SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2014, 12:34 AM
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_P View Post
If you have not made a motor purchase yet I would like to amend the motor recommendation in my parts list. I have been using http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376 and they are simply awesome on 8x4.5 or 9x4.5 props.
Anyone have a link to this motor on the new site? Link appears to be broken.

Nick, is the package you posted in the beginning of this thread with the recommended hardware up to date with your current opinions ?

BTW, really nice work in this thread. You put a huge effort into this and it's greatly appreciated!

David
djborden is offline Find More Posts by djborden
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2014, 06:36 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
765 Posts
They are 1400kv motors,I only get about 7-8 minute flight times on a 2650 3S battery with these motors. I now use them on my tricopter and use lower kv on quads. Not sure what Nick's set up is with these.

http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-x2212-9-1400kv-ii.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by djborden View Post

Nick, is the package you posted in the beginning of this thread with the recommended hardware up to date with your current opinions ?

BTW, really nice work in this thread. You put a huge effort into this and it's greatly appreciated!

David
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Jan 08, 2014, 11:22 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djborden View Post

David
Most things are still correct except motors and tx/rx. I have switched to the 1400kv sunnyskys linked above by RC_Flying. They run well on 3s for most people but I really like them on 4s with HQpower 8x5 props. I switched over to tha taranis and use internal rf for proximity flying and dht external rf with 7db patch for medium range.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old Apr 01, 2014, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Frame length

Hi
What is the exact length of the frame from front to end? I cannot seem to figure out exactly where to join the 2 frame halves in the plan.
janfloris is offline Find More Posts by janfloris
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:27 PM
United States, NJ, Carteret
Joined Apr 2011
15 Posts
I was wondering does anyone know the actual length of this quad? I will like to build but do not know where to attach the two half. Being that i'm new to all this I will like to build it as close as possible. I'm in the process of building a CNC machine and until then I'll have to cut by hand. The spindle is all that i need to finish my CNC.
Jerseydog is offline Find More Posts by Jerseydog
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:41 AM
United States, MA, Tyngsborough
Joined Jan 2013
32 Posts
Length of quad

This quad frame measures about 13 3/4" end to end on the frame.
Capt. Ken
kenpappas is offline Find More Posts by kenpappas
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:18 PM
United States, NJ, Carteret
Joined Apr 2011
15 Posts
Thank you so much know I can try to build. I already have a frame cut but have to check to make sure the size is correct. If not I'll have to do it again.
Jerseydog is offline Find More Posts by Jerseydog
Old Aug 21, 2014, 05:50 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venlo
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
I am so going to make one of these, but i am going to try and integrate alot of the electric leads with sheet copper.
Maybe even if i get permission to sell a few with the modifications of the integrated electric conduits, but first i have to find someone who is willing to let me use there collumn dril.
Dianaranda is offline Find More Posts by Dianaranda