SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:03 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
That red bull plane was my personal edge, but no we are not allowed to sell red bull's logo. They don't like that very much!
Red Bull pours something like $500,000,000 (yes, that's millions) a year into it's Formula One auto racing program, and my understanding is they lost at least that much promoting the air races. It seems a little weird that a company that spends that much promoting itself would get all snippy when we do it for them for free.

Of course, Porsche went through this with some companys making toy cars of really poor quality and putting the Porsche name on them. Since these companys can't evaluate every example of someone pirating their logos, they have to stop everyone from doing it.

I believe Red Bull has licensed a company or two to build authentic Red Bull replicas and those companys aren't going to let anyone else get away with it, and I can't blame them. They probably paid a hefty fee for the rights.

However, don't lament too much. I had a Red Bull replica plane. It was a blue/silver airplane that I had some graphics secretly made up for and it looked totally bitchin' on the ground. However, once it got up in the air the thing simply disappeared. I don't mean it greyed out or anything. It disappeared. It was like there was a cloaking device on it or something. I only flew it a few times and it spooked me so bad that I sold it.

Conversely, I also had some Red Bull stuff made up for my Extreme Flight 45" Edge and it showed up pretty well. I can only guess it was the shade of blue on that plane combined with the yellow that made it stand out, but I got a lot of milage out of that plane.

Game on!

Graphix Wars!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,096 Posts
Both Red and blue turn dark easily in the sky. Red especially!

If you want to see something, color it yellow. Or just buy the 60" MXS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Red Bull pours something like $500,000,000 (yes, that's millions) a year into it's Formula One auto racing program, and my understanding is they lost at least that much promoting the air races. It seems a little weird that a company that spends that much promoting itself would get all snippy when we do it for them for free.

Of course, Porsche went through this with some companys making toy cars of really poor quality and putting the Porsche name on them. Since these companys can't evaluate every example of someone pirating their logos, they have to stop everyone from doing it.

I believe Red Bull has licensed a company or two to build authentic Red Bull replicas and those companys aren't going to let anyone else get away with it, and I can't blame them. They probably paid a hefty fee for the rights.

However, don't lament too much. I had a Red Bull replica plane. It was a blue/silver airplane that I had some graphics secretly made up for and it looked totally bitchin' on the ground. However, once it got up in the air the thing simply disappeared. I don't mean it greyed out or anything. It disappeared. It was like there was a cloaking device on it or something. I only flew it a few times and it spooked me so bad that I sold it.

Conversely, I also had some Red Bull stuff made up for my Extreme Flight 45" Edge and it showed up pretty well. I can only guess it was the shade of blue on that plane combined with the yellow that made it stand out, but I got a lot of milage out of that plane.

Game on!

Graphix Wars!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:10 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,319 Posts
I DEMAND you all stay on topic and say nothing of manufactures that i do not support or have not to do with EF

Look, S8graphix makes good stuff, so does B&E. There is room for both. Some of you dudes take this hobby pretty seriously
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:11 AM
Fly til dark
United States, IN, Bourbon
Joined Nov 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Why don't you go post some futaba photos on the DX18 thread?

I'm sticking with B&E.
Let me start by saying I am sorry if I have started anything on here. Everyone was talking about who did their decals and I just had some done and was very happy with them so I thought I would mention them. I was not trying to get into any battle between 3dhs and EF as I own both or who makes better decals than who. Just a guy here that just customized his planes and is excited.
jfuller1250 is offline Find More Posts by jfuller1250
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,096 Posts
Oh relax. There is nothing started....

Move along, nothing to see here
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,522 Posts
Just odd. Peace.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Doc- I first fell in love with red bull schemes when I saw the races in Windsor! I saw them all over rc planes, and didn't realize you couldn't get them cut until I started calling around and getting rejected!

I thought red bull would love the free advertisement!

here's some good press for the vinyl wars!

Bad brad, b & e, s8, and nacho all do awesome work on all sorts of awesome planes! Oh no, they don't all hate each other- that's no fun!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Just odd. Peace.
It may have made more sense if it was posted closer to the posts behind me. People were talking about red bull and Oakley vinyl. Hense my photo of Oakley and red bull schemed planes.. Sorry for the confusion!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
190 Posts
Anyone using the Airboss 45amp ESC along w/ a Hitec Optima receiver and SPC?
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:59 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
I am using the Airboss 80 with SPC and a Hacker 55pro x with it
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:10 AM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
It may have made more sense...
No need to explain your post. Most on here get it. Awsome red bull schemes!
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Last edited by TG43; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:14 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
I am using the Airboss 80 with SPC and a Hacker 55pro x with it
I'm also using the SPC port on an Optima RX with AB 80. I haven't used the AB45 but i don't see that being a problem.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:16 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
i have an AB 45 with an SPC port hooked up to it. ESC shouldnt matter as long as you dont put too much voltage to it
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:17 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Does Scotts book cover flying the perfect KE circle? I haven't red it over and over again but for me I find I climb on outside KE circles. Throttle management keeps the altitude gain under control but that 1/4-1/2 circle is where I find the climb starts and the end of the 1/2 I'm already way out.

Is the tricky part the start of the circle where you need the proper throttle /elevator/rudder ratios?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:20 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,096 Posts
His problem is the same I had with it first time I used it. If you use the switch on the esc, this set up will cause the esc and motor to arm AND work normally even though the BEC is turned off and you have no servo control. Plane can take off without any servos working.... Danger Will Robbins!