HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:50 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I just got up to find 9 PMs in my inbox.
<------ wearing big smile on face cause I'm one of them....Can't freaking wait!

Hey Chris, I have an idea that would help me out tremendously and probably bring you more business. (Not that you need it from the way sales are going )

I'm betting there's quite a few of us ready to make the jump from the toy to the hobby level, but really have no experience programing/setting-up the Tx hence keeping them from making the jump.

If you could make some sort of a "I just pulled my Armattan out of it's box and need to set-up Tx for flight" type of vid, I think quite a few more would jump. I've learned a ton from some of your vid's...Matter of fact; my charging set-up is a copy of yours. It (That Vid) gave me the confidence to pull the trigger on my current set-up after seeing how simple the B6-AC was to use....Thanks again!

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Awesome job on building these quads and offering them for sale. Really enjoying your Youtube Videos too. I was considering getting a HobbyKing Micro Quad V2 until realizing these quads were available. Keep up the great work.
Thumb Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Pilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
PM sent!!!
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Stuck at work for the day, gents. Will reply to youse this evening. Thanks for your patience.

Orders placed until now should be shipped within 2 weeks or less. Even those I have not replied to yet.

Further orders may be pushing on 3 weeks. FYI.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2008
404 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Smallest Multi quad....!!!

Hey Chris, thanks again for your unselfish contributions , its much appreciated....!!! What do you feel would be the smallest quad you could build with the same type metal fabrication you have been doing. I think alot of us would like to make a gradual transition from the "toy grade" quads to hobby grade and thinking maybe a 350/450 size might be a little too intimidating of a jump. Maybe something that would use 5 or 6 inch props and use 1000mah/1500mah 2s/3s lipos....!!!! Last question for now : ''After trying about everything that is out there what is your favorite quad at this point...? With the knowledge and skills you have at this point what would you go with....? Please keep up the good work and video`s, they are extremely helpful and very well explained...!!! P.S Any chance of finding or making plugs for the ends of the boom arms, it might help absorb some impact on crashing(just a thought)......!!!!

Thanks again........ AL.......
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Hi Al,

The smallest I would want to make with this material is probably around 270mm using motors with about 500 grams of thrust and 6 inch props. With such specs it would make for a little bomb. Of course, tamer motors could also be used.

As for end caps, yes, I'd like to find something but haven't yet. They can easily be fabricated using epoxy paste. This is something people can make on their own if they want to. Makes for a good rainy afternoon project.

As for making a pre-flight check video, it's a good idea. I will make one for sure. So far, I have made a video for every build I sold. People get a private unlisted video in which I show a flight demo and I run them through the KK2 and radio settings. I have done a video like this for everyone who bought a quad. When the quad is finished, I shoot a video and then I send my paypal info. If people like what they see, they pay for it and I ship. Now THAT is service! But perhaps making a video that could be used for everyone and just sending a brief flight demo along with it would save me repeating the same thing in every video.

Production is going well so far, I made 18 center plates yesterday. Will be working on making arms today and will be assembling some models this weekend. Those who were first to order can expect to receive their own private video this Saturday or Sunday. And those who only ordered frames should most likely have them shipped early next week.

I'll keep you posted, and I'll add a list of orders later to make sure I'm not forgetting anyone. I have a ton of PMs, it's quite ridiculous.

Off to work now.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:53 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
What do you mean ridiculous your the one who wanted to build a good quad it's not our fault that you have built a great quad I love my 339 but I am in need of a 456mm now

Cheers
Mate
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:39 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Been using Phoenix RC sim with the Gaui 330X quadcopter model. Is this a decent representation of real quad flight characteristics?

Very excited to be getting a custom Armattan quad built by Chris
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Pilot View Post
Been using Phoenix RC sim with the Gaui 330X quadcopter model. Is this a decent representation of real quad flight characteristics?

Very excited to be getting a custom Armattan quad built by Chris
Not sure about the quad sim. Never used one. But i think I know THIS will get you even more excited.

Shipping on Tuesday.

Guys, note that orders are made in order that PMs were received. I did say "PM me if you want one" and that's what I follow to organize myself; My pms. Some folks had a lot of questions and took a while to give me a "yes" I want one, and that's when your names were added to the list. Also, folks who ordered only frames will get their order shipped faster since I make the metal parts in series and it only takes ten minutes to assemble a frame.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best,
Chris

PS: Notice the "Armattan" label? Hehehe...
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts

Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Just try and find that kind of service somewhere else, I dare ya. Out-freaking-standing!

-Pat

P.S. Digging the new label as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
As for making a pre-flight check video, it's a good idea. I will make one for sure. So far, I have made a video for every build I sold. People get a private unlisted video in which I show a flight demo and I run them through the KK2 and radio settings. I have done a video like this for everyone who bought a quad. When the quad is finished, I shoot a video and then I send my paypal info. If people like what they see, they pay for it and I ship. Now THAT is service! But perhaps making a video that could be used for everyone and just sending a brief flight demo along with it would save me repeating the same thing in every video.
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Paypal payment sent .

Thanks for everything.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
OK, Just got up now and I have another 12 PM in my inbox. This is too much to manage with only 200 allowed PMs here, AND, I need to be better organized using email folders for "orders", "paid" , "shipped" etc.

In fact, I already made a mistake... The 381 pictured above is not supposed to be for Thumb Pilot. He likes it and he wants it anyways but he had actually ordered a smaller size.

So..... I created a Gmail account to use for the Armattan builds only. To all of you who placed an order, please be kind enough, if you read this, to email me the following information:

1- Real name and user name on RCGroups
2- Shipping Address
3- Order specifications: Spare parts, Size, etc.
4- Specify if you need instructions: RX setup, radio setup, KK2 setup
5- Date the order was confirmed

My new email addy is: armattanproductions (at) gmail (dot) com

I will reply to your emails the same day just to let you know I received your email, if anything. So if you do not receive a reply, PM me on here with your email address and I will email you.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread