SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,077 Posts
Congrats on the maiden...she is fun...You can fly her at a tad over 1/2 throttle just fine...and if you slow her down she will not bounce...if it is doing that on grass you are landing hard...just use the flaps and cut power totally and when she starts comeing down and slowing apply power again...she will land like a feather...
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiev View Post
Got the call from my Taranis at 3 minutes 15 seconds. Don't ignore your timer!!

Flying on brand new Turnigy Nano A-Spec 4.25mah and has only 20% left after 3 minute 45 second flight.
I like it! Shame 3 minutes 30 seconds is about the limit!!!!!!

Easy to bounce on landing, might look at tire change.
You will probably will get more time out of that NEW battery after 4 or 5 cycles...

Many of us have replaced tire stock wheels with "Dave Brown LiteFlite Treaded" wheels with very good results!

Very nice write-up on your maiden...thanks for sharing.

-Gary
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,016 Posts
I got a F-86 this week and have a Mirage and had a A-6. Interesting to compare the Mirage and F-86. Same power from both, 75A and 1650W more or less. The Mirage is 1590g and very small and very sleek compared to the Fury at 1800g. Weights are w/o battery but otherwise flight ready. Mirage wingspan is 790mm and the Fury is 1200. Length is about the same when you subtract the Mirages pitot tube up front. I had a A-6 and it was the worse of both worlds, heavy as the Fury and a small wing span.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
I got a F-86 this week and have a Mirage and had a A-6. Interesting to compare the Mirage and F-86. Same power from both, 75A and 1650W more or less. The Mirage is 1590g and very small and very sleek compared to the Fury at 1800g. Weights are w/o battery but otherwise flight ready. Mirage wingspan is 790mm and the Fury is 1200. Length is about the same when you subtract the Mirages pitot tube up front. I had a A-6 and it was the worse of both worlds, heavy as the Fury and a small wing span.
i saw a guy on YouTube flying the mirage until the cows came home- over 5 minutes at least dont know if that was stock but I can't fly my 86 that long. Reduced drag make that much difference maybe ?
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,016 Posts
I have my Mirage timer at 5 minutes and then I still have time for an approach or two.. but I don't fly full throttle all the time either. That's with 4000mA. A small 5000mA fits and is good for more.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
661 Posts
I cant speak for the outrunner setup but with the inrunner and my new 5450 packs broken in I am getting 6 1/2 min. Im flying full throttle more than half that time. On avarage coming down at 3.6 a cell. By no means a speed demon but a solid 90mph best guess. Big loops are no problem. Lots of thrust and authority to spare.
Bhodi11 is offline Find More Posts by Bhodi11
Old Today, 12:50 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiev View Post

I like it! Shame 3 minutes 30 seconds is about the limit!!!!!!
Yes it is a great scale ship, performing better than its full size counterpart, after some extra tweaking, on the standard outrunner version.

I fly both 4500 and 5000mAh pks on mixed throttle range and have my timer set at 4 minutes to the final countdown last beep.

Then I have a further 2 minutes to setup up a landing including provision for a couple of go around ccts if needed and still able to taxi back to ramp with enough power still left over for a little more taxi.

So average is 6 minutes per flight cycle there , Engine Start to Engine Stop, on both those Battery packs with some little extra margin on the 5000mAh I suppose.
Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Old Today, 12:56 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
I have my Mirage timer at 5 minutes and then I still have time for an approach or two.. but I don't fly full throttle all the time either. That's with 4000mA. A small 5000mA fits and is good for more.
Good mirage info for me there ED ..... Tks.
Old Today, 01:02 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
...just use the flaps and cut power totally and when she starts comeing down and slowing apply power again...she will land like a feather...
That's the way to do in in a professional Sabre Captain manner

Keep that power coming up again after you cut it..... to sort out your approach profile with Full Flap selected...... pegging it to around 30% thrust till you feather it on Nose High and bounceless.
Old Today, 01:08 AM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
I cant speak for the outrunner setup but with the inrunner and my new 5450 packs broken in I am getting 6 1/2 min. Im flying full throttle more than half that time. On avarage coming down at 3.6 a cell. By no means a speed demon but a solid 90mph best guess. Big loops are no problem. Lots of thrust and authority to spare.
sabre or mirage ?
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero
Old Today, 01:10 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by washab View Post
Anyone else main gear struts seem a bit "stiff" in it's operation? Mine don't seem to compress as free as comparison to the nose gear strut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
Yes, one of mine was....cause was the screw securing the gear door protruding just a "hair" too much.. .contacting the inner moving part of the leg. (screw closest to the retract)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfinator81 View Post
Yep, me too. I backed it out a little, used thread lock and no further issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
Mine don't compress at all.
Yeah .....worked out that one quite early in my tinkering with the UC.

The margin is "Micro" setting on that thread contact of the Gear Door attach screws with the moving inner suspension shaft . I blunted the sharp screw ends down a little more with a small file and that did the job for me...and also think I replaced some with smaller spares I had around in my box.
Old Today, 01:12 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
sabre or mirage ?
Think he is talking about his Luxurious inrunner F-86F Sabre from Aliexpress giving 90mph performance.

Perhaps 10mph better than the standard outrunners level FT speed.

The Lux version of the Mirage from them does about 110kts (200kph) 124mph on their speed gun test.
Last edited by Hondajet; Today at 03:42 AM.