Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyv View Post
http://youtu.be/sCdnJhsJqD4

I love this kk2 board!
After seeing that smile on ya dial.... I'm gunna go put a battery through a quad right now..... wind speed 27kmh and I don't care.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:36 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Does anyone know how to arrange camera tilt from the transmitter as well as having the KK2 board stabilise it? Perhaps some sort of onboard mixer would work?
Set your endpoints to 120
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hi Guys Long Time on the kk2 Thread.... I just Migrated from a Tricopter to a Quad X ...I was very hopeful That I would get a better and more stable platform as compared to a tricopter as on a quad the motors are directly inline with the axes along which the platform is supposed to move...so I built a quad using the same arms I use for my tricopter..... I ended up with a quad with 50 cm arms so motor to motor distance is 1 meter diagonally.. the result was a pretty big quad...
having DT750 motors with pine wood arms...Hobby King F-30 amps flashed with simonk......5000mAH 20C 4s Turnigy pack...turnigy 9x...with a KK2 control board at the center with a quad X motor layout loaded and all the motors spinning in the right directions (M1 ->.....M2 <-.......M3->....and...... M4<-) all plugged in correctly...... the props are 10x4.7 from Hobby king (all balanced).............the PI settings are adequately tuned according to the videos shown in the starting of this thread...also I have successfully built and flown a tri-copter using the KK2..and It was very stable so I know how to tune the pi settings ...But I was still yearning for more stability so I jumped onto the quad bandwagon...... but even after everything was set up correctly ...when I flew my quad for the first time my quad was inadvertently yawing to the left...so I opened up receiver test and everything was set to zero...then I went to PI editor and increased the yaw P gain and doing that did not solve my problem...on the contrary It caused the motors to change speeds rapidly to maintain yaw orientation but still the craft yawed to the left ...I can upload a video in this regard but still I hope someone here can diagnose my problem....all my motors are working great with nice bearings and everything is fine with the moving parts and the power distribution...no solder problems ...the thrust provided by all motors is same...Is it a problem with the KK2 code v1.5.....I flew with this code by holding the yaw stick to the right and it flew well and stabilized well along the roll and pitch axes but it was very cumbersome to fly...I went to sensor test and it was fine....the temperature where I live hardly varies from 20*C to 35*C...so I don't see the temperature creating problems for the gyro....I tried to see if small offsets in the custom frame made by me caused a problem..So I checked the angles between the arms... all were 90 degs...also the points at which the motors are placed were perfectly at the corners of the square formed by the motor arms....so no problems with the frame either............ ..
The AUW is 1.7 KGs...
Edit: I tried to fly and then trim the yaw axes ...but changing the throttle again created the same problem ...decreasing the throttle below the trimmed throttle level yawed my craft to the right due to the trim ...and increasing the throttle beyond the trimmed value caused it to yaw left ....so please help me guys....
A Little attention here anyone....I am a bit desperate here.......
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:01 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Also do you hav a link to the pigtails you mentioned?
Here is a link. Wow they are expensive ($5 each) there.

I am not actually suggesting you use them, especially at that price. The point was that if you buy a set of pigtails they will all be the same (battery like or ESC like) and what you need to make an extension is a pair that have opposite colored wires like red wire on the large shell female (battery like) on one and black wire on the large shell female (ESC like) on the other. The ones I linked to are colored like an ESC, not like a battery, so they will plug correctly (color wise) into a battery, but not into an ESC.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
could you please post a picture of the bird and lets have a look and see if it's something in the mechanical setup. IE wiring, boad position, etc.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:17 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Thanks. I just wasn't sure which pigtails you meant. Got it. I already have the pack of connectors and wire for now so I'll keep using those, but I'm sure those will come in handy and save some soldering time too. Just have to find the lower cost pigtails. No biggie, and I made some of the corrections on the link from the video I made a while back to just to make sure they don't get plug the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
Here is a link. Wow they are expensive ($5 each) there.

I am not actually suggesting you use them, especially at that price. The point was that if you buy a set of pigtails they will all be the same (battery like or ESC like) and what you need to make an extension is a pair that have opposite colored wires like red wire on the large shell female (battery like) on one and black wire on the large shell female (ESC like) on the other. The ones I linked to are colored like an ESC, not like a battery, so they will plug correctly (color wise) into a battery, but not into an ESC.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:15 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like you might have three props of one type and 1 of the other...

err... vibrations? Got any of them?
What are your YAW PID settings (i.e. all of them)?
You've checked the tracking on your props? all good?

Not sure it makes a difference on KK2 but in your TX what's your gyro set to? above half way or below half way... (not that I think my KK2 actually cares about rate or HH modes like a heli does).
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
United States, MI, Traverse City
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
After seeing that smile on ya dial.... I'm gunna go put a battery through a quad right now..... wind speed 27kmh and I don't care.
WoW!! I would love to see a video of that!! keep smiling and have fun!!
Donnyv is offline Find More Posts by Donnyv
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Apr 2012
24 Posts
tri y4

hi , I would like to make a tricopter in y4 with kk2 I would like to know how are the two rear engines and propellers?thanks
rob222 is offline Find More Posts by rob222
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Set your endpoints to 120
Thanks, but not sure what you mean - change transmitter throw settings to give +120 and -120 on roll and pitch channels?

I was trying to get my camera gimbal to work this afternoon, but the servos only move to one end and stay there - changing settings in the KK2 didn't seem to make any difference. I've obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick somewhere!
GordonTarling is online now Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:15 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMOUSDUCKY View Post
Hello, I have been out of the hobby a while and decide to build myself a quad. Has anyone had problems with yaw drift? I have tried to research this problem, but only come up with tri yaw issues. Here is a pic of my set up, I am wondering if it has something to do with board placment.
I imagine that drift of any sort is usually one of two things:
- gyros not calibrated properly, this could come from moving the copter while the gyros are initializing / calibrating
- not enough "I" gain

Let us know what fixed it so that we can pass info along. (This goes for all problems. )

Also, I can imagine that the unequal length of your arms could result in different power applied for leveling which might be fighting the yawing.

Also, also, ideally you would measure all the motor distances and angles from the CG and use some trig to come up with slightly different numbers to go into the mixer editor.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:29 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob222 View Post
hi , I would like to make a tricopter in y4 with kk2 I would like to know how are the two rear engines and propellers?thanks
I never made one. Load the Y4 configuration and then do "show motor layout" to know what KK2 expects. Generally, left front rotates one way, right front rotates the other way, rear bottom rotates some way, and rear top rotates opposite of rear bottom.

One rear motor points straight up and the other points straight down.
Last edited by theothercliff; Jan 25, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:30 PM
***** on a stick
United Kingdom, England, Solihull
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
This is my new T-copter. I borrowed heavily from the Hallstudio design. All scratch built including the yaw assembly. Just need to think how I am going to attach the battery properly and fit an under-carridge.

Just flown it in the garage as the weather is crap outside. Now waiting on some F-30A ESC's from HK to flash to SimonK and assemble a camera gimbal on the front. Happy days!!

Name: CIMG1783.jpg
Views: 126
Size: 229.8 KB
Description:
seibernator is offline Find More Posts by seibernator
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:31 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
A wild guess is that you don't have enough "I" gain on yaw. That is exactly what "I" gain is for.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob222 View Post
Forget about Y4. Yaw authority is horrible.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors