HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 05:31 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined May 2011
194 Posts
@Alex
After watching your videos on making the dipole i was wondering if a dipole can me made just by adding the second element to a sander style whip like this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Upgrade_.html

Am guessing the length would have to be 6 and quarter so the sander would need to be trimmed down a bit.
??
Thanks again.
furnibird is offline Find More Posts by furnibird
Last edited by furnibird; Mar 22, 2015 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2014
61 Posts
It's spring time and time for some fpv. I always thought it was my old 250mW 5.8 fatshark TX that had poor range. But now im rocking a 600mW and i still get this static & some kind of interference. This run is like 150meters in total so really close range.
Quad ride - 002 (4 min 28 sec)


Or could it be the 32 channel boscam reciever module for my Fatshark Dominator V2.2?

Is it time for a power filter? I power the TX directly from the battery without anything.
Doomboy is offline Find More Posts by Doomboy
Last edited by Doomboy; Mar 22, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:08 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furnibird View Post
@Alex
After watching your videos on making the dipole i was wondering if a dipole can me made just by adding the second element to a sander style whip like this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Upgrade_.html

Am guessing the length would have to be 6 and quarter so the sander would need to be trimmed down a bit.
??
Thanks again.
That works. I did this in my video tutorial.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:11 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomboy View Post
It's spring time and time for some fpv. I always thought it was my old 250mW 5.8 fatshark TX that had poor range. But now im rocking a 600mW and i still get this static & some kind of interference. This run is like 150meters in total so really close range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjSfvNWHBcc

Or could it be the 32 channel boscam reciever module for my Fatshark Dominator V2.2?

Is it time for a power filter? I power the TX directly from the battery without anything.
That looks like multipathing to me. However, it doesn't seem all that bad if you ask me. You seem to get hit briefly every once in a while. I would suggest going out farther if you can and see if it gets better. Sometimes multipathing is less with more distance.

Also, what antennas are you running? There might be some gain to be had from different antenna selection.

Finally, I don't know what you're settings on your flight controller are, but it looks like your I-gain is a little low on pitch and roll. The vehicle seems to be drifting and when you yaw, it rolls outside.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 02:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2014
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
That looks like multipathing to me. However, it doesn't seem all that bad if you ask me. You seem to get hit briefly every once in a while. I would suggest going out farther if you can and see if it gets better. Sometimes multipathing is less with more distance.

Also, what antennas are you running? There might be some gain to be had from different antenna selection.

Finally, I don't know what you're settings on your flight controller are, but it looks like your I-gain is a little low on pitch and roll. The vehicle seems to be drifting and when you yaw, it rolls outside.

-Alex
Thanks for the quick answer. Im running a pair of antennas from Banggood. Thinking about buying those classic red and black antennas from ImmersionRC.

My pids are stock Naze32 defaults, still a newbie that havent figured it out, this was the first time flying rate mode.
Doomboy is offline Find More Posts by Doomboy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:15 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined May 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
That works. I did this in my video tutorial.

-Alex
Thanks. I think I will just buy a coil and semi ridged.
furnibird is offline Find More Posts by furnibird
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:35 PM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined May 2011
194 Posts
What are your thoughts on this dipole @alex ?
http://www.fpvmodel.com/hawkeye-uhf-...enna_g847.html
furnibird is offline Find More Posts by furnibird
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 02:32 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furnibird View Post
What are your thoughts on this dipole @alex ?
http://www.fpvmodel.com/hawkeye-uhf-...enna_g847.html
I never tried it. It looks ok, but I can only speculate.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 02:33 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomboy View Post
Thanks for the quick answer. Im running a pair of antennas from Banggood. Thinking about buying those classic red and black antennas from ImmersionRC.

My pids are stock Naze32 defaults, still a newbie that havent figured it out, this was the first time flying rate mode.
Turn your I-gain up by 70% or more. It will handle much better. Trust me on this one.

Immersion antennas will certainly help more than the Banggood ones. Of course, for another $10 you could buy a BlueBeam cloverleaf and a 3 turn helical and have 4X the range.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2015, 02:52 AM
Registered User
katman1260's Avatar
Joined Aug 2013
399 Posts
Alex,
you are the frequency master. Are these of any use for detecting 2.4Ghz noise in the area? I recently had a non responsive 2.4Ghz control issue and the prevailing theory is high wifi interference.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Freq...item46370657ff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171365764768...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers, Rob.
katman1260 is offline Find More Posts by katman1260
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2015, 08:58 AM
Getting Somewhere :D
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
789 Posts
I have a noob question here,
I'm trying to set up a 1.2 Video with 433 control and well, my screen is going crazy (due to harmonics)
My video is on Channel C (1360) and my OpenLRS (Orange RX) Tx is fixed to transmit between 425 and 430 Mhz and there is still half crazy screens.

Any ideas on how to reduce or even eliminate the harmonics intereference?
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Hello,
I looking for a fpv configuration for a drone and a plane.
My drone is a blade 350qx and I won't go very far away with it.
With the plane, on the other side, I would like to fly away 1km or more.

I've read immersion tx/rx are nice and I'm thinking on these:
For goggles I don't know if something like Quanum will be enough:
I will also need a GPS OSD module:
For antennas:I have serious doubts about:
  • camera
  • cables to wire everything

The drone and the plane work with 3S 2200 batteries.

I hope someone can help me a little since I'm quite new in this world.

Thank you very much.
guille_sub is offline Find More Posts by guille_sub
Last edited by guille_sub; Today at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 PM
Registered User
DanT's Avatar
San Angelo TX.
Joined Feb 2006
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guille_sub View Post
Hello,
I looking for a fpv configuration for a drone and a plane.
My drone is a blade 350qx and I won't go very far away with it.
With the plane, on the other side, I would like to fly away 1km or more.

I've read immersion tx/rx are nice and I'm thinking on these:
For goggles I don't know if something like Quanum will be enough:
I will also need a GPS OSD module:
For antennas:I have serious doubts about:
  • camera
  • cables to wire everything

The drone and the plane work with 3S 2200 batteries.

I hope someone can help me a little since I'm quite new in this world.

Thank you very much.
IMO stay away for cheap Hobby King goggles remember the goggles help with sharpness and get a good camera like a CCD try this one I fly it.
http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv
There are cheaop goggles out their toooooo.
But remember expensive goggles have (( more lines on screen !!)) more lines better the picture from goggles...
Oh, if you buy goggles you won't need a receiver most come with them installed in goggles.
DanT
DanT is offline Find More Posts by DanT
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guille_sub View Post
Hello,
I looking for a fpv configuration for a drone and a plane.
My drone is a blade 350qx and I won't go very far away with it.
With the plane, on the other side, I would like to fly away 1km or more.
The good news about those cheap Quanum goggles is that they work incredibly well, considering the price tag ($30-). Yes, you can fly FPV with them. From a flight ops perspective though you'd be better off with mid to high end conventional FPV goggles.

The G-OSD 3 units, like the Quanum goggles, work incredibly well, again considering the price tag. The wandering letter "H" homing beacon though is an inferior method -- you'll find yourself hunting for it precisely when you need it most. Also, the display washes out against bright background or cloud. There's lots of better options towards the budget end of the scale. I started out with these G-OSD 3 units myself, after which my next step up was to the Cyclops Breeze Pro. While the Breeze Pro has been somewhat orphaned by its own successors (Cyclops Storm, Cyclops Tornado), it's still widely sold and does a good job. Also, there are lots of other cheap but good options, including cheaper than the Breeze Pro. I can't tell you about them because I haven't tried them. Anyway, speaking as a satisfied G-OSD 3 user myself, I would suggest nonetheless starting out one or two notches further up the scale.
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 PM
Gary
glmccready's Avatar
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,647 Posts
guille: If you are in the USA>>>Personally I'd buy from Ready Made RC, esp the Immersion stuff, as it is the same price. They sell and support Alex, and the prices are good. Hobby King is horrible if you have a problem. I have had major problems with HK twice, when they didn't take care of things, and had to file a compliant with Paypal or credit card. I still deal with Hobby King because they are so cheap on some items. but know if I have a problem with something they are tough to deal with.
Ready Made is much easier to deal with, and a US company, based in Ohio.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion How to calculate flight time - guide ikorman Multirotor Talk 15 Feb 01, 2015 10:12 PM
Discussion How many FPV pilots in the world? rbmaze FPV Talk 10 Aug 03, 2011 06:16 AM
Poll Would you be interested in buying Ready to Fly FPV airplanes from a new FPV store? FPVNOW FPV Aircraft 36 Oct 06, 2010 08:56 PM
Discussion Can this cam be used for FPV ? SpookiePower FPV Talk 8 Sep 12, 2010 07:12 AM
Cool How cool would this be for FPV Kai_Shiden FPV Talk 2 May 11, 2009 07:41 PM