NIMBLE
FLIP AND ROLL
SKY WEEL FOR CLIMBING
RESET GYRO AND ACCELEROMETER
CONS
POOR PACKAGING
NANO STYLE TEENY TX
WIND SENSITIVE
UNBOXING EACHINE H1 SKYWALKER mini NINJA 2,4GHZ MINI RC CLIMBING WALL UFO QUAD (COURTESY BANGGOOD) (20 min 4 sec)
nickden is offline Find More Posts by nickden
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2014, 07:29 AM
Joined Oct 2012
119 Posts
FOR PRODUCT INFORMATIONS
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-H1-S...147940201303FC
nickden is offline Find More Posts by nickden
Old Oct 01, 2014, 11:38 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2011
213 Posts
comparing the Eachine H1 against the LS-111, I have to say the Eachine is a lot more stable. Hovering in 1 spot is very easy with the Eachine. The LS-111 always drifted in some direction.
sylvestor2002 is offline Find More Posts by sylvestor2002
Old Oct 02, 2014, 02:07 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
301 Posts
I have two of these quadcopters as well.

Comparing this with the Cheerson CX-10, it flies so much better with very responsive controls. There are only two rates (high - red blinking LED and low - green LED) Even at the default low rate, it is sufficient for a very spirited flight in the living room.

Another feature I liked about this quadcopter is the low voltage warning. The rear red LED on the quadcopter starts blinking whenever battery is low, better than some other quads which just drops dead when battery voltage runs low.

The real deal which made me buy was the wheel attachment. It looked gimmicky at first but I was pleasantly surprised that it worked as advertised. There was no apparent loss in power and I could execute flips even with the wheel attachment.

I think this is one of the better buys among the whole selection of nano quadcopters available. Definitely worth the under $20 I paid for. Even if you already have many nano quadcopters lying around (I do!), it is still a worthy addition to your collection.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:34 PM
No Title
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
Odd flying behavior

Okay I'm losing my mind. No one reviewing this quadcopter seems to have noticed that it has a very odd feature...

I bought two copies since they are so inexpensive. These are not my first quadcopters! So...

when I tell you that forward, left, backward and right motion (controlled by the right stick as usual) seem to be locked to the yaw orientation of the QC when the calibration move is applied, color me confused.

Yes! Both copies.

1. Aim the QC North, calibrate.
2. Lift off.
3. Forward on the right stick moves the QC North.
4. Yaw so QC is facing, say, East.
5. Forward on the right stick... moves the QC North!!!

This makes flying very hard, although I suppose if every QC I flew did the same thing it could be kinda cool.

I don't know how good it is at keeping tracking of total yaw - seems like it would be quite possible to set up the flight controller this way. But since I am accustomed to the traditional behavior, flying this little thing is wicked hard.

If the reviewers noticed this and said nothing? Or do I have some uniquely bad copies, software version 0.1 or something? This "feature"could account for some of the complaints about the ease of flying...
crash7X is offline Find More Posts by crash7X
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:45 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash7X View Post
Okay I'm losing my mind. No one reviewing this quadcopter seems to have noticed that it has a very odd feature...

I bought two copies since they are so inexpensive. These are not my first quadcopters! So...

when I tell you that forward, left, backward and right motion (controlled by the right stick as usual) seem to be locked to the yaw orientation of the QC when the calibration move is applied, color me confused.

Yes! Both copies.

1. Aim the QC North, calibrate.
2. Lift off.
3. Forward on the right stick moves the QC North.
4. Yaw so QC is facing, say, East.
5. Forward on the right stick... moves the QC North!!!

This makes flying very hard, although I suppose if every QC I flew did the same thing it could be kinda cool.

I don't know how good it is at keeping tracking of total yaw - seems like it would be quite possible to set up the flight controller this way. But since I am accustomed to the traditional behavior, flying this little thing is wicked hard.

If the reviewers noticed this and said nothing? Or do I have some uniquely bad copies, software version 0.1 or something? This "feature"could account for some of the complaints about the ease of flying...
A kind of headless "courselock" mode ?
SeByDocKy is offline Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Dec 24, 2014, 05:45 AM
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Mar 2006
145 Posts
Eachine H1

I'd like to thank Mr. Nick for gifting me this tiny little SUPERB micro quad.

My sons are crazy about it !!!!

Thank you Nick
Tmark65 is offline Find More Posts by Tmark65
Old Today, 07:33 PM
No Title
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
Odd revisited

I got to thinking that if my assumption was correct, I ought to be able to send the QC forward and then induce yaw but have the craft continue in the same real direction.

And that's what happened and now I kinda like this mode, certainly for indoors where I crashed only when I vastly exceeded my normal indoor "envelope". I was sending that thing zipping around whilst in span (spanned?) happily at quite decent rates.

Impossible flying! But not like the [never mind how many] other toy quadcopters I've played with. I wouldn't have purchased this, but having it is quite OK.

I don't know if it would be a good first step or a bad start for someone who wanted to really learn to fly. If it's a one-off thing for a kid or a friend, you'll way get your money's worth of fun before you destroy it.
crash7X is offline Find More Posts by crash7X
Old Today, 07:56 PM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
I received to help believing that in the event our premiss had been correct, I will manage to send out a QC forwards and then produce yaw however develop the art continue inside similar real track.
Barrettvb is offline Find More Posts by Barrettvb