fooled. the go pro will not output better image than a $30 700tvl camera.
wiill the recording video and taken fotos will be the same too or a good gopro cam makes diff for recording

and yeah i love it the first time i saw it and ivnt even touch a quad!

thanks again! much apreciated
Seeadler is offline Find More Posts by Seeadler
Last edited by Seeadler; Yesterday at 08:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:02 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
Aww man i apreciate so much the time and effort to explain to me!!
iv been reading on this forum for a week now, and yeah im thinking of a quadcopter, im not intersted in helis, i came across some quads i want ur opinions on them,

what u think about Syma x5c to start with?
and then a Cx20 for upgrade or a dji phantom? maybe something else?

im thinking of buying both at the same time, what u think of that too

wiill the recording video and taken fotos will be the same too or a good gopro cam makes diff for recording

and yeah i love it the first time i saw it and ivnt even touch a quad!

thanks again! much apreciated
Assuming you are new to the hobby, I recommend you a quadcopter that is virtually indestructible and cheap. You then can learn to fly it and once you master this you can look into things like FPV etc.

Honestly, the IMHO best quad to learn is the WL toys v949. I bought one from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...156599537.html

At $40 including shipping you can't go wrong.

It's also available from Hobbyking (albeit an earlier version)

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=27173

I own several of these, and I smashed it at full speed into the concrete wall of my home several times. Even crashed it out of 100 feet above right into the ground. No damage. I'm still using the original propellers. Ok, your mileage may varries here a bit, but there is NO other quad known to me that would be so forgiveing.

Once you can fly it, you can fly more expensive ones. And, it's fun already. What I like is that you can fly it out of your yard, even in densely populated areas.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Today, 10:50 AM
Joined Sep 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Assuming you are new to the hobby, I recommend you a quadcopter that is virtually indestructible and cheap. You then can learn to fly it and once you master this you can look into things like FPV etc.

Honestly, the IMHO best quad to learn is the WL toys v949. I bought one from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...156599537.html

At $40 including shipping you can't go wrong.

It's also available from Hobbyking (albeit an earlier version)

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=27173

I own several of these, and I smashed it at full speed into the concrete wall of my home several times. Even crashed it out of 100 feet above right into the ground. No damage. I'm still using the original propellers. Ok, your mileage may varries here a bit, but there is NO other quad known to me that would be so forgiveing.

Once you can fly it, you can fly more expensive ones. And, it's fun already. What I like is that you can fly it out of your yard, even in densely populated areas.

HTH

Markus

Thank you so much Marcus !!
Seeadler is offline Find More Posts by Seeadler
Old Today, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2014
47 Posts
ReadyMadeRC

I just got my first FPV setup from ReadyMadeRC. Its the Teleporter V3 rtf kit. I have a question about the goggles. The set came with a 760mah 7.4v lipo pack to power the goggles. The battery cable and plug are only 2 inches long,what do you do with the battery other than just let it hang by the cable?
Mtnflyby is offline Find More Posts by Mtnflyby
Old Today, 11:56 AM
U.S.A., Sufflok county , NY
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
ground station

Hi Steven from Long Island New York, I built a backpack similar to juz70 using 2 mini 4ch 1.3ghz receivers patch on one, and antenna for second, eagle tree diversity.I have both 1.3ghz into 1&2 input on eagle tree, and I have fat shark wireless predator 5.8 plugged in out port on eagle tree.
Thinking and understanding fpv logic a little better now, I think I may not have something correct. When I power up GS the camera and tx that came with fat sharks works and I get image. But I'm not sure if the diversity with the 1.3ghz are doing anything as there is no 1.3 tx in the loop.
Any input would be appreciated
steveiewonder is online now Find More Posts by steveiewonder
Old Today, 04:29 PM
United States, NJ, Cresskill
Joined Mar 2014
491 Posts
I broke down and bought a DC5V~15V Plastic Case mini 600tvl Sony Super HAD CCD Super FPV Camera 2.8mm Lens from SurveilZone.

http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

What exactly is 600tvl in terms of resolution? What aspect ratio best for monitors/goggles to best translate what the Camera is "seeing"?

I mean when I was using the GoPro... the GoPro had multiple Resolution/AR... but the line out for the GoPro was only transmitting in 4:3! so I had my monitor in 4:3.

If I use 16:9 is it all streatched like i had with GoPro?
d4ddyo is online now Find More Posts by d4ddyo
Old Today, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Noob.
Joined Nov 2013
20 Posts
Mtnflyby -
There is a small loop on the battery side of the strap, it fits in there.
doctorr is offline Find More Posts by doctorr
Old Today, 10:00 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo View Post
I broke down and bought a DC5V~15V Plastic Case mini 600tvl Sony Super HAD CCD Super FPV Camera 2.8mm Lens from SurveilZone.

http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

What exactly is 600tvl in terms of resolution? What aspect ratio best for monitors/goggles to best translate what the Camera is "seeing"?

I mean when I was using the GoPro... the GoPro had multiple Resolution/AR... but the line out for the GoPro was only transmitting in 4:3! so I had my monitor in 4:3.

If I use 16:9 is it all streatched like i had with GoPro?
VGA is 640X480 Pixels, which is how our goggles are designed. This would be 480TVL. Thus, anything greater than 480 TVL will not come through any clearer. Higher resolution does, however make small objects like birds and power lines appear a little earlier.

-Alex
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 10:24 PM
United States, NJ, Cresskill
Joined Mar 2014
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
VGA is 640X480 Pixels, which is how our goggles are designed. This would be 480TVL. Thus, anything greater than 480 TVL will not come through any clearer. Higher resolution does, however make small objects like birds and power lines appear a little earlier.

-Alex
Ok. But what I mean is at 480tvl you are viewing at 4:3 aspect ratio if you set your goggles to 16:9 you get a stretched image. If you set it to 4:3 you get blsck bars but accurate image scaling.

What is 600tvl ?
d4ddyo is online now Find More Posts by d4ddyo