HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2014, 11:08 PM
┼tvidaberg, Sweden
Joined Jul 2008
218 Posts
Discussion
Twin pusher motor cargo plane

After the success with the B-52 and it's natural and smooth flying characteristics I thought about one other plane. The Russian IL-76.
I have seen it on TV several times and something with it is just so cool. But I had a couple of things from the B-52 that I had to change though.
Firstly, the motor gondoles. On a B-52 they are vital for the silhouette of the plane and can't really be removed. But in this case since the plane is not that rooted in peoples head it's no problem to skip the four motors and use two pusher instead.

I opted for a quick build with a kf3 wing because of the wing shape.

Final drawings added and some more pictures.
Pukin_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Pukin_Dog
Last edited by Pukin_Dog; Oct 06, 2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added updatet plans.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 06:26 AM
┼tvidaberg, Sweden
Joined Jul 2008
218 Posts
Added test flight video.

RC Cargo Test flight. (5 min 8 sec)

Flew quite good, despite it's light weight. It wasn't calm outside and I like them a little heavier so they fly nicer.
First start was with way to small props on it. I never thought it would work but I had to try though.
Pukin_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Pukin_Dog