HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:50 PM
United States, OK, Goldsby
Joined Jul 2012
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
I run those on all my outdoor helis and quads.

Quality can be a bit hit n miss, at least one of my 6 units is not triggering at the supposedly 3.4V LVC
I don't use them on many of mine. Most come with LVC indicators that work better than these alarms do (like telemetry!). On those that don't, I I find the alarms aren't audible or visible beyond a couple of hundred feet. So even when those are on the aircraft, I need a timer so I know it's time to bring it close enough to tell anyway. Which means they are low and the usual soft cutoff works fine.

I've ordered one of these, mostly for the 4F200LM. But if it works well, I may try it on the V915 as well.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:59 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,699 Posts
Thanks for your input, I text the guy if he still had it and he said yes and is willing to go down on the price. I think the Frysky TX & RX for $30 is a good deal. I was thinking of asking him to sell me the whole package for $220.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
When I bought V915 I ordered an extra main motor. So far no need for it. I have an old 9116 that stock motor is pretty wimpy. Maybe just for fun try V915 motor in it. bird still flys but power is modest at best. Reson I even bother is good for indoors. 200 sized heli and good nose in hovering practice.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,168 Posts
The 915 board into those double horse units works really well apparently allot more servo throw and fly on the wl tx.
kiwi_craig is online now Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:08 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
Quote:
The 915 board into those double horse units works really well apparently allot more servo throw and fly on the wl tx.
Sounds good as I have motor and boards are cheap. Like I said 9116 does fly but under powered to a fault. TX is junk for 9116.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:03 PM
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
The "tethered" V915 Smoke Stack! Tired of losing them!!!
PonyMan is offline Find More Posts by PonyMan
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:05 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,168 Posts
done the same................. I also tweak the end of the flybar up to help avoid the dreaded "knock off"..............
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:30 PM
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
Quote:
done the same................. I also tweak the end of the flybar up to help avoid the dreaded "knock off"..............
I did that to my V913 and it was a disaster Craig! I know everyone is doing that mod but since my version on the V913 I gave up! LOL. I might try and run it again tomorrow and see just for kicks! This is the bar I bent. Just seemed really out of whack when I tried to fly it, cambered off hard to the right and CRASH! Took it off and haven't looked back since.
Last edited by PonyMan; Nov 24, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:55 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,168 Posts
? wow, it is hard to get them balanced right I will give you that, mine flies great and have done back to back flights to check.

I move the bend in about 15mm from the end of the weight along the wire, allows allot more fine tuning and a more gentle bend angle, I get it so the weight, at full angle of the fly bar, is approx. horizontal above the scale turbine, also clears the canopy nicely as well.

with the NE mixers I way prefer the stock weights, same on the 912 now as well. the lighter weights are to hard to handle IMO flight wise...........
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
Quote:
? wow, it is hard to get them balanced right I will give you that, mine flies great and have done back to back flights to check.

I move the bend in about 15mm from the end of the weight along the wire, allows allot more fine tuning and a more gentle bend angle, I get it so the weight, at full angle of the fly bar, is approx. horizontal above the scale turbine, also clears the canopy nicely as well.

with the NE mixers I way prefer the stock weights, same on the 912 now as well. the lighter weights are to hard to handle IMO flight wise...........
So I bent it to close to the ends then? I will try another bar and go in some before I start the bend in it and give it a try. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,168 Posts
Ive straightened and then rebent them okay in the past, use a pair of pliers on the wire to get an even spacing both sides and a controlled bend.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:52 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
I now have both V915 and 4f200 LM Lamas flying. Devo 7 is set at 50% Throddle 0 pitch. anyway need to get use to that but bird flys nice. V915 is easier but its made to do that. I'll have fun with both. I would like to put a light weight body kit on my V200V01 FBL bl/ shaft drive f/P. Very nice flyer with plenty of power.
Old Today, 01:19 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,168 Posts
there is a guy in germany who makes really nice scale body kits, nice stuff

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012