HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,692 Posts
Actually I should have clarified, if I remember correctly, it was a flashing red light next to a solid green light.
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Actually I should have clarified, if I remember correctly, it was a flashing red light next to a solid green light.
FYI:
LED Indication:

Green Red Status

Solid Solid = Initializing

Off Solid = No signal reception

Solid Off = Receiving signals

Blink Off = Receiving signals but ID is unmatched

Alternate blink = Unrecoverable error (EEPROM)
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,692 Posts
right, so that is in the manual as well (except the Alternate blink) but it doesn't explain what I thought I saw which was solid green and blinking red. Ok, if it happens again I'll catch it on tape...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Flashing red means your transmitter is not on. There are no error codes or anything else and unfortunately Futaba does not offer the critically valuable glitch counter like most other brands.

DJ, your antenna layout looks great, and range should be at least double the distance you can see - on the order of 1-5 miles depending on terrain and Wifi, and should be similar to Spek, though likely greater. I think you must have something on the quad causing interference but it could be a broken antenna wire or other issue. Try the RX in a plane and/or a different RX in the quad.
I'm going to try a different Rx, different S.bus cable and start there
John at Futaba said if it goes 1000feet there isn't anything wrong "per Futaba"
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
I'm going to try a different Rx, different S.bus cable and start there
John at Futaba said if it goes 1000feet there isn't anything wrong "per Futaba"

I'd like to hear how Futaba sponsored Bobby Watts can do a full collective punch out on his Heli's until they are a spec in the sky clearly going well beyond the "Futaba claimed 1000ft acceptable range" and still fly.

If they told Bobby his max range was 1000 feet he'd be flying Spektrum

Can anyone tell I'm beyond irritated with Futabas answer to my range concern...
:lol:
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:55 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
I had spectrum tell me that they only guaranty 150ft on there land systems. I was getting 175 to 200 ft at best. I switched to a futaba land radio and got 1500+ ft. I had 4 different spectrum land systems and they all had horrible range. I have now had 4 different futaba land systems and they all have had superb range.
Had lock outs and brown outs with my spectrum aero systems and never a glitch in over 10k flights with my futaba systems. I get over 1 mile range in with my 617, 6108sb, and my 6208sb receivers ( my road is over a mile long and dead straight, that's how l tested mine with one person at one end and me at the other)
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I had spectrum tell me that they only guaranty 150ft on there land systems. I was getting 175 to 200 ft at best. I switched to a futaba land radio and got 1500+ ft. I had 4 different spectrum land systems and they all had horrible range. I have now had 4 different futaba land systems and they all have had superb range.
Had lock outs and brown outs with my spectrum aero systems and never a glitch in over 10k flights with my futaba systems. I get over 1 mile range in with my 617, 6108sb, and my 6208sb receivers ( my road is over a mile long and dead straight, that's how l tested mine with one person at one end and me at the other)
Spectrum is the tecnology, Spektrum is the brand,, Futaba have spectrum tecnology
FASST = Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
I want to use my 8FG with my Realflight 5.5 Do I just need the Futaba adapter? (other than what came in my Realflight box).

I used my DX7 with my Realflight, I just can't remember how I did it. I thought it went through the Interlink somehow. I want to make sure I have everything I need other than the Futaba adapter.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Spectrum is the tecnology, Spektrum is the brand,, Futaba have spectrum tecnology
FASST = Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology
I know its my spell check that changed it.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
So walked out and did a power down range test, netted me about the "30 paces" I'm unsure but would like to know the Exact # of feet they require the test to be because Even the manual says 30-50 paces... That's almost DOUBLE the "required testing distance"

Basically the green light flashes meaning it is receiving the signal but the "ID" is unmatched.

W-T-F does that mean
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Basically the green light flashes meaning it is receiving the signal but the "ID" is unmatched.

W-T-F does that mean
that means the reciver is reciving a signal from a futaba radio but is not binded, when the reciver bind to a particular radio creat a ID so no other radio con use that RX
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
Don't take your guns to town
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,603 Posts
DJ, the range of any wireless device is dependent on *everything*. In the case of the 8FG it could be anywhere from 1 inch to 1000 miles depending entirely on your setup. That's why they don't give hard numbers and err on the short side for minimum values.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,377 Posts
Quote:
I'd like to hear how Futaba sponsored Bobby Watts can do a full collective punch out on his Heli's until they are a spec in the sky clearly going well beyond the "Futaba claimed 1000ft acceptable range" and still fly.

If they told Bobby his max range was 1000 feet he'd be flying Spektrum

Can anyone tell I'm beyond irritated with Futabas answer to my range concern...
:lol:
last year in the Orlando Heli Blowout, Kurtis Youngblood pass the clouds in day time also at night flying, hell that was very impresive, i dont remember what radio he was using but i know he have now some kind of a hybrid made from him with the rudder like a dial integrated in the cyclic stick, Bobby was using a 8FG and that was my final slap in the face to get my 8FG and sell my old 7C, but I didnt see Boby going as far as Kurtis,

any1 from here is going this year ?? I already got my airline pass and hotel reservations !
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Can anyone help? I thought my question would be an easy fly ball for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
I want to use my 8FG with my Realflight 5.5 Do I just need the Futaba adapter? (other than what came in my Realflight box).

I used my DX7 with my Realflight, I just can't remember how I did it. I thought it went through the Interlink somehow. I want to make sure I have everything I need other than the Futaba adapter.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:46 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Can anyone help? I thought my question would be an easy fly ball for someone.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simulator-Ad...item4cfbc21da0