|Nov 20, 2004, 02:01 PM|
Some pictures of my modified Super Flying Models Eindecker.
The plane cost only $110. It is an ARF. I have an OS .46 FX in it.
The kit accessories were pretty cheesy, so I went about modifying the plane.
Changes I have made:
1. Replaced wheels with Williams Brother WWI era wheels. Painted black/white pattern.
2. Replace cheap plastic machine gun with Williams Brothers' Spandau machine gun
3. Replaced cheap plastic pilot with a hand painted PerfectPilot. Added long white scarf.
4. Refinished prop and added Axial logos with inkjet decal paper.
5. Scratch built wing support structure and "cables".
6. Scratch built windshield.
7. Repainted cowl and added fuel point.
Still to do:
1. Build correct horizontal and vertical stabs for Eindecker.
2. Recover fuse, Eindecker did not have exposed fuse as depicted on current model.
3. Build bottom wing wire support structure.
4. Continued modification of cowl.
Its a work in progress. I am enjoying the process, and I still get to fly her between upgrades.
|Nov 10, 2006, 05:15 AM|
Joined Oct 2002
I am considering one myself and was hoping to see how scale those aileron and other control surfaces are comparing it too the full size one?
Also, what is the typical ready to fly weight of this model as I am considering to power it with Electric power....
|Nov 10, 2006, 02:47 PM|
Joined Nov 2006
luftadler, nice job on the elder/eindecker, I've owned and flown a few of those planes and they fly great. I know the arf kit your talking about and I didn't get it because of the cheese factor. The top flite elder was what that was patterned after and that kit flys nice. The heck with scale anyway when the plane wasn't realy meant to be. As long as it flys well what the heck. I had a 60 fourstroke on mine ant it was a blast. Had a mid air with it and its no longer arround. In the future I plan to build a bigger one perhaps a 120 size on floats wayne
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wattage Fokker Eindecker EIII 400 ARF. Anyone?||Dampy||Parkflyers||15||Sep 13, 2003 07:36 PM|
|Fokker Eindecker E. 111 / Arf NIB||Lammergier||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Sep 08, 2003 06:11 PM|
|Fokker Eindecker revived||butcherbird||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||17||May 26, 2003 06:53 PM|
|Fokker Eindecker 400||Flounder||Parkflyers||2||Sep 16, 2002 06:35 AM|