rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:27 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
4 months to go

Who is bringin watt to fly at this event?
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:47 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
begining to roll .. got a sponsor . and people are starting to send pics and ask questions.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:25 AM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
I've pencilled it in on the calender. Looking forward to it!
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:17 AM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Gwright, got a picture of what youre bringin to fly?
Old Jun 09, 2011, 11:18 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
That's so far in the future I can't say now,.. but here's a couple pics of the stuff I recently took to the tuscaloosa flyin. There are a few things not in the frame.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Looks like a good variety of aircraft, just what we like to see. It is a ways off, I might have several new ones and have given some I have now, their last rights by then
Denny
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
oooooohh,.. just saw this is only one day, and on a sunday. That's sort of strange,.. work on monday, three hour drive each way,..hmmm. might have to get out the eraser for the calender
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
strange? whats strange?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:48 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
succsessful events are normally on saturday,.. leaving sunday afternoon for travel for those that have driven. Good events normally start as Saturday,.. and morph into fri/sat/sun events as people drive friday morning, fly that afternoon, all day saturday which becomes the "big day", then leave early in the afternoon sunday to drive home.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Well, actually, I have been to many great events that were on Saturday. Maybe saying Sunday is not good for you or maybe some others might be appropriate. Only the good ones and only the sucessful ones start on Saturday? Sorry, cant agree with that. Now some types of events like this one might be better on a Saturday, and that is always an option. So far you are the only person that has had an issue with the date and also I assume you consider only two day events as successful? If people prefer a Saturday or a two day event, we will of course consider that. We decided that since there are so many Saturday (successful) events here, we would give the people that work Saturdays a chance to participate. We are always open to constructive criticism as a matter of fact, we seek it. So, if that is what your post was meant to be... well, didnt sound like a suggestion. If anyone has any input as far as the date or the number of days or anything else, we would like to know. There is a thread on Wattflyer asking for just that, what you would like to see from an all electric event. I dont consider myself an expert at all electric events. If anyone has constructive comments, please share them.
Thanks, Denny
Last edited by tenacious101010; Jun 14, 2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: I cant spill worth a darn!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:16 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
while most events do saturday.. i have heard a few people wish they were on sunday. as a lot of people work on saturday. but in todays world i have seen those that are off during the week and can't attend any events.

i have also been to those three dayers , and some really cool stuff showed up on Sunday for just that reason.

I am sure it will be a sucessful event and will most likely grow to a multiday event. that location,feild, and support will naturally allow it to do that.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:09 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
Ok,.. sorry for the wording ,.. I should have left out the word "succsessful". I realize reading it back now the way it sounded,.and that was not the intent.

I only go to a couple dozen events per year, anywhere from 2 to 12 hour's drive from home,.. and I can't remember ever going to a single day event that was on a sunday except some local "club members only" type stuff. I'll plan to make the drive as I do love flying,.. but some "constructive criticism" would be that it's difficult to make an event that is only sunday due to driving distances. It might be that the intent is a smaller local gathering,..which in some ways can be much better than a large event,.. and it's easy to understand sunday-only in that situation. If the intent is to start a repeating event,.. it might be worth considering sat/sun or fri/sat/sun.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:27 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Gary. This is the first all-electric event my partner and I have organized. We realized what a great venu we had here and that there was nothing quite like it in the area so we dove in to make this event happen. I am sure this first one will be quite a learning experience and n most likely we will make some mistakes. We want this to be a regional event, there are plenty of club only events, but I never care to attend any of them. I like to see new things and new people. If its better that the event be on Saturday, then we will do that, if we have a good response and people want a 2 day event, thats great too. We just didnt want to get too crazy yet (it may be too late for us on that one). If enough people preferred it on a Saturday, then we could easily change the date. I just dont know if we will have enough people for a 2 day event. Those are the reasons we did the other threads, to find out what people wanted. It looks like you are about 77 miles from us, we would be glad to have you join the fun and maybe we could learn from you. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Denny
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
closer than I thought,.. I normally think of "tampa" as three hours drive, but that's normally to the coastal areas and I see you're on the east side now that I look at the map,.. mapguess says door to door is 116 miles. Very doable for a day, and not even two hours!