HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,619 Posts
Discussion
Romney's 5 Trillion + 2 Trillion

I understand that Romney said he won't sign off on any bill that costs $5T. But his tax cut will amount to that cost plus another $2T for Defense Spending which is more than the pentagon has asked for.

He said this will be made up by closing Tax Loop Holes and a 20% cut across the board on federal spending programs.

The simple fact is there is not enough tax loop holes to cover 7 Trillion. To deny this means you're insane. Please do not respond to this thread if you think there are enough tax loop holes to cover his plan. I only want to hear from people that have a reasonable grasp on reality.

So this means the balance will have to come from the 20% cuts across the board according to R's economic plan. But Romney will not give any real details (about which programs that can have a meaningful impact on the budget) will be cut. Please don't come in with laughable suggestions such has his example of cutting PBS, which is around .0004% of the budget. That amounts to less than the water vapor in the barrel.

So my question to Repubs, Conservs, Libs leaning Conservative, and whoever will vote for Romney:

Does it concern you that your candidate does not have concrete answers as to what will be cut in the 20% except for examples that won't even scratch the budget's surface (e.g. PBS)? And does it not make you uneasy when he says we need to talk to him after he's in the white house to get more details?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,629 Posts
It does not bother me at all. Do you want to see America go totally bankrupt with the Obama "more of the same" plan?
Greybird is online now Find More Posts by Greybird
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,629 Posts
Why should details of this plan be revealed? The O won't even reveal college transcripts. The Bro gotta Go..
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:20 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,937 Posts
Where would you be without liberal internet sites to tell you what to say?

Too bad it is just old BS that has ripened and is making those who spread it smell worse than the untruth being told.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
I believe Romney is an honest man that will work in a bipartisan way to help America out of our problems. Obama will NEVER do that. Only his communist father's dreams are important to him. His birthright you know.

Anyone still following obama and the load of crap he is peddling does not understand what is going on.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
the real fact is there is no 5 trillion figure. thats an obammy lie.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
the real fact is there is no 5 trillion figure. thats an obammy lie.
Math.... http://election.princeton.edu/2012/09/30/the-mailbag/
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Anything he can do will be better than Obama doing nothing. End of story. It's Romney or trillion dollar deficits every year from Mr KnowNothing-DoNothing-KeepSpending.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:25 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
I understand that Romney said he won't sign off on any bill that costs $5T. But his tax cut will amount to that cost plus another $2T for Defense Spending which is more than the pentagon has asked for.

He said this will be made up by closing Tax Loop Holes and a 20% cut across the board on federal spending programs.

The simple fact is there is not enough tax loop holes to cover 7 Trillion. To deny this means you're insane. Please do not respond to this thread if you think there are enough tax loop holes to cover his plan. I only want to hear from people that have a reasonable grasp on reality.

So this means the balance will have to come from the 20% cuts across the board according to R's economic plan. But Romney will not give any real details (about which programs that can have a meaningful impact on the budget) will be cut. Please don't come in with laughable suggestions such has his example of cutting PBS, which is around .0004% of the budget. That amounts to less than the water vapor in the barrel.

So my question to Repubs, Conservs, Libs leaning Conservative, and whoever will vote for Romney:

Does it concern you that your candidate does not have concrete answers as to what will be cut in the 20% except for examples that won't even scratch the budget's surface (e.g. PBS)? And does it not make you uneasy when he says we need to talk to him after he's in the white house to get more details?
Obama was required by a law that he negotiated and signed to define what cuts would be made in sequestration a couple weeks ago. Obama has not done that. The ball is in his court.

I'll be waiting.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Obama was required by a law that he negotiated and signed to define what cuts would be made in sequestration a couple weeks ago. Obama has not done that. The ball is in his court.

I'll be waiting.

I wish I could photoshop this clip. Just pretend the balding white guy is an arrogant black guy....

I am above the law! (0 min 7 sec)
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird View Post
It does not bother me at all. Do you want to see America go totally bankrupt with the Obama "more of the same" plan?
Haha, this is what I thought too.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:11 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,619 Posts
So the consensus thus far is that voters dont care that r has no plan.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,629 Posts
His plan sounds great to me. I can wait until he is in the White House. He cannot reveal too much or the O will make some cheesey commercials about how it cannot work. Kinda like your first post.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird View Post
His plan sounds great to me. I can wait until he is in the White House. He cannot reveal too much or the O will make some cheesey commercials about how it cannot work. Kinda like your first post.
Yeah. Ignorance is bliss.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings View Post
again, consider the source. that source is completely innacurate.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia