HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:30 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjets View Post
Had an offer of a plane from Het they have given me a new motor and the plane for $250.I still think that the plane would of still been here now if the wood had been in the right place for the hinges.

dont think its a good deal realy as the plane cost well over $1000 distroyed everything retracts,esc,batterys,servos,but suppose thats how people do business now .Still love this plane though but a little diapointed with het

http://youtu.be/QLAu71Lt9ec
With that kind of evidence they should have given it to you for free.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:30 PM
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Richmond, VA
Joined Feb 2008
485 Posts
Thanks Vic and C/N...1600kv sounds good! Vengame makes you think twice w/ that 6s 1970kv bird... he's got it going on

Can anyone tell me what the average wing cord is? Or the root cord and tip cord? I want to calculate the wing area and wing cube loading. I've tryed to guestimate from my 70mm sniper wing, but I'd prefer the real numbers. It seems the wing loading may be very low for an edf... which would be awesome!
heychas is offline Find More Posts by heychas
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:57 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
With that kind of evidence they should have given it to you for free.
AS u can see from this picture the hinges have just been ripped out and thats when i cut the wing apart and saw there was no wood there.There were afew people looked and they had no wood there too
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:54 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,570 Posts
Quote:
AS u can see from this picture the hinges have just been ripped out and thats when i cut the wing apart and saw there was no wood there.There were afew people looked and they had no wood there too
What I don't get is why would they put wooden blocks on the hinge locations instead of just putting one long piece along the whole length of the hinge line (a traditional way), that way it would stiffen the stab + it would give builders a bit of insurance that the hinge is secured to a wooden block and not just air (afterall we all know where this kits are made at).
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Quote:
What an absolute disaster! Sorry to hear that you unknowingly payed a grand to be the guinea pig for HET. I hope the manufacturer takes care of you. I would be ashamed if I was in any way associated with this product!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
What I don't get is why would they put wooden blocks on the hinge locations instead of just putting one long piece along the whole length of the hinge line...
That's one of the questions that was originally brought up after the first one crashed oh-so-many months ago now.

From what I understand, the new stabs should be ready soon.
Hope to get my hands on a replacement Sniper... I'm missing the way these things fly!!!
If schedules work out we're planning to bring out at least one Sniper w/ the original Stab as well as another w/ the new Stab to Best in the West.
Should be fun to mix it up w/ both large and small turbines and EDF's.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
That's one of the questions that was originally brought up after the first one crashed oh-so-many months ago now.

From what I understand, the new stabs should be ready soon.
Hope to get my hands on a replacement Sniper... I'm missing the way these things fly!!!
If schedules work out we're planning to bring out at least one Sniper w/ the original Stab as well as another w/ the new Stab to Best in the West.
Should be fun to mix it up w/ both large and small turbines and EDF's.

Vic
That would be nice, looking forward to starting the build.
cquian is offline Find More Posts by cquian
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:16 PM
Denmark, Nordjylland, Gistrup
Joined Aug 2005
402 Posts
Any one know where to buy it in Europe? And please one with wood in all the right places.

Thx.
flemsus is offline Find More Posts by flemsus
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flemsus View Post
Any one know where to buy it in Europe? And please one with wood in all the right places.

Thx.
hey flemsus.. it seems that the best place to buy it is HET directly..
highendrc.com
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:53 AM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Had an offer of a plane from Het they have given me a new motor and the plane for $250.I still think that the plane would of still been here now if the wood had been in the right place for the hinges.

dont think its a good deal realy as the plane cost well over $1000 distroyed everything retracts,esc,batterys,servos,but suppose thats how people do business now .Still love this plane though but a little diapointed with het

http://youtu.be/QLAu71Lt9ec
Out of curiosity, did you get this "special" deal through EJF from HET, or were you communicating directly to HET about your issue?
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
Out of curiosity, did you get this "special" deal through EJF from HET, or were you communicating directly to HET about your issue?
I had the offer straight from Het,just carnt understand how its not there fault clearly the woods not in the right place the hinges are all ready set in the elivator.
Last edited by alanjets; Aug 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
I had the offer straight from Het,just carnt understand how its not there fault clearly the woods not in the right place the hinges are all ready set in the elivator.
That's a shame. I was going to purchase this Sniper when they get the stab under control. But now, I'm not purchasing anything from HET, ever. Hope their special deal was worth it to them. I'm sure I'm not the only one disgusted with your outcome.
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:52 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Complete BS

Where is the customer service.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,483 Posts
+1, this is total bull. Where did you buy this from? You didn't get it direct from HET did you?
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
+1, this is total bull. Where did you buy this from? You didn't get it direct from HET did you?
yep got it direct from HET just carnt beleve it its surely factory fault i didnt put the wood in the wrong places