HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2014, 04:37 PM
Italy, Veneto, Verona
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
Feyutech FY41-AP Autopilot and Spektrum DX9

hi, I'm new on this forum but I practice this hobby from many years.

Recently I start-up with FPV.
My system is composed by:
- Durafly Skymule
- Spektrum DX9
- Autopilot FY41-AP
- Mobius camera
- TX-RX 5.8GHz

Is the first time I setup an FPV system and I have a problem with my FY41-AP:

Spektrum DX9 system works well with durafly Skymule ESC without using the autopilot, but when i connetc the Autopilot between Spektrum receiver and ESC, it happen that:
- in Manual Mode the ESC starts the motor also when gas stick is at minimum position. The same happens in 3D mode or Stabilization Mode.
- in RLT (Return To Launch) Mode the ESC stops the motor (instead i expect that ESC runs the motor). The same happens in Fixed Attitude Mode.

It seem that the Autopilot commands the ESC in the opposite mode than i suppose.

P.S. i'm sure to have setup flying modes correctly because i can read the current mode on OSD

Do you have any idea? Has someone found the same problem?

thanks in advance
FPVxfun is offline Find More Posts by FPVxfun
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2014, 03:26 PM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
hello have you tried the settings in the fy41ap on the osd, you can access them by flicking from ABM to 3D six times. it comes up on the display and move around the screen with the aileron and elevator controls your find a reverse control setting in there to.
as the fy41ap is basically taking over all the mixing that would normal be on the dx9
fx79 is offline Find More Posts by fx79
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
Italy, Veneto, Verona
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
in Manual Mode i solved by settig subtrim on DX9 to -150%. Now it works.

in RTL Mode i tried to bind with motor throttle set to 50% (failsafe position). Perhaps i couldnt test it, because the motors started unexpectly and the plane chrashed in to a wall. I destroied all the blades and the nose of the plase is a little broken (with a few of glue i can solve). Now i'm waiting the spare from HK
FPVxfun is offline Find More Posts by FPVxfun