SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2014, 03:52 AM
So where does this bit go???
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined May 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGIVEUP1 View Post
Whats a Tip Stall? Stall is a stall is a stall. Your too slow and ya pooched it!!!
Im gonna take a pill and have a beer
Hi IGIVEUP1,

Some light reading for you while you enjoy your beer. (We need a beer smiley here now!)

Wingtip stall (Tip stall) is unlikely to occur symmetrically, especially if the aircraft is maneuvering. As an aircraft turns, the wing tip on the inside of the turn is moving more slowly and is most likely to stall. As an aircraft rolls, the descending wing tip is at higher angle of attack and is most likely to stall. When one wing tip stalls it leads to wing drop, a rapid rolling motion. Also, roll control may be reduced if the airflow over the ailerons is disrupted by the stall, reducing their effectiveness.
Fascinating stuff eh?

Happy landings (and don't get into a flap over your flaps?? I'm sure you'll enjoy this one LOTS when you get it up. )
Redzed9 is offline Find More Posts by Redzed9
Last edited by Redzed9; Oct 08, 2014 at 04:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 09:44 PM
It's only money & foam...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jun 2012
983 Posts
So my much anticipated Spit I ordered a week ago came today as expected. Via the big brown truck. The excitement of opening that box for the first time is something I always look forward to. Like Christmas morning as a kid! After opening the box and soaking in that smell of a new plane I began to examine her. I'm gonna start off by saying "This Spitfire is absolutely AWESOME in every detail"! Why I dragged my feet on this one I will never know. I'm just glad I did decide to add this one to my hangar! Should have done it sooner. What a beauty! The paint, panel lines, decals, fit and finish is excellent! She's right up there with my "OLD CROW" in every detail. Tested all the electronics and everything works as it should. Can't wait to get this one built and in the air. Pics tomorrow.
P40flyer is offline Find More Posts by P40flyer
Old Oct 10, 2014, 05:26 AM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,678 Posts
Your gonna really enjoy her, P!

In the air she's every bit as nice as the Stang, on rails! She's a bit floatier on approach, especially with flaps deployed. In any wind, flaps aren't really needed on landings, just slight power on. Anyway, you'll feel her out quickly and enjoy!

Cheers!

Fergy
GFergy is offline Find More Posts by GFergy
Old Oct 10, 2014, 06:07 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,930 Posts
Finally got my new fuselage in the post today. Just finished the big swap and it looks great again. It was a fairly painless affair to be honest. The only issue is that HK were out of decal sheets, so perhaps there is another paint job in my near future.

Think I might get up early tomorrow and commit some aviation
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Oct 10, 2014, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFergy View Post
Your gonna really enjoy her, P!

In the air she's every bit as nice as the Stang, on rails! She's a bit floatier on approach, especially with flaps deployed. In any wind, flaps aren't really needed on landings, just slight power on. Anyway, you'll feel her out quickly and enjoy!

Cheers!

Fergy
Thanks for the tip G! Got the build done last night around 2 am. (What can I say....I was excited). First off, I want to say that this Spit looks great in all the pics I've seen BUT it looks even better in person. Durafly did a absolute stellar job on all the details. I like how the front lower air intake actually functions to keep things cool inside. Nice idea to not make it a dummy scoop like some other brands do. And the split flaps look great! I see there's a bit more room in the wheel wells for a slightly larger wheel if preferred. Another nice idea is the screw on vertical stabs. No glue needed. There was one slight goof up, though, with my Spit....... Somehow I ended up with 2 right hand guns! So I'm flying "gunless" on my maiden untill I can contact HK. Oh well..... Flight report to come.....
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:53 AM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
25 Posts
@ Redzed9

Sorry about my little rant! It wasnt only the problems with the poorly assembled wing. When I got to the fuselage there was a servo that needs to be replaced, a pushrod and tube that seem to be glued together and the thru tube support for the stabilizer is about 5 degrees off fuselage centerline meaning cutting it out and epoxy back in straight so it wont be rolling out of a loop.
Going to backup a page and install Metalgear servos on rudder and elevator and use the Ol ballpoint pen spring trick on the tailwheel steering to lessen servo shock and not be breaking the steering arm.
Cheers all!
IGIVEUP1 is offline Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Oct 18, 2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 05:51 AM
Joined Jun 2012
983 Posts
So after contacting HK in regards to the parts mix up with my two RH cannons, my package arrived today via 2nd day air. Thank you Hobby King!👍👍

Now I just need the wind & rain to stop for the maiden....
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,837 Posts
You will love it! I fly mine every chance I get! ----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
Joined Jul 2008
465 Posts
On my second one....first one was lost to combat over southwestern ontario..."don't they know they can't go swirling around looking for jerries, we can't afford to lose them like that" battle of britain movie quote...lol!
spiteful54 is offline Find More Posts by spiteful54