I'm new here.

Hope you'll help me.

I bought this gimbal:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251739383578

Under the controller is written:
"GLB V3.1 2 axis"

I got strange shaking only in one axis(pitch), you can see it here:
Ebay gimbal problem (0 min 3 sec)

I change the motor and set this on GUI and I got the same issue on the other axis. Is it say that the problem is on controller? can I reset it or change firmware?

I'm really don't know what to do next.
Help please.
max_p is offline Find More Posts by max_p
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:02 PM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts
Someone??
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:24 PM
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
I had very similar problems with mine. Make 100 percent sure its balanced without power before you start anything. I followed the tips in this thread and have mine working perfect now. Post #22 is the one you want to look at. Make sure you have the correct version of GUI and most likely you need the hacked firmware. If you dont get it going post again and id be happy to help with the bit ive recently learned with this gimbal. I use it for mobius and gopro and with some tuning it takes great images
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2038366&page=2
flyslikearock is online now Find More Posts by flyslikearock
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:47 PM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslikearock View Post
I had very similar problems with mine. Make 100 percent sure its balanced without power before you start anything. I followed the tips in this thread and have mine working perfect now. Post #22 is the one you want to look at. Make sure you have the correct version of GUI and most likely you need the hacked firmware. If you dont get it going post again and id be happy to help with the bit ive recently learned with this gimbal. I use it for mobius and gopro and with some tuning it takes great images
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2038366&page=2
1. how do I balance without power? (you need picture?)
2. how do I check for correct GUI and firmware?

Thank you very much!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:16 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
First thing I would suggest is identify the control board you are dealing with. From my travels I have came across 2 main ones used in these cheap gimbals. Does it look just like the one in the pic I will attach? If so thats the cloned Martinez board or a BGC 2.0/2.1 board and has the hacked firmware. So whats your board look like? For the balance you want the camera to sit level in both directions when no power is applied. you should be able to move the gimbal and the camera should stay mostly flat WITHOUT POWER You might need to move left or right or even add a small dab of weight somewhere. Just make sure it hangs nice and level. One motor notch in any direction off is no big deal. Also make sure your IMU board is secure still and that its wires are free from touching motors or motor wires. My IMU wire floats free off the one side away from all components. That was a fine detail in the final tuning of mine was wire routing.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:38 AM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts

Yes. it's the same board (just in black color).

Second, I success to level the camera without power but after I plug it in , it have the same problem. (attach pic of level camera without power)

The IMU is located with screws (I attach pic)

Thank you very much!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:00 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
Very good. Here is a link to the correct GUI and firmwares that I used to get up and working.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for..._GUI_2_2b2.zip
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:07 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
Dont get discouraged through the process! I absolutely drove myself crazy and even got fed up and tossed the whole mess in the trash at one point. It can and will work for you just be patient. I have set up a few now and they have all exhibited a similar problem at one point or another. Usually after the power is set to low and you fly hard. After I get them set up and happy the seem to continue working well thereafter. For a $50 gimbal they are simply fantastic
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:14 AM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts
another problem

When I connect through the program I got this message (0.jpg)

after that I try to upgrade firmware and it's stop to work (1-2.jpg)

What to do next?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:23 AM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts

Never mind.
I done it through another program and it done.

What to do now?which settings to write to it?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:32 AM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts
another

I put the settings that I saw somewhere on forum and it still has the same problem,
What is your advice?

(When I switched the cables of motors I got the issue on the other motor so that means the motors is fine, and something with board/software is wrong...)

Thank you
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:33 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_p View Post
Never mind.
I done it through another program and it done.

What to do now?which settings to write to it?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=6199095

The stock setting are here in a PDF. These should get you pretty darn close. There is a good youtube video I watched also that helped a lot. Ill try and locate it for you. When you calibrate it dont toutch it at all. Let it do the calibration hanging limp dont try and force it to be exact level. This is part of why you need it balanced right.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:38 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
Do you have the button se to calibrate? I set the first 1 click for calibration. Power up the gimbal hit the red button on board and it should go limp. When it calibrates it should stay basicaly there maybe twitch just a hair as it starts stabilizing. What does your so if you try this?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:41 AM
Joined Mar 2015
18 Posts

I try this and still the same problem...
It's really bad feeling...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:08 AM
Joined Apr 2014
240 Posts
Dont throw it yet. Okay, so it has the right firmware and looks like its balancing on its own and the imu wires look reasonable. The problem in you clip looks like a pitch issue so power the gimbal and hook the usb up. Connect it and drop your pitch motor P value on your PID. Also try lowering the power for pitch motor. Dont forget to write your paramaters while testing