HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 08:24 AM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,649 Posts
New Product
Hobby King DC-3 Cockpit upgrade

This cockpit upgrade fits the Hobby King DC-3 / C-47. In the thread I’ll show how you apply it to the model. This is a simple assembly project that will give your model a more accurate DC-3 shape and have something to see in the windows. Ghost ships are just creepy.
Here is the link to the website.
sparks is offline Find More Posts by sparks
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:25 AM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,649 Posts
The stock canopy shape is closer to a DC-7 due to its swept windshield and was an easy fix. I wish I could have fixed the nacelles (too long) cowl flaps (looks like a bent windmill) and cowl (length) and motor detail too small.
The problem is the nacelles are a function of CG for this model. It didn’t dawn on me till I seen how robust the cowls are. Why are they so thick and heavy . . . .CG, Duh! This is also why they the nacelles are so long. Given that the slots for the motor mount plates are molded in the foam I decided all this was enough to not try to “scale up” the nacelles.
Old Today, 08:26 AM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,649 Posts
Start with cutting off the seats from the hatch piece.
Old Today, 08:28 AM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,649 Posts
Cockpit liner
Trim the panels that will line the inside of the cockpit. Typically heat builds up in the cockpit in the summer causing the interior foam to “alligator”. This liner will prevent that.
Ride the knife along the inside corners with light pressure to cut the plastic free.
Along the glare shield trim to the cut lines. We don’t want it to interfere with the canopy fit.