Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by raybea528
Ray
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 0 View Post
Looks good! I would agree on a taller tail with more height at the rear and a slope down towards the front edge . I have a Weasel Pro and a Wisel clone , both for slope.

What is the AUW?
Thanks! Just replaced the fin with a higher profile one. The AUW, with motor and 2200mah battery, is 38.4 oz which yields a wing loading of 6.2. Anxious to give it another go but it's raining today and tomorrow. Of course, I keep checking if there's a slight break! I've maidened planes in wind and snow and below freezing temps so what's a little rain!
raybea528 is offline Find More Posts by raybea528
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by raybea528
Ray
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2012
82 Posts
Added some holographic tape. Should help with orientation as I'm sure it will thermal out of sight!

Ray
raybea528 is offline Find More Posts by raybea528
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by hillflyer
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Apr 2008
8 Posts
Dave, I'm interested in building a fat weasel. Do you use a spar in the wing?
Thanks Dave C
hillflyer is offline Find More Posts by hillflyer
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:13 AM
Find More Posts by tomahl
Finland
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
I had to give the Wisel another try. Built one a couple of years ago (post #208), and when I made my self a new foam cutter I had to make a new Wisel. Along the years my building skills has somehow improved... I used blue foam this time, and it ended up ~50g heavier at about 360 g. Fuse and wingtips covered with paper and painted, the rest with tape.
The surfaces are a lot smoother, so I hope for better performance from this one. I smashed the other one in to the rocks so many times last summer trying to DS it so I had to put it on the shelf for good.
The fuse will be glued to the wing and the rubber bands removed. Only attached with rubber bands for cg testing

Regards,
Tommy
tomahl is offline Find More Posts by tomahl
Old Apr 14, 2015, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by goldguy
flyin' fool
Vancouver Island, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
7,588 Posts
That bi-directional tape on the LE will rot in the sun and then become a beast to remove. I cover mine up with colored tape.
goldguy is online now Find More Posts by goldguy