HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2014, 12:47 PM
Joined Jul 2005
52 Posts
Discussion
Large Capacity Lipos

Hi Gents,

I've almost got my Skymaster Sabre dialled in, had a little prang today and ripped the gear out.
I'm running some Haiyin 20/30c lipos, 4 packs totalling 6600mah (12s)
they are puffing a bit now and need to be replaced

the weight of these with connectors comes out at over 2.2 kg, so looking for other options to bring the weight down a bit, but would like to keep the flight time.

Ideally would like to get down to using two high capacity packs

Seen Dinogy, Gensace, TP, what everybody using about 6000mah ??

Cheers

Wayne
Waggas is online now Find More Posts by Waggas
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 05:15 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,937 Posts
Contact Mark at Dinogy he has good batts that size.you can pm him he is Mark F here on rc groups.there is also a thread here on his batts.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 06, 2014, 08:58 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,462 Posts
For my 120mm sized EDFs, I use NeuEnergy 6200 mah. Light weight and powerful. He also has an 8300 mah cell which I use in the jets that can afford to carry the extra capacity.

Chris
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Oct 07, 2014, 05:05 AM
Electrified User
United States, MD, Aberdeen
Joined Aug 2012
146 Posts
I just picked up a couple of these Glacier 6000mah 30c's to use in my easytiger Mig-15. I have not had a chance to use em but I have heard nothing but good concerning Glacier batteries. They have larger capacities as well. The 6000mah ones I bought are actually a tad smaller and lighter than some 5000mah batteries I have been using.
Ashveratu is online now Find More Posts by Ashveratu
Old Oct 07, 2014, 06:47 AM
Joined Jul 2005
52 Posts
Thanks for your input Gents,

I'm over the pond in the UK so I have been trying to find UK suppliers of these local, but not much luck so far.

The best I have found is from Desire Power - 35C 6s 6200.

I will see if I can find Glaciers here in the UK, I think I saw they were the same units as Gensace.

Anybody here used the Desire Power range ??

Thanks Again

Wayne
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:34 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggas View Post

The lastest 6200 packs I picked up from Neu had the Desire Power label on them. They're good cells!

Chris
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:46 AM
Ísterreich, Stmk., Graz-Umgebung
Joined Sep 2011
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggas View Post
Thanks for your input Gents,

I'm over the pond in the UK so I have been trying to find UK suppliers of these local, but not much luck so far.

I will see if I can find Glaciers here in the UK, I think I saw they were the same units as Gensace.

Anybody here used the Desire Power range ??

Thanks Again

Wayne
Do you know these site: http://alienpowersystem.com/product-.../6s-batteries/

Regards, George

PS: i use 2x 6s 9.000mah 25c from red-power (fullymax) as 12s and they weight 2500g together.
GeorgeStyriaII is online now Find More Posts by GeorgeStyriaII
Old Oct 09, 2014, 03:50 AM
Joined Jul 2005
52 Posts
thanks for your replies Gents,

I've actually had a look around the Alien Power site before, more for large aerobatic conversions with their motors and speed controllers. A fella here in the UK was flying a 125" EF extra with their stuff. He was selling it, but the wife would have killed me, its such a huge plane.

I have ordered the Desire power batteries, and decided to go from a full ducted install to a half ducted install to keep the temps down on the batteries and ESC. plus I can lighten the installation with batteries mountin etc. Being a sabre its straight though ducting. The plan is to leave a gap just long enough to fit batteries in positions

The batteries are 155mm long, so leave that gap between the inlet duct and an Inlet ring on the Fan. the batteries would be fully in the air flow more for ventilation. I will probably stick the esc in the airflow like a knife blade so if gets air either side of it.

I worked it out, I will save about a pound in weight, with new batteries and simplified installation.

What you guys think ???