18,507 Posts
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:56 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,188 Posts
7:42 am the air is still and the sun is climbing into a mid-morning sky of blue. The indoor/outdoor thermometer erroneously records the outside temp at 93 degrees, but it's more like 52....I'll have to investigate to see if a raccoon is using it as a rectal probe because I just changed those batteries a few weeks ago! Five batteries are just dripping with an over abundance of electrons and the Tx that's been plugged into the wall for the last three years is still performing well....even though I'm saving the new Tx battery for who knows what! Key West BBQ chicken, coleslaw, iced tea, and ambrosia fruit salad is on the menu for tonight's supper. The plane is already in the car and I'm ready for another fun-filled morning at the field. Life is good!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:58 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Damn... 0557 here... wind blowing at or close to gale... suppost to be 3-8
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:07 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
I believe you're off an hour Daniel lol.

Snowman love the description of your temp troubles lol.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:10 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
nope... i'm just inside the MDT line... 5 miles over is your time
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:35 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
wasn't aware of that lol
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Have fun snowman! Supper sounds good!

Stop probing the critters! You'll be back to work checking human temperatures soon enough! I'd hate to see PETA on your A$$!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:35 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Snowy if you trap or shoot a coon with a perirectal abscess, then more than likely you've caught your culprit.
Snowdog it sure was great meeting you. I'm only sorry I wasn't in better condition when I met you. Have you started installing that motor you got from bone doc? You got a steal on that one for sure.
Now guys Snowdog talked about a get together at ohio, if we can get the snowman, waldo and DOG there. O what a twisted event that would be.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowy if you trap or shoot a coon with a perirectal abscess, then more than likely you've caught your culprit.
Snowdog it sure was great meeting you. I'm only sorry I wasn't in better condition when I met you. Have you started installing that motor you got from bone doc? You got a steal on that one for sure.
Now guys Snowdog talked about a get together at ohio, if we can get the snowman, waldo and DOG there. O what a twisted event that would be.
Kerwin,
I have not even looked at my R/C stuff for the last two days; been too busy uploading videos and working
I was hoping to repair the LG on my Su-26 before the weekend, but I'm not sure how I'm going to fit that in yet...
All I've done is look at that Scorpion motor I got from bonedoc...that is a sweet looking motor and it was a super deal!
Sure would like to get to the Ohio Huckfest in August....
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
7:42 am the air is still and the sun is climbing into a mid-morning sky of blue. The indoor/outdoor thermometer erroneously records the outside temp at 93 degrees, but it's more like 52....I'll have to investigate to see if a raccoon is using it as a rectal probe because I just changed those batteries a few weeks ago! Five batteries are just dripping with an over abundance of electrons and the Tx that's been plugged into the wall for the last three years is still performing well....even though I'm saving the new Tx battery for who knows what! Key West BBQ chicken, coleslaw, iced tea, and ambrosia fruit salad is on the menu for tonight's supper. The plane is already in the car and I'm ready for another fun-filled morning at the field. Life is good!
Is the sun hitting the thermometer directly? You can't trust a thermometer that is getting nailed by direct radiant heat. It is probably reading perfect if you want to nail yourself to the side of the house next to it
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,188 Posts
Turns out the sun was beating directly on the sensor at that time of the morning! The raccoon had nothing to do with it! Whew!

Another glorious morning with the exception of those tiny black sand flies.....drove me nuts.......it was a shame to have to lather up with deet after just having showered, but blood is important to me...and the more of it I keep pumping through my veins the better! I should start timing the flights to see if the batteries are diminishing in any way......they appear to be shooting their load rather prematurely! I was hovering and doing that high-alpha stuff more today than yesterday and my total flight time was down 15 minutes! (I do balance my batteries after every flight.)

I've got that 41" Edge waiting to be put together, but it's a shame to be indoors during weather like this! I should be fishing for walleyes too, but my vehicle with the hitch is in need of repairs so my fishing is limited to brook trout....

The grill has been calling to me in my dreams......so it's going to get a workout today.....I think I'll fire it up for lunch and throw a few sausages and a string of chorizo on for good measure. Pick some asparagus from the garden and grill that with a little olive oil, sea salt, and ground pepper...as a side....wash it down with some very cold beer......and if my blood alcohol isn't high enough......a margarita on the rocks in a heavily salted frosted mug of gigantic proportions. After I wake from my afternoon nap it'll be time to take the chicken out of the marinade and start the prep for dinner, after which I'll hope to fly once more. That's my day.........all planned out! I better enjoy it....Friday is the last day of school for the kids!
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:26 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Turns out the sun was beating directly on the sensor at that time of the morning! The raccoon had nothing to do with it! Whew!

Another glorious morning with the exception of those tiny black sand flies.....drove me nuts.......it was a shame to have to lather up with deet after just having showered, but blood is important to me...and the more of it I keep pumping through my veins the better! I should start timing the flights to see if the batteries are diminishing in any way......they appear to be shooting their load rather prematurely! I was hovering and doing that high-alpha stuff more today than yesterday and my total flight time was down 15 minutes! (I do balance my batteries after every flight.)

I've got that 41" Edge waiting to be put together, but it's a shame to be indoors during weather like this! I should be fishing for walleyes too, but my vehicle with the hitch is in need of repairs so my fishing is limited to brook trout....

The grill has been calling to me in my dreams......so it's going to get a workout today.....I think I'll fire it up for lunch and throw a few sausages and a string of chorizo on for good measure. Pick some asparagus from the garden and grill that with a little olive oil, sea salt, and ground pepper...as a side....wash it down with some very cold beer......and if my blood alcohol isn't high enough......a margarita on the rocks in a heavily salted frosted mug of gigantic proportions. After I wake from my afternoon nap it'll be time to take the chicken out of the marinade and start the prep for dinner, after which I'll hope to fly once more. That's my day.........all planned out! I better enjoy it....Friday is the last day of school for the kids!
that sounds like an awesome day! my mouth is watering just listening to your menu!

LOL...my kids finished school yesterday...so now we are transitioning into the stage where my kids (13 and 15) stay up later than dad, and sleep in every morning...although my 15yr has to get up by 10am or 11am to be ready for drivers ed at 1pm.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:26 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
I am officially jealous!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:07 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Snowy am I invited for lunch?
I'm still just resting up though I'm walking much better now and no need to be taking pain pills other than a little advil.
The winds did pick up today though. I'm going to fine tune the Green Machine some more today. Trixie said it was still a tad nose heavy. I bought a regulator to replace the ign battery.
And I'm going to readjust my ailerons I think I have them drooping a bit.

Guys with all the kids getting out of school, it's time to prepare that list chores. Now if you can't find enough for them to do you can always send them to my place. I have an old fashion weed whip that they can use on my weeds, and go green.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,188 Posts
Don't be too jealous Plow......I got a friendly reminder (phone call from the missus) to watch the calories......so I had these vegetarian burgers instead....bleahhh ... . Ice water instead of beer and the margarita will have to wait until this evening. I really truly believe I'd rather die of a massive stroke than to eat like this the rest of my day! How does one abandon a life-long interest in and love for charcuterie? These sausages are/were made with love......the cubed pork and beef...both fall harvested and aged appropriately...I even picked the acorns to finish off the pig the last two weeks before butchering...the garlic, sage, and other home grown herbs were bruised just enough to impart a delicate kiss of flavor without overpowering this meat medley, which is lovingly packed into porcine intestine of the very animal that gave it's life for this endeavor.....and OH, when they cook amongst wisps of smoke over a charcoal fire......they sweat these clear beads of fat that fall upon the hot embers intensifying the flavor that should soon be upon one's lips. You know you want it.....when the natural casing splits and the outside of the cooked sausage yields a satisfying crunch and an orgasmic burst of hot, spicy, juices fills your mouth! It's all gotta be worth it .......grab your chest man.....indulge!

Kerwin......I keep telling ya......I can't do much, but I can cook and you're welcome at any meal anytime!
Last edited by snowman; Jun 06, 2012 at 11:37 AM.