HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2014, 04:58 PM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined May 2013
111 Posts
kds n290 servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull333 View Post
one of my servos decided to stop in flight and cause a small crash, so I am looking at the 290 servos, but I am trying to see if these are the same ones.............. http://www.myrcmart.com/kds20044-n29...vo-p-3489.html any help would be apreicated
yes thats them http://www.banggood.com/buy/Kds-n290.html
robert trebor is offline Find More Posts by robert trebor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 08:42 PM
I hate Gravity
United States, FL, Brevard County
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert trebor View Post
Thanks! It had the same name, but didn't look like everyone elses
Skull333 is offline Find More Posts by Skull333
Old Dec 09, 2014, 07:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
I replaced my walkera 40amp esc with hobbywing skywalker 50amp esc and programmed the governor.Seems to be really good esc.Also programmed soft start.Value hobby 3700 kv motor is really good choice also for the price.
55chevy is offline Find More Posts by 55chevy
Old Dec 14, 2014, 08:31 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,232 Posts
It got above 50 here in MN yesterday so I got out my best flying d03 and went for a spin. First battery no problems at all(a little rusty its been about 8 weeks) second battery a couple laps back and forth, a piro or two and went for another lap. When it got down to my left and I was going to turn back it started to do nice slow nose left piros. I tried getting it to stop with right rudder, however I could only try for a second or so as it was now over my neighbors backyard and headed for a hedge. I got it down to about 5-6 feet and had to shut it down. The only damage I see with a brief inspection is a broken main rotor and landing skids. Prolly bent the feathering shaft as the broken rotor was about 2" into the dirt.
I couldn't see the crack in the rotor right away it was a slight crack right at the root. I did spool it up on my concrete patio and it always wanted to turn nose left
Did the servo go bad? It is stock with several hundred flights on it. What else might cause it to go into a piro spin?
jack herr is online now Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Dec 14, 2014, 09:52 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
466 Posts
My thoughts - jammed servo, broken belt (is the tail rotor spinning?), bent tail slider shaft.
Not a whole heap of options. I'd check all the mechanical options first.
Zaphod69 is offline Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:03 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1,232 Posts
The servo will still go back and forth and if I give it right stick it counters the left rotation but as son as I let go of the stick it begins to go nose left again. I don't think I bent or broke anything I was flying as gently as can be. I have a tarot 450 belted tail on it and it has been flawless. I got so tired of replacing tail housings and tail gears. I often got only a few flights before a bearing melted the housing. The tarot tail keeps the belt centered and no more tail housings full of belt and melted plastic.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 02:09 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
466 Posts
Hmmm so if you let go of the rudder it's starts turning nose left. Usually that's a lack of thrust counteracting the rotational torque of the main blades. Check to see that the tail slider is in the correct position on power up. In rate mode it should self-center. If that center point is not correct you may not be getting the required thrust.
Zaphod69 is offline Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:00 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
...Did the servo go bad? It is stock with several hundred flights on it. What else might cause it to go into a piro spin?
Hello Jack.

Several hundreds flights on the stock servo, WOW !
On my 2 V450D03's mine never reached 200 flights.
I exchanged them with Align DS525M servos, wich work fine (you have to place them on the other side of the boom).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2105

Or maybe your belt is worn, and the teeth are almost gone ??

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Dec 18, 2014, 06:02 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1,232 Posts
Hi Roland, I have some tail servos laying around and will try one when I get around to looking into it a little deeper. We had a couple days in the 50sF here in MN but now its back to the deep freeze. Everything looks normal, nothing bent /broken it was very strange to se it doing those piros while I am giving commands not to. No real damage apparent anyway. I probably wont investigate until I am going to d a bunch of heli work(which I have a bunch of). I will let you know what the verdict is and why it went a little crazy.
Jack