Old Jul 01, 2014, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by JoshB
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Question
VVRC 20cc gas engine?

Just curious if anyone has or knows someone that has one of these engines. They look identical to the DLE 20 which is how I found it by searching. Looking for a small gasser and the 20 size should work great.

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/v...FQIT7AodtVYAzA
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2014, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,155 Posts
I have one on a Super Stearman. Runs great. Starts easily and is very smooth.
It is light weight to. I used to have a DLE 20 (crash damaged it), The VVRC runs smoother than the DLE did with no break in needed. You'll love it.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Jul 01, 2014, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by JoshB
Novice in training
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
I've read that online about the dle too. That's hard to believe (not doubting you of coarse) being dle has been around longer. I also read that they were designed by the same people but the VVRC was a refined version. Is it true they come with a2 year warranty also?
Old Jul 01, 2014, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I've read that online about the dle too. That's hard to believe (not doubting you of coarse) being dle has been around longer. I also read that they were designed by the same people but the VVRC was a refined version. Is it true they come with a2 year warranty also?
I don't know about who designed what, but the VVRC 21 is more refined than the DLE. I had an older one so maybe the new DLE 20RA is better than they were before.??
Yes, the VVRC has a 2 year warranty.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Jul 01, 2014, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by JoshB
Novice in training
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Cool deal thanks. I've only seen a couple bad reports on them online which is why I ask on here. Wanted the pros opinions. : )
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by Lifer
Kansas City
Joined Apr 2010
652 Posts
Ad my support on the VVRC 20. Runs great, smooth and powerful.
Lifer is offline Find More Posts by Lifer
Old Jul 02, 2014, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
United States, CO, Oxford
Joined Feb 2012
580 Posts
I have two of them. I just started having problems this weekend with one. Started making sound when running, think it is the front bearing or crank. I have about 20 flights on it. Had 2 dead sticks on it this weekend first ever. Got the plane back. I also noticed the hole prop shaft and front bearing moved back and forth when it was hot after running. Calling VVRC today.

I have a DLE 20 also. It runs great with no problems so far. Valley view has the DLE20 on sale for $224. I would spent the extra $25.
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
Old Jul 02, 2014, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by JoshB
Novice in training
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER View Post
I have two of them. I just started having problems this weekend with one. Started making sound when running, think it is the front bearing or crank. I have about 20 flights on it. Had 2 dead sticks on it this weekend first ever. Got the plane back. I also noticed the hole prop shaft and front bearing moved back and forth when it was hot after running. Calling VVRC today.

I have a DLE 20 also. It runs great with no problems so far. Valley view has the DLE20 on sale for $224. I would spent the extra $25.
Let us know what you find out about your engine. I'll give the DLE a look too. Still haven't decided what to do on it.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 09:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
580 Posts
I had a chance to remove and inspect the engine this week. The engine is the older XYZ 20cc. I have had it for 3 1/2 years. They sold the XYZ before they put VVRC on them. Same engine. Looks like the front bearing is wore out and needs to be replaced. I would say this is common with any China made RC engine. Not sure if DLE would have better bearing's or not?

I replaced the engine with a newer VVRC engine I have and it runs great. I think the VVRC engines are a good engine for the price.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by radfordc
United States, KS, Lansing
Joined Jan 2002
1,749 Posts
I've got 15 flights on mine so far. You can see how it runs here:

Charlies 20 cc mustang (4 min 17 sec)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_48EbAn-uE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
radfordc is offline Find More Posts by radfordc
Old Jul 04, 2014, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by eleft36
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2014
6 Posts
I just the received the VVRC 21 lp, had it running on my stand, on and off, for about an hour. It started up right out of the box, it was a tad rich at idle. Runs great, idle against the preset stop screw @ 2100. 93 octane 32:1 Stihl synthetic 2 cycle oil. Waiting on the Sig four star 120 kit. Muffler is a bit loud.

Al
eleft36 is offline Find More Posts by eleft36
Last edited by eleft36; Jul 05, 2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add RC
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by JoshB
Novice in training
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Nice flying radfordc. Looks like it performs very well. I think I'm going to pull the trigger so to speak and order one.

Talking about the bearings I wonder if the DLE and VVRC are interchangeable? I know some parts are but haven't seen anyone talking about the bearings.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by sthill
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined May 2011
89 Posts
I swapped out an early DLE 20 for a VVRC 20 and am super happy with the VVRC 20. Very reliable, great idle and holds a tune well. This engine is a great find from a very helpful company!
sthill is offline Find More Posts by sthill
Old Jul 06, 2014, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by edwin1
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
3,654 Posts
I have the older straight up spark plug engine. It's the only gas engine I ever had that worked straight out of the box. I only have about 4 tanks through mine, and lost the plane it was on last week. But it was coming along fine, better than my dle. So it will go in the stick to keep putting time on it. I'd sure much rather have the angled rcexcel plugged engine.
Edwin
edwin1 is offline Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:06 AM
Joined Feb 2012
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Let us know what you find out about your engine. I'll give the DLE a look too. Still haven't decided what to do on it.
It's been awhile but I got around to sending my engine back to VVRC. A few days later they called and said the front bearing had spun, came loose? As I take it, it failed. They replaced the bottom end and used my head, piston and carb. Good thing because I already had a Bowman ring in it.

I would say there service is great! The engine is 3 1/2 yrs old with low use and they fixed it anyway. Also the VVRC and DLE20 are different engines and take different bearings. I will buy from VVRC because of there service.