HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:11 AM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
Thanks, y'all!

I did some flying of my PZ T-28 today, before the wind kicked up.

I did a bit more tonight, making and fitting the roundels and carving the headrest and fastening it to the hatch latch. Now, I need to make my pilot's head and attach it to the headrest, so it will be part of the latch, as well.

We're supposed to get snow tomorrow night. I need to be careful, or I'll have another snow day... and finish this build.

Perhaps I'll switch to my other project, the restoration of a 30-year old Goldberg Eagle. I need to run by the LHS for some more covering materials, some white UltraCote.

Or, I might work on my non-aviation project. I'm carving a Celtic Cross from Indiana Limestone--no power tools.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2013, 04:10 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
I really like your headrest latch David. Your Celtic Cross looks like a beautiful project of its own.
conrad907 is offline Find More Posts by conrad907
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:01 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,759 Posts
David,
Are you going with a plain white scheme then? I've been holding off drawing up any tissue printing designs until I had a clearer idea what you had in mind. Had to content myself with drawing up and printing some little profile foamies. Yes, I know the F word should be banned here, but it keeps me busy while I await the Knight parts.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Mar 25, 2013, 06:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
Pete,

Yes, I'm going with the plain white. I had the material in hand and, as a contractor supporting government, I'm trying to live a bit more providentially by limiting expenditures a little.

I also have several rolls of colored packing tape and may add some color to the plain white in the form of a "cowling ring" or a fuselage stripe forward of the tail group. I'm also considering numbers, similar to those on an B.E.2 I found online.

I will be returning to foam for build, soon. I still have half a box of MPF and have been thinking of making a powered glider (1 to 2 meter span).

The snow stopped... it's 0600 here and there is about 4 inches of snow on the ground. I'm not looking forward to the commute to work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
Really like those pics of the B.E.2

I looks like a big model! Very nice restoration job.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:18 PM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2012
1,283 Posts
Design Assistants......oops.....supervisors

I have two design assistants.......Becky Raymond and Stump
Old_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Old_Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doppelpfeil Maiden
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
My cat has passed on, but had I had a foam trainer around when she were here, I am sure she would have found it to be a great scratching post on wheels!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:40 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Seeing that BE2 makes me wish I'd hung onto a plan I had for an 82" BE2E years ago. A fine example of a committee design if ever there was!

'One Knight' would look good with those external closed loop controls though.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:18 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines about the close loop controls. But, since I've already installed push rods and closed the fuselage, I may dummy them up and let the elevator drive the movement in reverse.

I'm also contemplating adding:
-- the external bomb rack and filling it
-- a split piece of black heat-shrink tubing for cockpit coaming
-- giving the nose block a water-cooled radiator appearance
-- other fiddlely bits that occur to me between no and contest's end

My next stage will be wing struts with a quick-detach feature, allowing the wing removal for battery replacement; with landing gear after.

I've been a bit under the weather. A new medication to cope with some high blood pressure has wreaked some havoc with my usual demeanor; and, I've needed to work some evening shifts at my employer, changing my sleep patterns.

This is how I find myself awake at 0215, fighting a headache and feeling like an old boot.

This, too, shall pass.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Mar 29, 2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
It's really amazing how many people I learn to appreciate on RCG turn out to like cats, as i do myself.

I am made to remember a Mark Twain quotation, "When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction."

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2013, 04:21 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
I also realize the picture of the individual's build I included in post #1 is incorrect in the rudder markings. Before August 1930, British aircraft had the Blue stripe forward. The BE2, and Bill Hannan's plan, are correct in this regard.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
David,

I see Pat is going with German markings on his build. Perhaps a small "Snoopy" pilot is in order for yours?

Conrad
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,990 Posts
A "Sir Snoopy" pilot is definitely possible...

this morning, I removed a warp in one wing and began fabrication of the wing struts and the undercarriage.

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:10 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,759 Posts
"I see Pat is going with German markings on his build" You mean there are 3 of us building these?

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERRAKE View Post
"I see Pat is going with German markings on his build" You mean there are 3 of us building these?

Pete
Pete,

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen, and stupidity,... but not in that order!

Conrad