HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2010, 01:10 PM
Joined May 2010
2 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Tree Flight Data Recorder V2 Firmware Issues

Hi All,

Today I was having some problems with incorrect data being displayed from my Flight Data Recorder V2 when connected via USB to the Data Recorder Application. Since I hadn't used the recorder in a long time, I figured that the Firmware version might be the problem, so I went to the Firmware Control box, where it directed me to take the firmware from a higher version (5.94 or something like that, can't quite remember) to something like 5.54. I did so, and the update read as being complete on the computer, but the LED is still on on the recorder and no data is being displayed. I haven't disconnected it for fear that it might wipe the recorder and render it inoperable. Any suggestions, especially from Bill with Eagle Tree? I am using the Data Recorder Application V5.12 on a Windows XP machine. Thanks!

James
jp8weaver is offline Find More Posts by jp8weaver
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
This still happens "once in a blue moon" with eLogger V2's that are on a very old firmware version, and are then updated to the latest. The only remedy is for us to try to reflash it for you here, or give you an upgrade discount on a new V3. If you can open a ticket at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, we can figure something out for you.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 01, 2010, 07:20 AM
Joined May 2010
2 Posts
Hi Bill,

Actually, I opened a ticket with Eagle Tree, and the individual who did the ticket recommended that I get the latest beta version of your software (8.53). He also told me to remove the battery from the Data Recorder when I updated the firmware, and it worked!! My recorder is back up and running, and so is my dashboard! Thank you guys so much!!

James
jp8weaver is offline Find More Posts by jp8weaver
Old Jun 01, 2010, 12:52 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Oh, that's a huge relief. Great news!!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor